After several days in a Spokane Suites Hotel (Oxford) we decided as a family to spend a night in Coeur d'Alene Idaho. Well this was one part of our trip that we hadn't planned out. So we arrived at the Idaho state line and checked out hotels at the info centre. They had a board that showed a bunch of hotels etc. with direct phone lines to each. Based on the pictures and descriptions we chose LaQuinta. Now, We've never stayed at a LaQuinta but I had my reservations based on many reviews from many different locations - seems like LaQuinta is never very highly rated. The pricing was higher than what we had experienced in the excellent accomodations of the Oxford in Spokane but we went ahead anyways. The room was a double queen for $139 per night and with my BCAA discount was $124. The room was plain, the kitchenette was very outdated...but I have to give them credit for working hard to keep the place clean. The views from all around the motel were bad, highway on one side, industrial area on the other and older unkept homes in the back. The breakfast area wasn't adequate, way too small, but again they did their best with the limited space and selection of foodstuffs. Hardboiled eggs, two choices of cereal, etc. The staff was very nice. I would say the pricing was a high for what you got, I'm sure I probably would have done better booking online. Nowhere near great and not as low as bad....very very average. Nothing fancy, very plain in every way.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Quality Inn & Suites Coeur d'Alene hotel is your first choice when looking for accommodations while traveling for business or leisure. Quality Inn & Suites Coeur d'Alene Appleway hotel is located just minutes from Coeur d'Alene lake and boardwalk, downtown boutiques, art galleries and many fine restaurants. Kootenai Medical Center is only two blocks away, as well as other medical offices. You will find several public golf courses all within minutes of Quatlity Inn & Suites Coeur d'Alene hotel. Silverwood Theme Park, the largest theme park in the northwest, is a twenty minute drive. Each winter, the city of Coeur d'Alene hosts one of the region's largest Holiday Light Shows as well as the Ironman Triathlon held each spring. North Idaho College and satellite campuses for The University of Idaho and Idaho Lewis-Clark State College are within close proximity to our hotel. Guests will enjoy our Free Bright Side BreakfastTM featuring fresh waffles each morning, 24 hour indoor pool and hot tub, fitness center, laundry facilities and a business center. The Quality Inn & Suites Coeur d'Alene Appleway is a pet friendly hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Choice Hotels, Expedia, Hotels.com and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Quality Inn & Suites reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- La Quinta Inn Coeur d`Alene Appleway Hotel Coeur d`Alene
- La Quinta Coeur D'alene
- Coeur D'alene La Quinta
- Quality Inn & Suites Idaho