“mountain surrounded hotspring oasis..in the snow!”

Gold Fork Hot Springs
Ranked #1 of 4 things to do in Donnelly
Nampa, Idaho
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“mountain surrounded hotspring oasis..in the snow!”
Reviewed 16 January 2014 via mobile

I've been taking my family here for years now. Great place for the kids and adults alike. Price is decent @ 8 bucks an adult and 6 per child. You can bring your own food and drinks which is great. The place is beautiful and surrounded by pine covered mountains and very clean. I highly recommend a visit this is a great place to relax and take in the awesome idaho back country.

Visited January 2014
1 Thank rockcrawler88

Boise, Idaho
“WONDERFUL GOLD FORK HOT SPRINGS”
Reviewed 15 January 2014

My husband and I experienced the Hot Springs on a Monday. There was snow all around but the 6 mile drive was plowed the whole way, so it was no problem even in a car. We had the springs to ourselves and we loved it. Yes the dressing rooms are only closed with a curtain, no big deal, lockers were free and the office/changing rooms were toasty warm. Yes the restrooms are port-a- potties, again not a big deal.The pools were beautiful and a perfect temperature for anyone. We thought the $8.00 a person fee was very reasonable and the customer service was great! We will be back again!

Visited January 2014
Bremerton, Washington
14 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 25 helpful votes
“Hot Springs Vacationing around Idaho State's West Central Mountains, Gold Fork Hot Springs”
Reviewed 18 December 2013

Read on-line website "Operating Hours/Days CAREFULLY" before venturing out on a long road trip to Idaho State's West Central Mountains Area and Gold Fork Hot Springs!!

Some friends & I went to Gold Fork Hot Springs on Tuesday, 12-17-2013
near McCall (SR-55) & Donnelly, Idaho and found out it is "closed on Tuesdays" - dang - failed to CAREFULLY CHECK WEBSITE Operating Days/Hours or even the fine print in the roadside sign, just assumed it would be open & left on a "day adventure", oh well, beautiful sunny day, some snow on the ground - had a great scenic drive....... Gold Fork Hot Springs has cascading pools from hot to almost cool at the bottom, it's a neat thermal pool & scenic area. We had been to Gold Fork Hot Springs last year (FEB 2012) and really enjoyed it.... The road to Gold Fork Hot Springs was snow covered, but acceptable for travel for our visit in DEC 2013. The last section of the road to Gold Fork Hot Springs is not maintained (much, if at all) - no snow plowing in winter, there can be deep mud ruts in the spring or warm wet/rainy days (it's possible to get stuck), so be careful driving!

Decided to drive beautiful/scenic, but windy SR-55 & tour McCall, Idaho next to Payette Lake with some interesting shops and buildings (check-out "Google images of McCall" on-line) from the late 1890's, early 1900's then went up the road a bit on the recommendation of a local citizen to "Zims Hot Springs" in New Meadows, ID
for a dip in their hot pool (they are closed Mondays, so we lucked out there!). Zims is open year-round (except Mondays), natural hot springs surface 90 to 95 degrees, depending on weather. One of the pools is Olympic size and kept at a cool 93 degrees and the other soaking pool is a muscle-relaxing 104 degrees. Zim's natural hot springs pools could perhaps use a bit more maintenance, the cement pools look like they need a fresh coat of a good quality water proof paint. Zim's hot pools had some floating green algae, indicating possible filter failure (or no maintenance). Zim's entrance fee for Seniors (60+) is/was $6 and $7 for others.

Visited December 2013
1 Thank DonaldLarson
Boise, Idaho
25 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 20 helpful votes
“Could be great but service is the pits...”
Reviewed 14 October 2013

This is the 5th or 6th time we have been to the hot springs and this last trip was the straw that broke my back. We went with several people it was a family reunion and there were 4 moms that did not want to get in... new born babies and just not wanting to swim. They were not really friendly and were actually rude in the fact we asked for a discount for the non swimmers. We paid $240 for the couple of hours of swimming on a day that it was not very full. I have rented whole pools for that. Like I said they have never been really friendly but this time it went further. I will not be giving them any of my money in the future. There are other choices that really like to make you feel good taking a big group or just a family. It really is a shame the location is very beautiful and could be a dream place to visit.

Visited October 2013
3 Thank 109JohnD
New Meadows, Idaho
17 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 31 helpful votes
“AMAZING Hot Springs, one of a kind”
Reviewed 9 October 2013

Gold Fork Hot Springs is a very unique place. Some of these reviews complain about the 6 miles of dirt road to get out there, but I personally enjoy the nice drive through the country and along the Gold Fork River. Nice scenery on the way out, and the location provides a soak in the trees...much better than being by the highway! I live 10 minutes from a commercial hot spring, and I literally pass it to drive the 75 minutes it takes me to get to Gold Fork. I usually soak for about 2 hours and it is worth the $8! Several pools to choose from, and they are very clean. They close 1 day a week to drain and scrub the pools. Nothing better than a soak on "fresh water Wednesday". The people here are friendly as well. The shared dressing room absolutely sucks, but I can get over it :)

Visited October 2013