“A top-notch experience overall!”

Days Inn Coeur d'Alene
Ranked #7 of 22 Hotels in Coeur d'Alene
Reviewed 26 October 2010

We came into Coeur D'Alene with no reservation and made a few calls. Days Inn was located conveniently and the price was certainly right. They had the kind of room we wanted, and we told them we'd be doing laundry, so the front desk clerk (who was absolutely charming and professional) gave us a closeby room. The hotel was clean, modern, and very accommodating. All staff went out of their way to make our visit memorable. I would strongly recommend them. They were much nicer, cleaner, and had a better breakfast than other places along the way that we paid twice as much for.

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled with friends
2  Thank ChristineSmith586
ElizabethJobe, Manager at Days Inn Coeur d'Alene, responded to this reviewResponded 28 October 2010

Thank you for your kind words. I am so happy that you enjoyed your experience with us and we all look forward to seeing you again!

Elizabeth Jobe

Reviewed 8 September 2010

My band Filligar stayed here on tour. We don't normally write travel reviews but I'm compelled to say that this hotel is one of a kind. Liz and the rest of the staff put a lot of love into the place. We stayed in the spacious, comfortable apartment. If you're thinking of staying with a group of 5-7 people in Coeur d'Alene look nowhere else. Teddy from Filligar

• Stayed: August 2010
Reviewed 30 July 2010

This was a very good lodging for a Days Inn which sometimes are less than stellar. The room was very clean and generally comfortable. My one complaint was that there was really no place provided for the laptop except the night stand between the beds. This was certainly less than convenient. Also, this was a nonsmoking hotel, and we definitely could smell a stale smoke smell when we walked into the room. In addition, the bathroom exhaust fan had been left on as if to air the room out. We reported this to the front desk immediately and again the next morning as we did not want to be charged for smoking in a room when neither of us smoke. They made note of our comments, and we had no problems about it. The hotel is quite pricey for a Days Inn, but then everything in this resort town is expensive. We would definitely stay there again if in the area.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 27 July 2010

My wife and I recently hosted a family reunion in Coeur d Alene. It was the second time hosting; the first time was 16 years ago. The Days Inn was the hotel chosen to house our guests the first time around and we decided to take a look at it for the second reunion. I toured the rooms and worked with the Days Inn staff, particularly Liz. We were given a group rate and Liz was in touch with me periodically all the way to the reunion date. I could not be more pleased with the attention given to our family and willingness by the staff to make everyone feel at "home." I would recommend this hotel to anyone wanting to book a group of rooms.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled with family
2  Thank ChrisIdaho
Reviewed 24 July 2010

I booked this hotel because I wanted to be fairly close to the lake without paying the high prices that other hotels charged. I was pleasantly surprised by my room. It was spacious, very clean and quite comfortable. The wi-fi was excellent. The location was perfect - in a small business park close to downtown and the lake. I'd stay here again.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled solo
1  Thank trishlh
Reviewed 18 July 2010

We stayed here recently out of a last minute booking to catch the 4th of July fireworks over Lake Coeur d'Alene.
The lake and the area is so beautiful. However, you get what you pay for. The hotel is clean and the staff are very nice and friendly. The room however was terrible. It is clean, but in serious need of remodeling. Our room smelt so bad of mildew and mold it was almost unbearable. The TV had such a bad picture you could hardly tell what you were watching. The A/C was so loud you could hardly sleep (typical with the wall unit types in this price range). It just seemed 1970's decorated and I don't think it had the carpet replaced since then. Would stay somewhere else if at all possible.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 22 June 2010

This Days Inn seems to be one notch higher than a lot of the others I've stayed in. My room had a king bed with a sofa bed, work desk, armoire, and fridge. It also had a coffee maker and clock radio, but no microwave. The room was quite nice and comfortable, and it was quiet because it backed onto the medical centre next door. The bathroom was a good size with better quality towels. The A/C worked well. The breakfast was the usual cereal, waffles, toast and tiny muffins, but there were plenty of tables in the large breakfast room. The staff was very responsive to any requests. I'd definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled solo