We stayed here for five nights with our two children. We were in room 236 in the west wing. We booked through a third party, and got a very fair rate. I will try to keep in mind what I paid ( much less than surrounding hotels) as I review the Shilo Inn.
Positives- absolutely huge room, good location, fair price.
Negatives- As others have noted, the hallway carpet had more waves in it than the lake. Such an easy thing to fix with a re stretch, but for some reason it remains neglected.
The landscaping is at best a mess.
The room cleanliness was average at best. I had to move a chair, and it looked like it had not been vacuumed behind since the last world war. I also moved the night table to get to a plug in, same story.
The television was also from the last world war, seriously tube televisions???? Did they not quit selling those decades ago?
It was almost impossible to get back in the hotel with the key scanners not working. Many times myself and others would have to wait until someone happened to walk by to let us in.
My daughter got cuts on both of her big toes from the pool floor. Not sure exactly what happened there, oddly enough our friends were staying at the hotel and one of their children also emerged from the pool with a cut toe. The front desk did not seem to care.
I left frustrated because it would really take so little to greatly improve this place. Attention to detail seems to be lacking. I did not expect a shiny new room, because the rates did not reflect that. By the end of my stay, I had a mental list of several little things that could be done to greatly improve this property. I might stay here again, but I would be sure to check out all my other options first. as the title says, could be better, could be worse.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Set in the premiere, year-round resort area of Northern Idaho is the Shilo Inn Suites- Coeur d'Alene. With 139 spacious suites, it's the ideal place to stay for business travelers or vacationing families. The hotel is convenient to local attractions, the Convention Center and is easy to find, located at Exit 12 off Interstate 90. Children 17 and under always stay free with an adult. Dogs welcome with nominal fee. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, HotelsClick, Ebookers, Cancelon, getaroom.com and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Shilo Inn Suites - Coeur d'Alene reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Shilo Inn Coeur d`Alene Hotel Coeur d`Alene
- Shilo Inn Suites - Coeur D'Alene Idaho