Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites - Coeur D'Alene
Ranked #6 of 22 Hotels in Coeur d'Alene
Moab, Utah
“Excellence!”
Reviewed 15 February 2014

As a motorcoach operator, I stay at A LOT of hotels! Not one of the hotels I've stayed in has compelled me to write a review, until this one. I brought a hockey team to Coeur d'Alene Idaho for a tournament, and we stayed several days over the Valentine's/ President's day holiday weekend. The property is beautiful, the rooms are clean, but that's not what made the property exceptional. It was the people. More notably, the housekeeping. When I came back to my room on Valentine's day, I was surprised to find a handwritten note and a couple of chocolates. This may seem like no big deal to some, but it meant the word to me. I left them a thank you note (even though every room got one) because I hadn't gotten a Valentine for several years. The next day I was brought to tears to find roses, a box of chocolates, and a card from the girls making up for the years I never received a Valentine. How sweet is that!!!? The breakfast attendant was a sweetheart as well. All of the staff went above and beyond to make you feel welcome. Also during my stay I learned the property owners are dog rescuers!!! All of their properties have a rescue living there! I love it! I had the pleasure of walking and loving on "Dodger". This place is awesome, and I recommend to everyone!

• Stayed February 2014

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (113)
Bozeman, Montana
Reviewed 10 February 2014 via mobile

Came to this location for proxity to the hockey rink our team was playing at. Could not have been more pleased. Offered us a discounted rate since we were playing at the Frontier Ice rink and went out of their way to make us feel welcome. This included opening the breakfast area 2 days in a row early so we could be at our games by 6:30 and the team wouldn't be starving. That means the world to families who travel so much and pay enough for a room. The staff were some of the friendliest we have encountered. From the lady with long dark hair at the desk who was later seen helping clean up a mess from an overflowed toilet and even joking about it. She looked like a manager but I failed to get her name. Many people would have been angry about the mess, she clearly took it all in stride. When I went outside at 6:30 am after a fresh snow there was an employee scrapping all the car windows in the lot. I seriously couldn't believe it. He and I joked for a while and I told him how much I appreciated him doing that. So many people are lazy and won't even scrape their windows. Making it a hazard to everyone driving. The lady in the breakfast room made small talk with everyone she could but still worked diligently. She saw we were from Bozeman and told me about her daughter's roomate from here. Anytime you can add a personal touch like that it makes people feel more welcome and at home. The rooms themselves were clean and the beds super comfortable. Would highly recommend this hotel. Thank you!

Stayed February 2014, travelled with friends
JessicaFOM, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites - Coeur D'Alene, responded to this review, 12 February 2014
Cdrabslp,
First of all, thank you for staying with us - as the sponsored hotel of the Frontier Ice Arena it is our pleasure to accommodate the hockey teams. I know that sports like this require a lot of traveling for families such as yours and to be a stand out experience is truly appreciated by our staff. We strive to go above and beyond for our guests and delight in getting feedback like this. Thank you for sharing your experience as we really couldn't have said anything better. We look forward to seeing you again for another great stay here in Coeur d'Alene.
Rochester, Minnesota
Reviewed 2 February 2014 via mobile

My family was traveling across states and we called just a few hours prior to stopping (granted we are traveling during winter). They had availability, free internet, pool and breakfast. The staff was friendly and the room was clean. I would stay here again.

Stayed February 2014
2 Thank Shaddick
JessicaFOM, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites - Coeur D'Alene, responded to this review, 4 February 2014
Shaddick,
Thank you for writing such a great review of your recent stay with us. It sounds like you were able to take advantage of many of our amenities, even for a short stay, including free Wi-Fi, 24-hour indoor pool, & deluxe continental breakfast. We look forward to seeing you again soon, and hopefully next time you can plan to stay longer with us.
Brisbane
Reviewed 8 January 2014

We stayed here 1 night on a snowy winter drive from Seattle to Denver. Their staff were all friendly and so thoughtful! Room was very nice & comfortable. Complimentary breakfast was good.Nice reception with lounges and a fireplace & free newspapers. Wifi free in room

Over & above !!! Complimentary dinner was provided in the breakfast room - tacos, beer & wine - they were delicious
After dinner warm freshly baked cookies were put out

Best of all was in the morning I looked out in the car park over all the snow covered cars to see that the staff had gone out early and scraped all the snow & ice from all the windows of every car.

Room Tip: We were on the 3rd floor overlooking the front carpark & pretty Christmas lights
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank Hilary R
GMJenn, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites - Coeur D'Alene, responded to this review, 10 January 2014
Hilary R, Thank you very much for taking the time to write such a nice review about your stay here in Coeur d' Alene. I am pleased that you were able to enjoy our complimentary dinner, drinks and freshly baked cookies. We provide a dinner service year round for all our guests that stay with us. We want our guests to be comfortable when they stay here and not always do they prepare for our winter conditions. We make a habit out of scraping off the snow off from our guests window so they don't have to deal with that hassle when they are ready to depart the hotel. Our motto is "Impress Guest" and I am pleased we have impressed you! We hope to see you again in the near future. Until then, Safe Travels!
London
Reviewed 19 December 2013

I was in the area for only one night on business and had no time to enjoy the hospitality of the hotel. Yet I knew I wanted to stay longer. It was near Christmas and the decor of the furnishings and the decorations made me think I was staying at the lodge from " White Christmas". It had this warm holiday feel to it and I wished I could have had another night to actually enjoy that. The staff went way beyond average in their assistance. When I checked in I was over tired and grumpy but the desk staff took care of that right away with their positive attitude.

The location was great, decor was great, services was great..EVERYTHING was great! Will be sure to visit here again if I am in the area….and will book an extra day to absorb the atmosphere.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank RebeccaAbrams
JessicaFOM, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites - Coeur D'Alene, responded to this review, 26 December 2013
RebeccaAbrams,
Thank you for sharing your experience staying at our hotel. I am so glad to hear that we immersed you in our Holiday cheer ... although we of course strive for above and beyond service every day. We look forward to your return and hope to have you for a longer stay next time!
Lake Oswego
Reviewed 18 December 2013

Right off I90 entering Coeur d'Alene (exit 11) sits this gem of a place! Everything is new and they serve hot breakfast in the mornings (they have an automatic pancake machine!), happy hour tues-fri I think, and popcorn and freshly baked cookies at night! They have a very adequate workout facility, an indoor pool and hot tub and even a gas fire pit out back you can ask the front desk to turn on. The staff is very friendly and they take pets. They even have a dog mascot, Dodger, who roams the front desk! This place is reasonably priced and every bit as good as a more expensive brand (Hyatt, Westin, Marriott etc) except they don't have a restaurant. Try thus place, you will not regret it!

• Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
2 Thank littlemtn
JessicaFOM, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites - Coeur D'Alene, responded to this review, 18 December 2013
Littlemtn,
Thank you for a fabulous review of your stay with us. As you described, our hotel is designed to offer all the comforts of home and more. It is our greatest pleasure to know that our guests are impressed and enjoyed their time with us. I will be sure to share your kind words with our staff and we look forward to your return!
Rapid City, South Dakota
Reviewed 13 December 2013

The pool was a treat to exercise in, and warmer than most hotel pools, especially since the temps outside were bitter! All the staff were friendly and went out of their way to be helpful. Room was clean, and quiet.

Only downside is you have to go down a few steps to get to the food area or go thru the pool area.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank plains16
JessicaFOM, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites - Coeur D'Alene, responded to this review, 14 December 2013
Plains16,
With a mission statement to 'Impress Guests', we know we are on the right track hearing that our staff went out of their way to be helpful and friendly during your stay. I am so glad you were able to enjoy our 24-hour indoor pool as well as your room. Thank you for sharing your experience and we look forward to seeing you again soon.