Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites - Coeur D'Alene
Ranked #5 of 22 Hotels in Coeur d'Alene
Ripon, WI
“Friendly Hotel”
Reviewed 15 October 2013

Wow! When you check in at a hotel and are told that you are "The Guest of the Day" and given a bag of goodies and a room upgrade it is enough to turn your head. But we would have been very happy with this hotel even without the pleasant surprise. This was our fourth stop on a cross-country trip to Seattle. This was the friendliest of the four. It had all the amenities and comfort that we associate with Holiday Inn Express hotels. The social hour was a nice touch. Our best memory, however, was the person in charge of the Breakfast. She was friendly and when she heard that we were traveling to Seattle that day, she called her sister to ensure that there would be no blasting on the passes to hold us up. Now that is real customer friendly service.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
Melody B, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites - Coeur D'Alene, responded to this review, 17 October 2013
Hello BillW,
Thank you so much for such a great review and taking the time to write it. We are so happy you were our guest of the day! i hope you enjoyed your bag of goodies and upgrade!
I will let our breakfast bar manager, Hazel, know you appreciated her and her extra effort. She is a kind heart and a great person to have here at the Holiday Inn Express.
Come back and visit soon!
Travel safe!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (115)
Washington State
Reviewed 11 October 2013

We were on the road for a couple of weeks and stayed in a lot of hotels. Holiday Inns, Best Western's, Country Inn and Suites, Super 8's....and our last night we hit this place. Nice people, nice room, bed and breakfast. But what we appreciated most was the nice "house dog" Dodger behind the desk. We needed an animal fix and this sweet pooch helped us with that. The price was good, too. Oh, it was close to a Starbucks, too!

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
JessicaFOM, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites - Coeur D'Alene, responded to this review, 17 October 2013
Vidala,
Thank you for taking the time to write a review. Dodger is always welcoming to wary travelers - and you can keep up with him on Facebook at facebook.com/DodgerW even after returning home. I am glad you enjoyed your stay, and although we serve some great coffee, there is indeed a Starbucks just behind us in the Riverstone development. We hope next time you will be able to stay a couple more nights in Coeur d'Alene.
-JessicaFOM
Calgary, Canada
Reviewed 6 October 2013

We had a lovely time staying at this hotel. Check in was good, but they had run out of city maps, something we had become accustomed to receiving when arriving at this hotel group. The room was clean, as was the pool, communal and breakfast areas. There was ample parking all around the hotel so it was easy finding a spot close our room. This HI Express was in a great location, and the entrance and garden were well maintained and neat. Breakfast was good too. Unfortunately the desk attended was heavily involved with a personal friend of his much later the evening we returned from dinner, and only attended to us after about 15 minutes when his friend finally left, and this loses this hotel one star, as I believe customers should come first before the staff's personal friends. I recommend staying here if you are looking for a clean, well-located hotel.

RW17,
Thank you for your candid review of your stay with us. We take a lot of pride in the appearance of our building, rooms, and grounds and your praise will be kindly shared with our staff. I have addressed the necessity of prompt and available service with our front desk staff and we have a new box of city maps for our guests. I am glad you were able to use our hotel as your center for your adventures in Coeur d'Alene. We look forward to your next stay with us and the opportunity to earn five stars.
-JessicaFOM
East Wenatchee, Washington
Reviewed 6 October 2013

What a beautiful city, this was our first time stopping in Coeur D'Alene, we usually drive through since it is only 4 hours from home. This hotel was lovely, very spacious rooms, very clean, nicely decorated, great hot breakfast, quiet lobby for reading, meeting with friends or playing the games they have. The staff were all very friendly; from the front desk, the housekeepers, the breakfast staff, everyone had a smile, were friendly, helpful and very knowledgeable of the area. The only thing I felt that was missing was they didn't have maps of the local area for their guests...which would have come in handy as we got lost our first night in town. The last day of our trip as we were walking downtown enjoying some shopping there were magazines in those little vendor boxes along the street, free of charge, and in these magazines were maps and all kinds of local information on restaurants, shopping, etc. Whoever prints and distributes these magazines should make sure they are at the hotels...we would have seen and shopped at more businesses had we seen this when we first came to town.

Nice pool although it was small, I didn't like the idea that the breakfast area looked out at the pool. It was quite disturbing to see the old gentleman in the little bathing suit walking around the pool deck as I tried to swallow my breakfast. :0) There is a great outdoor entertainment area with fire pit that you can request. It was a lovely thought and we would have used it if it had not been raining every night we were there.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
Melody B, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites - Coeur D'Alene, responded to this review, 7 October 2013
Hello! thank you very much for a great detailed review! I appreciate your honesty and tips. I really do hope you come back and visit again soon! Thanks so much
Olympia, Washington
Reviewed 3 October 2013

This Holiday Inn Express exceeded my expectations. We were traveling through the area on our way to Yellowstone and had booked it a few days prior. We arrived at the hotel close to midnight and were cheerfully greeted and booked into our room quickly. The entire hotel was clean and classy with a nice lobby area and dining area. Our room was clean, quiet and well appointed and the furnishings were upscale. The bed was comfortable and the restroom was updated and all of the plumbing worked well. Breakfast in the morning was the usual mass produced eggs and cereal but the attendant in the dining room was friendly and attentive. Parking was convenient and the area felt safe and secure. It was far enough from the Interstate to be quiet but close enough to be convenient. I would recommend this as a stop over or a place to spend a few nights while in the area.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
Hell and thank you for writing such a great helpful review. We really do appreciate the time you put in. We strive to work hard around here to keep everything clean and up to date. We are so happy you stayed. Please come back and stay again soon!
Surrey, Canada
Reviewed 2 October 2013

We arrived to find the hotel full. Only room available was a wheelchair suite and I was thrilled with the space, cleanliness and friendliness of the staff. There was a special free dinner with drinks that night and the breakfast was excellent the next morning with plenty of choices. The room was quiet at night except for the people in the room above us thumping around with their feet in the middle of the night probably going to the washroom. I was surprised by another review that dogs were allowed in the rooms because otherwise I would have looked for another place. I love dogs - ok in the lobby but not in my bedroom.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review. We appreciate it very much! I am glad you enjoyed your stay. Please come back and stay again soon! Thanks so much!
Missoula, Montana
Reviewed 28 September 2013

This hotel was a pleasant surprise when I saw different pooches in and around the lobby area. Then I noticed the signs which introduced the hotel dog who is in residence there, and I got to meet him later in the day. I love animals so it made the stay even more enjoyable by getting some quality puppy love.

Another plus was the warm cookies that were served in the lobby in the evening, which my husband in particular enjoyed and went back for seconds. They were as good as my home baked.

The hot breakfast was good, and had a good variety of items for individual tastes and the hotel is easy to find with easy access on and off the Interstate.

I had read reviews that said to stay in rooms away from the freeway, but we had a room on the freeway side and didn't hear anything... we do keep the air conditioner/heater fan on during the night for "white" noise, however, so that helped. I slept very well, and thought the beds were quite comfortable

My only complaint was that the bathroom had a "sour" smell, like the shower curtain and/or towels had not been dried. There was also something on the inside of the shower curtain, a glob of something I could not define nor did I want to look that closely at it.

Overall I would recommend this hotel.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
Hello! thank you so much for the great review. Please find our hotel guest services manager, Dodger Weimeranian on his Facebook page. I am sure he would love to stay in touch with you.
He also loves the night time cookies- he tries to sneak a few sometimes! But we all really try not to let him eat those. I will be sure to pass on your review to my housekeeping department. Thank you so much for letting me know, and taking the time to write a review. We hope to see you soon!