“Don't camp near the creek!”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Coeur d'Alene
Wolf Lodge RV Campground
Spokane, Washington
“Don't camp near the creek!”
Reviewed 15 July 2013

We stayed at the Wold Lodge Campground for a couple of nights in a tent and had a tent site near the creek. I can confirm what some of the other reviewers said - it is unbearably noisy there, because I 90 really runs right next to the campground's creek. It was quite astonishing to me that there is that much truck traffic all night long on this highway. Some of the sites farther away from the creek might be ok, but after sleeping maybe 3-4 hours per night during my stay, I won't risk it again. Other than that it would be a decent campground, shady, grassy tent sites, well maintained. nice area for playing for kids and close to hiking and other outdoor activities (like the Trail of the Coeur d'Alenes for biking). The facilities were ok, reasonably clean, but crowded at peak times in the morning and evening, the campground could definitely need some more toilets and showers.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank soccermom415

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Alberta, Canada
Reviewed 14 July 2013

We are a family of 4 (kids 7 and 9) camping in a tent. Stayed 2 nights as we took the kids to Silverwood.

The good:
- the lady checking us in was very friendly - the few interactions we had with staff were all very good.
- The campsite itself is beautiful - nicely landscaped, grass sites, well treed, 2 great playgrounds for kids.
- The washroom was very, very clean.

The bad:
- Check in took about 20 minutes, which is too long when you have hungry kids who have been stuck in a vehicle for the past 6 hours.
- I went to shower the first morning we were there, but it was cut very short when the water barely trickled out of the shower head, making hair washing completely impossible.
- I always take a trip to the loo in the middle of the night. Imagine my surprise when I trekked across the campground at 2am only to find the washrooms barricaded with 'closed for maintenance' signs put up. I had to trek back across the campground, well past our site, and use the port-a-potty. I was not thrilled about this. At all.

The noisy:
- As everyone else has mentioned, the campground is situated parallel to the interstate. It was crazy loud. We didn't have any trouble sleeping in our tent, as we were exhausted from our outings, but you couldn't have a conversation if you were more than about 8 feet apart. Unfortunately, I am not exaggerating.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank MrsMor

Travellers are raving about these Coeur d'Alene hotels

SeaTac, Washington
Reviewed 3 July 2013

This campground had many amenities, lush grass, clean bathrooms and showers, reasonable rates BUT... IT WAS RIGHT NEXT TO THE HIGHWAY!!! I actually slept with earplugs in. I-90 was right on the other side of the road that led into the campground.

Pasco, Washington
Reviewed 26 June 2013

I am really not sure what to think about the past reviews. Wolf Lodge Campground was great for our family. We stayed for a Family reunion and there were no complaints from anyone in our family. Yes the campground is on Frontage Rd which is next to I-90 so anyone who stays should expect that there will be road noise. However, the bathrooms are very clean, cleaned twice per day that we witnesses while staying and there are 2 sets of facilities. 1 Private shower and bathroom located near the group pavilion area, and then a mens, womens shower and bathroom combo in the same building as the laundry. There are 2 showers in the both bathrooms and the best part is you don't have to use quarters to start your shower or be limited to hot water. As for the lady who paid $10 to dry her laundry, my question for her was how big was her load? Because it costs $2 PER LOAD. Of course if you stuff it full it may take more than $2 however this was clearly not the case for us. We threw in 10 of our towels in the dryer and the $2 dried them fine. The creek runs outside the campground, and all the kids loved playing in it. It is shallow and wide enough to allow canoes to be paddled through. The campground even rents canoes out for $7 per hour and provides life jackets and oars. There are little lowrider 3 wheel bikes that can be rented for the kids to enjoy also. The staff is very welcoming, and a great source for general information. The owners actually live in their 5th wheel right next to the office, and if there was ever any noise after 10pm campers will be warned. I know this because our family had quite a few run ins with the management after 10pm to quite down. The best part about staying here was the free coffee provided in the mornings. Also, the staff was very friendly and will go out of their way to make your camping experience more enjoyable. Amanda and Sam were the most help throughout our stay. If we needed anything we would ask Amanda and if she couldn't leave the office she referred us to Sam and they both were very helpful. We will stay again this summer and in the future summers as well. I think the negative reviewers may have set their expectations a little too high for a campground after all. Our tent site was $24.84 per night and other members of our family had additional $3-12 dollars per night due to the amount of people they had on their tent site. Very reasonable prices for tent camping in my opinion. If I have to say anything unfortunate it would be the location. 5 minutes from downtown Coeur D alene, and an 8 mile drive. Oh and its mosquito season so bring bugscreen if you plan on staying there. We got quite a few bug bites during our stay which is our fault for not bringing bugscreen. The campground store did have some available for purchase as well as some other well needed supplies. Overall a wonderful and very enjoyable experience.

Room Tip: Camp sites near the creek have more road noise then the sites that are near the group area. And its...
1 Thank 403Linda_J
Portland, Oregon
Reviewed 24 June 2013

Everything about this place is bad; campground, location, laundry, etc. Camp hosts were nice however they do not impose quiet hours. There was a group of loud campers who were hooting and hollering until 12AM along with their children. Campground is so small that you could hear everything from anywhere. It is also right next to a highway...loud. Laundry is horrible, took $10 to dry a load of clothes. Wish I saved all laundry and waited for Blackwell as their laundry room was amazing. Don't waste your time or money staying here, go to Blackwell as it is close to town and is not much more money.

Room Tip: No pool or swimming and there is no boat rentals unless you want to go in a creek...very shallow cre...
2 Thank Valleygirl1_11
Fall City, Washington
Reviewed 14 August 2012

This is the worst camp ground i have ever been to.
First the Internet did not work as promised.
Second the campers were noisy and drunk even after quiet time
Third shower went from cold to hot with out warning.
Fourth campfire smoke was disscusting
Fith I-90 traffic is unbearable, there is no way you can sleep
With semi trucks going by all night.
I left after only being there 4 hours,
Absolutly the worst experience of the year
I would camp in a rest stop before ever comming back to that dump.
And this experience cost me $24.58 for 4 hours in a tent

Room Tip: Stay away or you will be sorry
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled solo
3 Thank Greg B
Inland Northwest
Reviewed 6 August 2012

The good: The hosts were very friendly on check-in. The trailer site we were assigned was grassy and it was fairly easy to level the trailer. I also had tent site directly across from the trailer site. Nice and level with good space for my tent.

Now for the parts I didn't care for. We were arriving after 8:00 pm so I called at 6:00 pm to double check they had my reservation for one trailer site and one tent site across from the trailer site and they'd be available when we got there. The woman I talked with was confused and befuddled and could not find my reservation. It didn't give me much confidence. When we arrived, they had located the reservation, but check-in took an incredible 20 minutes (frustrating at 8:15 in the evening after a longish drive), despite there being three people in the office. The gentleman who was checking me in stopped several times to take money from kids buying candy or ice cream.

The camping fee includes two people per site. Extras are $3.00. I was there with my daughter and 3 of her friends to take them to the Silverwood Amusement Park on Saturday, so total of 5 people. I took a tent site and let the girls use the trailer. By rights, I should have had to pay for 1 extra person, since we had a total of 5 spread over two sites, but they charged for 2 extras, since the girls were using the trailer. The bathroom facilities are totally inadequate for a CG of this size. I can't speak to the women's bathroom. The men's room had only one toilet stall, one urinal and two showers. No toilet paper in the men's room toilet at 9:00 am Saturday. Two Honey Buckets at the west end of the campground were not very clean and smelled like they needed to be serviced. I got a good WiFi signal sitting outside the office, not at my site. Finally, the CG is quite noisy. It is on the Frontage Road, that being a road running parallel to I-90. There is much traffic noise from trucks, cars and motorcycles: bring ear plugs. Also, many seem to use this campground as one-night stopover. Friday night we had people pulling in and setting up tents right next to us at 11:00 pm. I won't stay there again.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
5 Thank Alan_Smithee69
Also consider these accommodations in or near Coeur d'Alene
Hampton Inn & Suites Coeur d'Alene
SpringHill Suites Coeur d'Alene
#1 of 22 in Coeur d'Alene
FairBridge Inn & Suites Kellogg
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites - Coeur D'Alene

Been to Wolf Lodge RV Campground? Share your experiences!