“Dirty Used Bed!”

Ranked #15 of 22 Hotels in Coeur d'Alene
Washington
“Dirty Used Bed!”
Reviewed 12 August 2014

I have to start by saying I have never had a used bed even in the most run down Place, until now.

Check in was easy , We went up to our room and the bed looked slept in! I pulled back the sheet and found hair! Pulled back the quilt and found brown smear on blanket! It was horrifying and disgusting!
I went down to the front desk and told them they asked if I wanted another room, I asked if it would also have a dirty bed, they said they would come straight up and change our bedding, which they did.
The room looked clean but the pattern of the carpet hid all the hair once you looked for it(which after the bed incident I could not help it) there was pet hair and hair all over the room ,in the sink in the bathroom, I truly believe that they do not clean the rooms between guests.

We did like the pool and the breakfast was really good and had many items.
If you choose to book this hotel double check your bed, if the bed had not been used we would have thought this place was okay ,but really a filthy bed is unforgivable and I would not recommend this hotel to anyone.

Room Tip: choose 1st floor as the elevator is slow and creaks
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank simpleyme

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 11 August 2014

Worst hotel experience ever! Woke up with big, red, nasty bed bugs in my bed. Disgusting! What made it worse was that management didn't seem to care. Even when presented with a specimen of the actual bug they still denied having bed bugs and refused address the problem. I fear that they are still renting the room. I saw 5 bugs with my own eyes, so there are probably 10 times that living in the room.

Obviously hygiene isn't apriority at Comfort Inn in Coeur d'Alene. DON'T STAY HERE!

Room Tip: If you must stay here don't stay in room 220!!!
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
5 Thank Stig P

Travellers are raving about these Coeur d'Alene hotels

Kalispell, Montana
Reviewed 9 August 2014

We stayed in room 220, the beds were filled with bed bugs! My husband got over 200 bites! We left at 2am, and went to the Dr. We didn't end up even going to silverwood due to the bites. This Hotel ruined our family trip!

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
7 Thank Jamey B
Seattle
Reviewed 3 August 2014

I thought when I booked I was within walking distance to the lake. Motel has a distinct odor. It is what I would expect from Motel 6. Would never stay again! I was disappointed in the entire town. My expectations were small quaint resort town. NOT!

• Stayed July 2014
1 Thank Martin B
kelowna canada
Reviewed 2 August 2014

This is the perfect downtown location on 4th st. There is no in room coffee maker but who cares. The manager and family are extremely helpful and friendly !!!!! Our room was clean and the pool is always cleaned every day. Breaky is waffle maker ,fruit ,yogurt.toast,eggs and sausage.Coffee is avail always. Great Chinese express just up the street ,Golden corral and Texas roadhouse are good too. I will definitely stay here every time I come to Coeur D'Alene. Also discount tix to Silverwood theme park at the hotel. :)

Room Tip: doors are a bit noisy so bring ear plugs if you are a light sleeper, otherwise great.We always stay...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank whiskybandit
Canada
Reviewed 30 July 2014 via mobile

We stayed here a month ago and it wasn't too bad, BUT we decided to stay for a couple nights again in July. Big mistake! Noisy people above all night long, but hotel staff wouldn't do anything about it. The fridge didn't work, the windows to outside we're filthy. No coffee in the room, and breakfast was terrible. No jelly. No jam. No peanut butter. No muffins or bagels. The only fruit was 3 over ripe bananas and waxed apples. For the price there are much better hotels around. I think this is the last Comfort Inn for us.

Stayed July 2014
2 Thank sunriser1
Versailles, Kentucky
Reviewed 26 July 2014 via mobile

This Comfort Inn does not meet the minimum standards expected from the chain. The facility is not being maintained and the interior looks cheap and feels grimy. Even before unpacking we inspected the mattresses which we found to be sub-standard and where we found blood on the edges. We made a reservation in advance from the road and could not inspect the room but felt OK with the choice because of the chain's uniform standards. Because we made a reservation the management would not refund our money, even though we were there only 15 minutes. We frequent this chain when we travel because we know what to expect and have never had problems before. Stay away from this place and go 20 miles toward Spokane to the Quality Inn which is 10 times nicer and less expensive. The only thing that says Comfort Inn about this dump is the name on the sign.

Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple