“La Quinta Inns”

Quality Inn & Suites
Ranked #9 of 22 Hotels in Coeur d'Alene
“La Quinta Inns”
Reviewed 24 July 2013

La Quintas are what we always hope to find when we travel.
They welcome our pet at no additional cost and the accomodations are never down graded for that reason to a 'pet only' room.
This chain is most generally the best bang for the buck.

Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

Ali K, General Manager at Quality Inn & Suites, responded to this review, 15 August 2013
Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us. I am glad to hear you enjoyed our hotel. We hope to see you again in the future.

Ali Krupp

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (44)
Reviewed 22 July 2013

I travel for work frequently and when in Coeur d'Alene the Appleway LQ is my 'go to' hotel. It has been so for work and family trips to the area since 2005. Always my first choice followed by the La Quinta on Sherman. I get very competitive rates with the Gold Card membership. Even without that, the rates are good for the room and season. I have never had an issue with room cleanliness or servicing. Nor have I had issue with staff. Rooms are standard issue hotel rooms, but I think the sound through from other rooms is negligible to minimal.
I give a rate of 4/5 simply because a 5/5 is pretty spectral. This is a very good hotel nonetheless and I have no issue suggesting it. I would also like to note that the negative ratings and comments for this hotel through TripAdvisor.com and other sites are few and inconsistent with any significant problems. They tend to be individual preferences and not really any institutional problem. I also would like to point out that I am not a ringer for the hotel, it is just my experience with staying there.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

Ali K, General Manager at Quality Inn & Suites, responded to this review, 24 July 2013
Dear Guest,
We really appreciate you taking the time to review our hotel and your experiences with us. We are so honored to be your first choice and hope that we can continue to deliver. Next time you're here, you'll have to pop by the desk and let us know who is behind the kind review.

Reviewed 20 July 2013

Staff was friendly and helpful. Room was large, clean, and comfortable. The room just needed a few minor upgrades. The fridge kept freezing up, the jacuzzi had low jet pressure, and the lighting was a little inadequate for the size of the room. You could call it romantic I guess, but it's nice to have the option of brightness for things like packing and trip planning.
I emphasize these were minor issues though, everything else was great, including the location.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear Guest,
Thanks for taking the time to write a review of your stay with us, we really appreciate it. I am glad to hear your overall stay was enjoyable. I will deftinitely have maintenance take a look at the fridges and jets in the suites to ensure they are working properly. We appreciate the feedback and look forward to seeing you again in the future.

Seattle, Washington
Reviewed 17 July 2013

We book with La Quinta for an overnight stay to meet up with family and go to Silverwood. I walked in the door to a very new employee (which did fine, she was a trooper). The person training her was something else (almost acting strung out on something). First thing they said is the pool is down, (this wasn't mentioned upon booking which I called them directly.) They did offer me discount even a couple free tickets to some other place. But really?? We had 4 little girls with us and not much time. Then the TV didn't work, reported that about 2 they stated they would take care of it. We got back to the room about 8 still no TV. So we called the front desk who knew nothing about it, luckily with their help over the phone we got the TV working. Then since we had a suite the 4 little ones wanted to sit in the Jacuzzi
and guess what it didn't work either!The next morning...breakfast, canned fruit cocktail, tables were dirty and we had to ask to have things filled since no one (the wacked out gal from our check in) wasn't monitoring anything. Clearly she likes the Male guests.
Would I stay again?? FORGET IT! I spent $300 for two rooms for 1 night.

Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

Ali K, General Manager at Quality Inn & Suites, responded to this review, 18 July 2013
Dear Guest,
I am truly sorry to hear your recent stay with us what not what you had expected. I will certainly address the manner in which the staff handles themselves. On occassion, things can get a little hectic, but they should know how to better handle these situations. We do our best to inform guests over the phone when reserving, and also send out emails to our guests letting them know of the renovation prior to arrival. We have set up discounts to the community center 1 mile away due to the inconvenience. I am not sure what room you were in, but we have not had any issues with the jacuzzi tubs recently.
Breakfast should have been well stocked and tables at the ready. We provide fresh apples and oranges as well as fruit cocktail, yogurt, pancakes, waffles, hard boiled eggs and more. I apologize if these did not meet your needs.
This is not the norm of our hotel and I would hope that you would consider our hotel in the future so we can show you a better stay next time.

Boise, Idaho
Reviewed 10 July 2013

We booked this hotel after staying at Shilo Inn just down the street two weeks earlier. I chose this hotel for it's three star rating over the two star rating at Shilo. I would rate this hotel as a two star as well. The beds are comfortable and room semi clean. The room had a slight odor of smoke. The biggest problem that we had is that the door to the restroom would not shut tight for privacy. Room was ok, but I will look elsewhere next time.

Room Tip: Avoid room 110 unless they get the bathroom door repaired.
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
Ali K, General Manager at Quality Inn & Suites, responded to this review, 15 July 2013
Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your recent stay with us. I will be sure that maintenance checks out that bathroom door as soon as possible. I will also speak with housekeeping regarding the cleanliness/ odor of the room. All our rooms have just had brand new carpet installed, new paint, brand new linens, pillows. I am quite surprised to hear about the odor, but will make sure we address it immediately. I do hope that you would consider our hotel again in the future so we can show you a better stay.

Calgary
Reviewed 9 July 2013

Never never stay at this hotel. I booked a room with 2 queen beds through priceline.com because 2 queen beds are essential for a good night sleep for my family - 2 adults and 2 kids. When we arrived late I was shocked to hear that I can only get a room with 1 bed. I brought the confirmation email with 2 queen beds clearly listed but she didn't even have any attention to look at the email. Clearly she knew that I have booked a room with 2 beds but because I booked through third party website and they oversold the rooms for that night, therefore my booking was kicked downsized to 1 bed room. CARELESS, no apologies (because I paid through priceline.com already).....I ended up stay because late night I didn't think I could find another hotel around......the room is small, smelly, towers are not clean. No apologies and sympothies at all the next day from the manager when I check out. I would never recommend this hotel for anybody else. If a hotel would mess up your booking on purpose what else would you expect?

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Wei W
Ali K, General Manager at Quality Inn & Suites, responded to this review, 10 July 2013
Dear Guest,
I have looked into your reservation for you recent stay with us, and do see that the reservation was booked as a single queen non smoking. I do apologize if priceline sent the confirmation as a two queen; occassionally there is error between their system and ours. We work very hard to do our best to ensure all our guests are accommodated and we meet your needs. Due to the special event weekend, we were full, as were most the area hotels. I know that the staff did their best in offering rollaway beds and the like.
We have brand new linens throughout the hotel and have a thorough cleaning process. If you have any issues with linens or your room, please let us know. We want your stay to be as enjoyable as possible, and will do whatever we can to make it right. The front office manager did apologize for the issue and inconvenience at check out. We have no control over what you've paid to priceline, however you were given discount coupons at check out.
Again, we do apologize. We never plan on inconveniencing our guests, and do everything within our power to make it right. We do recommend booking directly through the hotel to ensure you get exactly what you request. I do hope you will give our hotel another try in the future so we can show you a better stay.

Reviewed 5 July 2013

The hotel was clean and quiet and the hotel staff was friendly. We had an issue with our bathroom door but it was corrected almost immediately. We found that the food was good. During our stay the pool was being renovated, however we were offered passes to a nearby recreation centre to make up for the lack of amenities. This hotel is a good value for your money.

1 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Ali K, General Manager at Quality Inn & Suites, responded to this review, 8 July 2013
Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us. We do apologize about the bathroom door issue, and are glad that we were able to take care of it in a timely manner. I am glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us, and we look forward to seeing you in the future!