“Great Food”

Emmett Chinese Cafe
Ranked #22 of 35 Restaurants in Emmett
Cuisines: Chinese
Reviewed 17 January 2014

They serve a different style of Chinese Food. You will enjoy it. Not fancy but the food makes up for it.

Reviewed 7 January 2014

Best Sesame Chicken around! Very good food and Emmett loves it! Spicy meals are awesome! Lo mein is wonderful too! Beef and broccoli are my other favorite.

Reviewed 24 November 2013

This is a quaint, mom and pop type Chinese cafe. The atmosphere is definitely cafe style, but the food is great and so is the service. It's the best Chinese food I've had and they bring the food dish by dish rather than all at once. This allows your table to not be overloaded with everything at the same time. The sweet and sour pork is just that, and without feeling like you're eating a spoonful of sugar with every bite. The beef and grilled onions were excellent too. A lot of food at a very reasonable price. This will definitely be our main Chinese restaurant in Emmett.

Reviewed 21 August 2013

This restaurant was recommended to us, despite the humble appearance. They were right.
The kitchen picked up on our tastes and preferences, dosing our spicy dishes heavily with Szechwan peppercorns. Perfect. I virtually never fail to eat everything we order in a chinese restaurant, down to the last grain of rice. Here I couldn't. Not because it wasn't good, but because the portions were so generous.
Just like another reviewer, the Sizzling Rice Soup we found excellent.
I'd go back.
Not fancy, just solid.

Reviewed 24 January 2013

My family frequently eats at the other Chinese restaurant in town, the Beijing. But, so many people told us this one was better, so we thought we should try it. When we walked in, the smell of cooking oil hit me. I have asthma, so I'm very sensitive to that sort of thing. It was hard to breathe but it was cold and rainy, so it was probably a ventilation issue. There were six of us. The service was very fast. The food was good, but not great. It may have been just what we ordered. We'll probably try it again, but we still prefer the Beijing Restaurant.

One thing should be noted: they don't take credit cards! We had to scramble to come up with enough cash to cover the bill.

Been to Emmett Chinese Cafe? Share your experiences!