“Reopened and really nice”
Review of Morels - CLOSED

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Morels
Cuisines: American
Reviewed 5 July 2013

We had lunch here today, sitting outside. Ahi poke was excellent. Very tasty tuna, great mango flavors and more. Wife had the salmon melt sandwich, which was good, as was my veggie Thai Wrap. Beautiful view. Best of all: Bacon Bloody Mary's. Oh yeah! Spicy and wonderful. Restaurant is being run by a local catering firm. Nice people. Great views of the golf course, lake and mountains. A lovely lunch.

2  Thank LweinsTheDalles_OR

Reviewed 2 August 2012

Unlike the person below me

Me and my husband went here, I had the halibut and he had the filet, both dishes were cooked to perfection the rice with halibut was just great!!!

As for deserts

We had the huckleberry dumplings and there Carmel cheese cake

I would suggest this place to anyone so great!!!

1  Thank Pattersone
Reviewed 28 July 2012

Saturday Evening
We live at Tamarack Resort, and are always hopeful to have a nice “on site” option for dining.

The three of us ordered our meat rare. The two filets mignon were done perfectly. The salads had a nice variety of vegs and were very good (with bottled dressing). The accompanying baked potato had been reheated, but was OK. My burger was very delicious and juicy. The fries were hot and crispy.

Now for the Bad…
My expectations for Morels were not high. (see my previous 2 reviews from last year) I had twice left phone messages requesting their menu be emailed to me. Not only did they not send them, they never took the time to call me back. When I finally got someone on the phone, they simply said they were in no position to email the menus and read the limited selections to me.

We had the most unpleasant welcome of any restaurant. The manager/bartender did not even acknowledge our presence. We walked into the Morels dining room, to find it was dark, dusty and not in use. There were only 2 people at the bar, and another table of diners in the cocktail lounge. Two guys were seated outside on the deck in a covered area. ALL THE OTHER DECK TABLES AND CHAIRS WERE SOAKED BECAUSE IT WAS RAINING HEAVILY… We asked if we could sit in the “dining room” and rude lady said “no, we are not using that room”. I asked where we could sit, and she waved her arm to show the tall small tables (lounge tables, really not suitable for 3 “upscale” dinners). Finally they opened a small room called the library that would seat 4 – it was nice, but super warm with no A/C or open windows. It was already around 8pm so we did decide to stay.

The young waiter tried his best. He was surprised that the bottle of wine we ordered did not have a screw cap (!) and proceeded to make a mess of the cork and foil. JUST AS LAST YEAR, the red wine was served HOT. Upon tasting, my brother nearly spit it out. We immediately requested a very large bucket of ice to bring down the temp to 62 degrees. They don’t have a clue.

The Ugly
The menu price for the filets was $22. Our check said $25. The waiter told us they were changing the menu and adding more selections next week and the machine was already programmed with the new prices. AND, there is an additional 3% activity/resort fee added to every check! He did make the correction. I can’t give feedback on dessert, because the waiter never offered any. We found out later Morels didn’t have desserts, not even a cookie! Not ready for prime time!

2  Thank McCallFoodCritic
Reviewed 13 September 2011

Excellent food and ambiance! For a resort that is in the middle of foreclosure, this was a refreshing surprise! The chicken is amazing- moist, succulent, and flavorful! The sea bass was fresh and tasty (possibly could have been a touch over- cooked for the discerning fish fanatic) but still delicious! The calamari appetizer is crunchy with a lovely sauce. Desserts are yummy! Try the banana 's foster! A lovely fair priced red wine selection is the Boomtown!! Again- room for some improvement, as I know they are striving for excellence, but in the midst of what's going on with Tamarack Resort it's a wonderful restaurant! !

Reviewed 9 August 2011

After our last disappointing visit, I decided to try Morel's once again. We live at the Resort and would like to have a nearby restaurant we can count on - especially because the only other choices are at least 7 miles away (Buffalo Gal/ Vigilantes). I requested the red wine be chilled as soon as we ordered, and this time it was the right serving temperature. The filet mignon was prepared perfectly - medium rare - with a demi glaze sauce/ mashers with whole morels and asparagus. Delicious and good portion ($27). The roasted chicken was a small slice of breast ($16) - with mashers and a nice fruit chutney. I had to share my steak... Peanut butter cheese cake was good and nicely presented, and banana split was a hit = both around $6. Service was OK. I feel the higher priced items are too expensive for this establishment - they need to earn that privilege. All in all, we will probably dine here again. I'm anxious to give them a 2nd chance with the burger.