“Great place to stay!!!”

Ranked #5 of 22 Hotels in Coeur d'Alene
Calgary
“Great place to stay!!!”
Reviewed 10 August 2010

My sister and I were in Coeur d'Alene July 29th and 30th. This hotel had the most comfortable beds ever! We arrived very late at night and the night staff were very friendly and even second guessed my arrival date for me (I'd made a mistake) and held the room for us anyway. The whole place is very pretty with lots of flowers. The free breakfast was more than we needed to get us started. Even the cleaning staff were friendly! I loved the mascot and the fact the hotel is pet friendly. This hotel is conveniently located near the interstate and the road that takes you to downtown but is still very quiet. I would stay here again without hesitation.

• Stayed July 2010
1 Thank soon2beslim
CDAHIE, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites - Coeur D'Alene, responded to this review, 26 August 2010
Thank you for a great review. Our Mascot "Dodger" was a great addition to our team when we rescued him back in January. I think he is the most loved dog in America now. I will pass along your comments to our staff; and we all hope to see you and your sister again very soon.
Until then, Safe Travels...

Mike O'Brien

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (111)
Missoula, Montana
Reviewed 3 August 2010

I have stayed in hotels across the country for work and liesure. The Holiday Inn Express in Coeur D'alene is a very nice clean facility, with excellent amenities, and nice rooms. However, it is the staff that makes the hotel great! Every person I have dealt with has gone above and beyond to be helpful and courteous. I don't know how one hotel in Coeur D'alene has managed to hire only great employees but the manager deserves a raise!! I highly recommend this hotel!!

• Stayed July 2010, travelled on business
CDAHIE, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites - Coeur D'Alene, responded to this review, 5 August 2010
First, thanks for the good word for a raise. ;)
Second, thank you for sharing with the world how fabulous our staff is. I feel blessed everyday to come to work with the crew I have. We truely have the best hotel anywhere. We all hope to see you again soon, until then...

Meridian, Idaho
Reviewed 2 August 2010

The hotel is immaculate and the staff is friendly and helpful. My clients all commented how helpful the staff at the hotel was. The breakfast and nightly managers reception staff were engaging and interested. We were often asked how our project was going and if there was anything they could do to help. They offered great advise about the town and they went above and beyond with free drink coupons and other benefits. They offered a "home" experience by offering to let people walk the managers dog and had games in the lobby to make it feel like home. The lobby is warm and inviting and the staff is interactive with the guests in the lobby. The rooms are comfortable with both refrigerator and microwave. The TV offerings are relevant to a business traveler. The food was above average for a similar hotel. They offer the traditional hot and cold items but also offer items prepared by the hotel to make it healthy. The on-site BBQ grill provided great nightly "meals" so that we would not have had to leave the hotel. We did leave the hotel because Coeur d'Alene is so beautiful. The hotel is easy to get to (right off the freeway) but you don't notice the noise from the freeway at all in the rooms. The freeway also settles down quite a bit at night. The hotel is close to the lake (short drive)and also close to the north side of town. Several good eating options right around the hotel (walking distance) or within a quick drive. The pool is also great if you are traveling with kids. I rely heavily on trip advisor when I travel and would not lead you astray on this. I travel quite a bit and think this is the best hotel I have stayed at--by far. I feel completely comfortable having my clients stay here and they always say that the hotel stay was a highlight of their trip. The staff makes all the difference!

• Stayed July 2010, travelled on business
1 Thank mgamette
This is the biggest review to date! Thank for taking the time to write such a great review of our hotel and our amazing staff! We look forward to having your group with us again in the future. All of your guys were great and we loved having them.
Hope to see you again soon.

Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed 24 July 2010

The rooms are large, very clean and modern; and the staff very helpful and friendly. Enjoyed breakfast there each morning, and it was well stocked and clean. Nice patio in back with beautiful hanging flower baskets. Easy walk to Riverstone Mall with shops, movie theaters, restaurants, and bike rentals at Vertical Earth where you can rent a bike ($15 for 4 hours) and cruise the Centennial bike path along the Spokane river and Lake Coeur D’Alene. About 5 minutes car ride to the city of Coeur D’Alene. At the Independence Point City Dock you can board a cruise boat, go Parasailing, rent kayaks and other water toys. Our party of 6 which included two teenage boys and their grandparents, all had a great time. Nearby restaurant recommendations include: Cedars Floating restaurant (make a reservation), Moon Time, Bonsai Bistro, Azteca (in Riverstone) and Crickets.

• Stayed July 2010, travelled with family
1 Thank THW66
CDAHIE, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites - Coeur D'Alene, responded to this review, 29 July 2010
I think you touched on some of the better parts of Coeur d'Alene on what to see and do. This is a great review, not just for us but for the city of CDA. I am thrilled that you had a great stay and by the sounds of it, you wasted no time while you were here. Thank you for taking the time to write a great review. We hope to see you again soon.

Des Moines, Iowa
Reviewed 22 July 2010

I have never written a review before, but this Hotel deserves one. We stayed at this Holiday Inn Express while competeing in the Ironman Competition. We were met by friendly staff, gift bags for all the athletes, great free breakfast and dinners during race week and cookies and milk at night. The rooms felt new and modern, and most important CLEAN! The eating areas were clean and the breakfast staff was prompt with refilling foods and drink and served warm eggs, waffles and more every morning. The hotel was conveniently located just 2 miles from down town and if I come again I will make sure to stay here again. Our experience was way above what we expected, what a great place! thanks

• Stayed June 2010, travelled as a couple
I am so glad you enjoyed your stay on the busiest weekend in Coeur d'Alene. We hope to see you again at next years Ironman event. You didn't mention it, but I hope you got to take advantage of the free dinner and drinks we served Tuesday - Saturday during the event. Thank you so very much for taking the time to write a review, we sincerely appreciate it.

Port Orchard, Washington
Reviewed 19 July 2010

My family started staying at Holiday Inn's about 5 years ago on our cross country move from Virginia to San Diego. Some locations were less than wonderful, whereas others really gave us a great experience!

We booked the hotel here in Coeur D'Alene a little anxious because our reason for being here was Silverwood and it's 15+ miles from the park. I have NEVER been happier to drive a short distance for such fantastic service and amenities!

From the warm and extremely informative greeting at check-in, to the milk and cookies from 7-9 p.m., 24 hour pool/spa use...great location in walking distance to a movie theater and several restaurants...and the birthday surprise that I would NEVER have expected for my 9 year old son.

Trust me - the short drive is definitely worth it, the room is great, and the staff is very accommodating! Give 'em a try!!!

• Stayed July 2010, travelled with family
WOW, you can't beat the best ever! Thank you for such a great review. My only hope is all other travelers will have the experience you had while you were here. Happy Birthday to your son once again, my staff hoped he enjoyed the goodies. Please keep us in mind next time you are in the area for some fun and relaxation. Until then...

Greensboro, North Carolina
Reviewed 3 July 2010

We stayed at the Holiday Inn Express over a five day period and could not have been happier. The hotel room was very comfortable for 3 adults and the dinners and breakfasts were wonderful. The outside patio was a great place to sit and enjoy the company of the other guests and was a relaxing way to end the day. The staff went out of their way to take care of us and Jennifer and Heather made us feel like part of the family. Whenever we head back to Couer d'Alene, we'll be sure to stay with you!

• Stayed June 2010, travelled as a couple
We can't wait to have you back and look forward to seeing you soon. You hit the nail on the head with Jennifer and Heather. Those two ladies take it to the next level with thier guest services. Thank you for writing a review.