“Not even good for the price”

FairBridge Inn - Coeur d'Alene
Ranked #14 of 22 Hotels in Coeur d'Alene
Seattle, Washington
“Not even good for the price”
Reviewed 2 July 2012

Generally I'm not too picky when I stay at a hotel that are deemed "good enough for what you pay" however this was not that. When we arrived the lobby smelled like it had been doused in cleanser with an underlying smell of whatever was recently cleaned up. The woman at the desk was nice enough but said about 3 words to us altogether. When we got up to our room we opened the door to a waft of damp/mildew/old cigarette smell (in a "non smoking" room). The room itself was average enough at first glance, but upon closer inspection it wasn't dirty so much as someone hasn't given a crap in a while. The smell stuck around so we opened the window (no screen) and febreezed the room in the hope that the smell would disperse (it didn't, but i guess that's what olfactory fatigue is for). Once it was time for bed we discovered our blanket had a cigarette burn on it and that our bed had a dip in the middle so if you were trying to sleep on either side you ended up rolling into the middle throughout the night. Overall my boyfriend and I were just looking for a bed for the night at the end of a long road trip and we barely even got that. I would recommend looking elsewhere.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank MotherFeatherlegs

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (39)
Honolulu, Hawaii
Reviewed 30 March 2012

I was very impressed with this hotel. Great value. It had everything I needed. The staff treated me like family and welcomed my dog. I will be back! Thank you!

• Stayed March 2012, travelled solo
CinthiaR, Director of Sales at FairBridge Inn - Coeur d'Alene, responded to this review, 31 March 2012
Hello and Thank you for taking the time to write this for us. I am very please you ejoyed your stay and hope you will return soon. Our staff works very hard to make sure everyone feel at home and it sounds like that did just that with you. ALL of our hotels are Pet Friendly and always will be. As a pet owner myself I know how nice it is when they are not only welcomes but are treated like a part of the family as well ") thank you for your stay and we hope to see you again soon.
Reviewed 8 February 2012

I am going to school for a month and needed a reletively in expensive place. I have been here for almost 3 weeks....Its clean....Its quiet....the staff professional and helpful. Its not the newest in toewn but the price is right and I would come back again when I am visiting.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled on business
CinthiaR, Director of Sales at FairBridge Inn - Coeur d'Alene, responded to this review, 19 February 2012
Hello and welcome to the hotel :) Thank you for taking the time to write and I am very pleased you have enjoyed your stay. I love our staff anf it is nice to hear others do as well. I hope you will come back for a visit when school is done.
Mount Juliet, Tennessee
Reviewed 25 October 2011

Value was nice for this hotel. The front desk lady was very friendly

Room Tip: The room we had was fine.
  • Stayed October 2011, travelled on business
CinthiaR, Owner at FairBridge Inn - Coeur d'Alene, responded to this review, 31 October 2011
Thank you for leaving your comment. We try to make sure eveyone has what they want and need. Our Hot Waffle breakfast is there for you to fill up on to start your day out the right way. I hope you will come back and see us soon.
Reviewed 5 August 2011

I stayed here with my kids as an overnight trip to Silverwood. We rolled in about 10:00 p.m. There was no desk clerk around, but we were greeted by a creepy old guy who asked me what room we were in (several times). We finally got checked in to our dirty room when a clerk arrived. We had a window that faced a gas station on the first floor. I didn't feel safe at all. The toilet had hair on it & the rest of the room was generally filthy. I wouldn't stay here again if they were giving the rooms away. Look elsewhere for your overnight accommodations.

• Stayed August 2011
1 Thank Swimgymdad
CinthiaR, General Manager at FairBridge Inn - Coeur d'Alene, responded to this review, 10 October 2011
I am so very sorry for your bad experance in our hotel. We havd had HUGE staff changes and are updating as we speak. I hope you will stop by and meet the new staff and see everything that is being done to make sure eveyones stays are up to par. We will have our Free Hot Waffle Breakfast and Free Wi-Fi along with a new engery to the hotel.

Travellers are raving about these Coeur d'Alene hotels

Reviewed 18 July 2011

This is an older hotel and could use some updating. But the rooms were clean, the service, for the most part, was great, and the price was very competitive. The rates were about the same as Motel 6, but more amenities were offered, including free breakfast, free Wi-Fi, fridges and microwaves. The kids in our group would have liked to have had a pool - something Motel 6 down the street offers.. But it rained during most of our stay. Other hotels in the area had indoor pools, but they also charged at least $70.00 a night more. One drawback - there's no elevator, and a couple of people in our group had a hard time with the stairs.. We arrived after midnight, not expecting a lot in the way of customer service, but were pleasantly surprised to be greeted by a friendly and professional night clerk named Carol, who patiently answered all our questions. We chatted with Carol during breakfast the next morning too, and she gave us some great sightseeing and shopping tips. Overall, we enjoyed our stay and will probably be back.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
Glad to hear you had such a great stay with us:) And thank you for writing, this help our staff know what they need to do to fix things and when they get a good review it helps them to know they are doing well. I hope you will stay again with our new staff and enjoy the updates we are working on now. Of course we will have our Free Hot Waffle Breakfast and Free Wi-Fi. Thank you again for your time in writing us.
jlavivong
Reviewed 27 June 2011

I chose this hotel because of location, price, refrigerater and microwave. Stayed at the Guesthouse w/ my husband and daughter for one night. It was not worth my money at all. The good thing there was the free breakfast and location. It was convenient to have stores and restaurants within walking distance. I was able to check in early to gaurantee a room for later. When we came back to the hotel, i walked into the room and my pillows had no cases. Beyond that, they were dingy and stained. GROSS!
Were didn't sleep very well because the refrigerater was extremely loud! Same w/ the little heater/fan thing.
The hallways smelled old and smokey. The back door always had people smoking right next to the door. So when my daughter and i walked out, we were hit with second hand smoke.
I really didn't inner act w/ staff much besides check in and out. So i honestly didn't care for the customer service.
I would not recommend this hotel to anyone.

Room Tip: find a better hotel
  • Stayed May 2011, travelled with family
4 Thank jlavivong
Hello, Sorry it has taken so long to get to you with a responce. We have had HUGE staff changes due to running into the same problems you ran into. I hope you will stop by and meet our new Staff and see how the hotel is now doing. We have statred to update and am sure you would be surprised with how well everything is coming around.