“Pool, bar, and staff are great but motel is lacking!!” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Terrace Lakes Resort Motel

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Garden Valley
Terrace Lakes Resort Motel
Garden City
“Pool, bar, and staff are great but motel is lacking!!”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 May 2012 via mobile

This was my first visit. The staff was very friendly.
When we pulled up to the motel we didn't know where we could park because there weren't any parking spots and a bunch of rocks all over the place. The motel is a double wide trailer made into 8 "rooms." The room had a queen size bed and a side table with a lamp on it, and a 7inch tv mounted on the wall. They wouldn't be able to fit anything else in the room if they tried. Our over head lighting did not turn on. The room was clean for the most part but had a dead bug in the bathroom. I tried to shower but I couldn't get to water to be warm. It would either be scolding hot or ice cold. I ended up washing my hair in the sink. We could also hear people in the other rooms. I know this is normal with hotels but we could have conversation with the couple staying next to us. It was pointless to even have the walls in between the rooms.
The pool was very nice but the changing/restrooms needed some cleaning. The bar located above the restaurant was awesome. Great live music and it had a great vibe.
I would come back to Terrace Lakes again to enjoy the pool and bar but will find somewhere to stay.

• Stayed May 2012
      Cleanliness
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
8 Thank idahotraveler53

Solo
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Cottonwood Idaho
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 October 2011

The Terrace Lakes Resort golf course, thermally heated swimming pool & restaurant are lovely. Don't be tempted though to stay across the street at this small motel unless a teeny room in a 1960's modular building with ticky tacky wall decorations, bad lighting, worn towels, sparse bedding, etc is appealing to you. I borrowed sheets & a towel from a friend rather than use those in the room which appeared to have been inadequately washed since I found hairs on the sheets & washcloths. The plastic lampshade was melted on one side. The thermostat for the electric heaters malfunctioned, first overheating the room & then letting it get so cold I woke up several times in the night to adjust the settings.

Do ask to stay in the cabins or condos also available from Terrace Lake Resort Motel management. Others in my business group stayed in these & found everything just fine.

Do enjoy the mountain setting, quiet nights that this facility in Garden Valley (Crouch, actually) Idaho offers. Spectacular scenery, great little shops & eateries; fantastic new community library/activity center. Starlight Mountain Theatre offers spectacular outdoor theatrical entertainment during the summer months.

An alternative place to stay would be the Garden Mountain B&B at 41 Anderson Creek Rd. I met the new owner & had a tour of her facility. All top notch.

Room Tip: Ask to stay in the modern little cabins or condos also available from Terrace Lakes Resort. Or, opt...