“Great place, perfect setup for my Teton hiking vacation”

Teton Valley Cabins
Ranked #2 of 7 Hotels in Driggs
Lisle
“Great place, perfect setup for my Teton hiking vacation”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 July 2013

I'll summarize the stay here in a few bullet points.

(1) The cabin I stayed in was immaculately clean. It smelled nice, it had a nice breeze through screens (which had no tears or holes), a fan set up, and a decor that screamed "cozy".

(2) It wasn't large. The shower was almost too small for one person, and the kitchenette area barely held any supplies.

(3) It was well-located, about 45 minutes from Jackson, and 20 minutes in several directions from fun hiking destinations. It's a minute outside Driggs, which is an unexpectedly nice little town, and about 10 minutes from Victor, which also was a town I wish I had more time to visit.

(4) It was far, far cheaper than almost every other lodging within 50 miles. Jackson's places to stay were routinely three times more expensive. This place, at least during the summer, is an absolute bargain.

(5) The hot tub is kinda neat.

(6) The staff was very accommodating to several scheduling changes, including a last-minute
decision to check out early (due to hiking injury, not any problem with the place).

(7) Beds were a little firm for my liking. Some people like that, I don't, so it made it a bit harder to sleep.

I'd stay here again if I want to hike the Tetons again without hesitation. I'd also try to bring my bike next time, the bike lanes are plentiful and well-located.

Room Tip: If you have a dog like me, make sure to get a reservation early, since I think they only have a limi...
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
6 Thank Ronald O
katiecisco, General Manager at Teton Valley Cabins, responded to this review, 5 August 2013
Thank you so much for your detailed tips to help our future guests to know what to expect here at Teton Valley Cabins!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
Austin
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 July 2013

We enjoyed the location and the town of Driggs as it was a nice get away from the hustle and bustle in Jackson. We were able to relax and enjoyed their quaint, quiet cabins. It is a bit of a drive to Yellowstone but again enjoyed being away from the stream of tourists. Pet friendly too.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
4 Thank jeannec76
Thief River Falls
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 July 2013

My family stayed here because we wanted to escape the high costs of lodging in Jackson plus we heard the mountain views on the East Side of the Tetons were pretty cool also. What a value! Half the price you would pay for comparable lodging in Jackson & only 40 minutes drive from there. I researched this place on Trip Advisor and those that provided the good reviews called it right. The cabins were clean, the big double bunks were great & plenty of room to spread out. You can tell the new Innkeepers put tremendous work into keeping the cabins in great condition because I think they have seen some traffic over the years. The landscaping needs some attention but I guess that aspect isn't really so important. Only 30 minutes drive to great hiking (Great for beginners or those wanting a good walk in a mountain valley--Teton Canyon). I give Teton Valley Cabins an Excellent because the financial value was excellent, cabin cleanliness exceeded expectations, room amenities more than adequate and the location behind the Tetons perfect for exploring areas off the beaten path

Room Tip: We stayed in the family style cabin--the big double bunks are perfect for families so I highly recom...
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
5 Thank 2017bigshooter
Nelson, NH
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 March 2013

Friendly and casual. Recent change in innkeepers, and the current wife/husband team are really committed to good service. Comfortable beds, cosy rooms, great to come back to after a day of skiing. If you need something else for the kitchen they have a stock you can borrow from. New innkeepers are quickly catching up on some deferred maintenance. I would expect to give the rooms five stars next year.

Room Tip: The queen bunk rooms give you a lot more floor space and a futon couch. You can toss seldom-used ite...
  • Stayed February 2013, travelled as a couple
5 Thank travelerinnh
Crested Butte, Colorado
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 January 2013

I initially found these cabins cause we needed "pet friendly", This is a great location, only 11 miles to Grand Targhee and 30+ miles to Jackson Hole. The caretakers really care about this place and it shows. The Queen bunk beds were especially fun for the kids. It was great to put everything on hold and just have fun being a family. Playing Monopoly in the the cabin our last night was the kids favorite thing. Having a stovetop, microwave and mini-fridge helped us to not go out to eat too much. The local grocery store is awesome! If you don't want all the frills than this is a wonderful, homey place to stay. We will definetly come back for many more visits.

• Stayed January 2013, travelled with family
5 Thank skaterbabie
Stuart, Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 November 2012

We were looking for something near Grand Teton National Park. Teton Valley Cabins are nice indiviual cabins that are cozy and small for a few nights. The only problem I had was the beds were not very comfortable for me, however, it might have just been my cabin. The view and surrounding area was very nice and the people were very friendly. I had two dogs so they take pets as well.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank bce99
Evanston, Wyoming
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 October 2012

We learned about a special fall offering at Teton Valley Cabins (TVC) from my brother and sister-in-law who have been guest lodging at TVC for many years. TVC is conveniently located about a mile east of downtown Driggs on Ski Hill Road. TVC guests can easily walk to and from the downtown.

The TVC property is adjacent to Ski Hill Road, but the cabins are some distance from the road and they are screend from the road by trees. There are two guest rooms in each log cabin building. There is a covered wood deck along the front of each building. The cabin interior includes finished pine. It's very appealing. There is a small frig, stove, microwave, sink, and cabinets with plates, cups and utensils in the room. A new roll, not a used roll of paper toweling was ready for use. That might seem like a small detail, but it's a detail of hospitality. The clean bathroom has a step-in shower. The in-room TV has limited stations, but we weren't there to watch television. The cabin was warm and cozy.

At our check-in, we were greeted by a gracious woman who was very welcoming. Her infant daughter, who was sitting on the front desk counter, handed me our lodging receipt. Now, that's teamwork!

Next to the office, there's an enlosed building with a hot tub inside. Towels were neatly stacked. Outside, there are several covered bins for recycling. Each log cabin building has a small, covered plastic trash container near the large, circular, gravelled parking area in front of the buildings.There is an open area on the property with a pathway and volleyball net. The property is well-maintained. TVC is pet-friendly. There are some cabins where it is okay to have dogs as inside canine guests. Dogs like TVC and TLC too! I didn't see any dog poo anywhere on the property. We had our two dogs with us as did other guests.

The regular rates at TVC are very reasonable. The special fall rate that we experienced was incredible. Go to their webiste to check it out.

Teton Valley Cabins offers affordable and accommodating guest lodging for everyone. It's only a mile or so from downtown Driggs. The cabins are quaint, clean and comfortable. The property is well cared for. The small staff was very friendly and caring. Yep, if you're looking for a cabin retreat that's still close to town amenities and outdoor places to flsh, hike, mountain bike, etc., Teton Valley Cabins deserves your consideration. TVC offers TLC. Paul Knopf and Cheryl Lowham, Evanston, Wyoming

Room Tip: Some rooms are pet friendly.
  • Stayed October 2012, travelled as a couple
10 Thank pknopf
katiecisco, General Manager at Teton Valley Cabins, responded to this review, 6 June 2013
Paul and Cheryl,

I want to personally thank you for writing such a complimentary and detailed testimonial to document your stay at our cabins. We have spent the last six months dedicated to innovation and improvement. Your words are very much appreciated!
Also consider these accommodations in or near Driggs
Grand Targhee Resort
BEST WESTERN Teton West
Wyoming Inn of Jackson Hole
Rustic Inn Creekside Resort and Spa at Jackson Hole
Teton Teepee Lodge
Teton Teepee Lodge
#2 of 4 in Alta
Teton Mountain Lodge & Spa- A Noble House Resort

Been to Teton Valley Cabins? Share your experiences!