“great service”

Quality Inn & Suites
Ranked #9 of 22 Hotels in Coeur d'Alene

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (41)
Lewiston, Idaho, United States
Reviewed 4 November 2013

I gasped when I saw school buses in the parking lot and coaches names of the guest doors because I assumed I'd be awake most of the night hearing high school students running up and down the hallways. But I slept well because the Inn was very quiet all night long. We opened the window the second night and again had a great night's sleep. The beds were comfortable and I never heard water running from other guest's rooms. The staff welcomed us and answered all our questions. We appreciated the senior rate, breakfast, and large parking lot.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank Theresa W
Mesa, Arizona
Reviewed 24 October 2013

The Inn is located just off the freeway 45 minutes from Spokane airport. We had a King Suite with a mini kitchen that was very nice. The staff were all very pleasant and helpful. It's quiet and easy to get everywhere. Although the Inn has breakfast items you can walk south across the street to Michaels. It's very nice with a great menu. The fruit bowl is well worth the extra $. I would also suggest a drive to the Garnet Cafe a few minutes away. It's a small good spot for breakfast. Coeur d'alene isn't as spread out as it seems on a map. From the Inn to the other end of Sherman Ave takes only a few minutes. One way streets going north and south make it a breeze to get around. Go to the visitors center at the west end of Sherman Ave and get a Visitors street map. Parking in this area is hard to find at times. There's reasonable fee parking at the beach at the west end of Sherman Ave if you can't find something curbside.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank BradnJenny
Columbia City IN
Reviewed 14 September 2013

This hotel was a typical La Quinta except there was no elevator. We were on the top floor, so we had to carry our luggage up the stairs. (We are in our mid 60's and while walking stairs aren't an issue, carrying heavy suitcases is). They didn't mention this when we booked the room. THe room had a musty smell (which the febreeze I carry helped to cover up). The bed was comfortable, the room was clean, the tv was great (direct tv). They had a very clean guest laundry which was reasonable to use. Lots of restaurants nearby (a pizza hut next door). A huge mall within 2 miles. The girl at the front desk at check in didn't seem to know exactly what she was doing.

Room Tip: Ask for one on the 2nd floor (that is where the front desk it). That way you won't have to wal...
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
Ali K, General Manager at Quality Inn & Suites, responded to this review, 16 September 2013
Dear Debbie,
Thank you for your review of your recent stay with us. We do not have an elevator, but do our best to hold rooms on the main level for those with special needs, excess luggage, small children, etc. I am sorry that we were not able to accommodate you on the main level, but you certainly can always request it when booking. I will speak with the staff and be sure they are offering to assist guests with luggage. They are usually quick to offer and assist; I apologize that this was not the case. I am glad to hear that overall your stay was enjoyable. We do hope you would return to our hotel again in the future.

Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
Reviewed 13 September 2013

Most expensive La Quinta I have stayed in. If I knew it was going to be so much I would have stayed at Holiday express which was less. And better service. Check in took a long time. I mentioned both my AAA for discount and my La Quinta 20% discount. Only reason I stayed as it helped make the costs more reasonable. They did not show up on my checkout bill and the desk clerk was so snarly as I was asking if they could I get something edible into the breakfast room. They had hot waffles, can fruit salad full of sugar, etc etc. High fat and sugar content. Nothing healthy except last years apples which were inedible. And some cold boiled eggs. The only people in the breakfast room all were all above 300 pounds.Never did get the discounts. I even wrote management. Best to stay in La Quinta in Spokane Valley, not far, real food, better prices and nicer people.

Room Tip: don't bother
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled on business
Dear Guest,
I apologize that your recent stay with us was not what you expected. Coeur d'Alene is a resort location especially in summer. Our rates are lower than Holiday Inn's, Best Western, Hampton, etc because we do not offer some of the full service amenities that they offer. However, during the busy season, most hotel rates do fluctuate.
I apologize if check in may have taken a bit longer, occassionally we do get quite busy, but work as quickly as possible. As for your discount, I cannot speak on that without looking at your reservation. If you would like, please contact me via email or phone in order to discuss the matter.
We are not a full service hotel, but do offer extended options outside of the La Quinta requriements for breakfast. We do have waffles, pancakes, oatmeal with multiple toppings, fruit, yogurts, cereal, hard boiled eggs, etc. I am sorry if we were unable to meet your needs.
Please do contact me in order to see if we can resolve the issue. We would love another chance to make it right.

208-765-5500
lq0464gm@laquinta.com
Vancouver B.C
Reviewed 12 September 2013

Updated hotel. Near I90 with easy access. The bed are so comfortable and rooms are clean and nicely decorated. Bathrooms are small but fine. Fridges in the room and AC. Free Wifi in the room is good but you have to log on often and watch ads to access it. Free hot breakfast include, many choices. Quiet rooms with little freeway noise, I would stay here again.

• Stayed September 2013
1 Thank WNickel
Dear Guest,
I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed your recent stay and would visit us again when in Coeur d'Alene. We have done quite a bit of updating and are always striving to improve. We look forward to continuing that, and providing a clean, comfortable stay for you again.