“Very helpful hosts, nice place to stay.”

Whitebird Summit Ranch
Ranked #1 of 2 Grangeville B&B and Inns
GreenLeadersSilver level
Kennewick, Washington
“Very helpful hosts, nice place to stay.”
Reviewed 19 August 2014

Our family had a very pleasant stay here a week or so ago. We had gone rafting and our truck broke down right as we reached White Bird (Hoots did a fabulous job repairing it). Frank came right down, picked us up, and drove us back down the next day to retrieve the truck. He did not charge us extra for that and had a great attitude about it. We needed to reschedule our horse ride due to the change in schedule and that was no problem. They tried very hard to meet our needs and it helped to make our stay relaxing.

There are a lot of animals around and the lodge is a very interesting place to stay. Choices in Grangeville are limited and this is definitely worth a stop!

Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Janet D

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Ely, United Kingdom
Reviewed 11 August 2014

We chose this Lodge because of it's location and we were not disappointed!
We were looked after so well by Terri, Frank and their team, nothing was too much trouble and they were so helpful in supplying information of places to go.
We agree with other people who reviews that it may not suit everybody, but they are very open in telling you this, but had a marvellous time, after all it is a ranch. The rooms were clean, warm / cool and comfortable, the breakfast was ideal, the views fantastic and it was in that special part of Idaho, if we lived nearer we would definitely be back, it is a magnet - nice people.

Room Tip: All rooms are comfortable, although unless you are newly married you may not want the honeymoon suit...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Theresa S, Owner at Whitebird Summit Ranch, responded to this review, 13 August 2014
Thank you so much for your review. It is such a pleasure for Frank and I to have guests in our home and show them how beautiful Idaho is. So happy you enjoyed your stay and hope one day again to meet.
Reviewed 5 June 2014 via mobile

If you've read some of the other reviews about the White Bird Summit Lodge you probably already know that it's not for everyone. However, if you enjoy the outdoors and appreciate great scenery and wildlife, this is the place for you. Yes, there are a lot of taxidermy mounts from the owner's hunting trips all over the world, but then again it's not every day you get to see a lot of these things, and hearing the stories that go along with them is part of the experience. Frank and Terri were great tremendous hosts. The rooms aren't the fanciest, but the overall experience more than makes up for it.

Stayed July 2013
1 Thank Pete F
Boise, Idaho
Reviewed 14 May 2014

I have stayed at the lodge more than 20 times. I am impressed each time with the opportunity to really take in the environment and value the relationships I have built with the owners and the new and old friends I have there. Most special to me was the horse rides and the animal pictures I have with my then 2 and 5 year old grandchildren. Our five year old wanted to ride a horse and that was all she could imagine. These are the last pictures we have of this child. You never know when the last time will be. Thank you Teri for making sure that this little girl could have a dream come true. Teri is an amazing cook and hostess. Frank & Teri make sure that we have a great time each and every time we come. I love staying in the Bunk Room. I Have never slept so good as in that dark, warm room with the fireplace blazing near by. Idaho is a beautiful state and this area has so much to offer. You can hang out with friends and scrapbook for hours and hours, going home with a relaxed outlook on life, ready to take on the world again. You can go there and spend a few days doing different seasonal activities, you could come for breakfast at the ranch, a BBQ on the back patio, camp fire, or a team building retreat. You will not be disappointed with your experience and your life will be enriched by your time on the top of the summit. Each time I come back I know that my memories will continue to be more and more amazing.

Room Tip: Tell them what you like to have in a room. It you don't like certain things about the country, t...
Green Features: Homemade food, and lots of laughter. We have never been disappointed.
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Scrapper6955
white bird
Reviewed 17 September 2013

I live in the area but had not visited the ranch before. I wanted to take some family members on a horseback ride and made a reservation with them. The ride was the real deal. I have been on rides at other places in the U.S. On those occassions the trails were as wide as a dirt road. Not so on this ride. We went places were there were no visible trails. It really gave you the sense of adventure. The young women who were our guides were very friendly and easy to talk with as we rode. Someone suggested I should bring my Granddaughter to the breakfast on the ranch because she couldn't go on the ride being she was only 6. We did go back with her for the breakfast. Terri couldn't have been a better host. She spent more time with my Granddaughter than I expected. Letting her give treats to the pigs, goats, horses, duck,sheep and chickens. I was impressed with her patience. She took the time to answer all her questions and there were many. The food was to die for too. Can't wait for more company next summer to ride again. Linda W.

4 Thank linda w
Rockford, IL
Reviewed 24 August 2013

My daughter's family (including grand kids) and I stayed at the lodge while doing activities provide by the Lockey U Outfitters. I've written a separate review for the Outfitters. Our stay at the lodge was exceptional. The service from Terri, Frank (owners) and the rest of the staff was outstanding. They all exuded great customer service. Everyone was super friendly.The rooms were very nice, not luxurious, but appropriate for the outdoor environment, and the atmosphere was very homey.. Terri's meals were very good. There were animals all over the place. My grand kids loved it.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
Terrischmitz, Owner at Whitebird Summit Ranch, responded to this review, 27 August 2013
We are a great location to base your adventure trips out of. Close to the Salmon River for Rafting , Horse back riding right out of the lodge. Hiking trails and great fishing trips all close by. It was great having you back with us again and it was wonderful for you to share the adventure with your grand kids. You make some great memories.
Everett
Reviewed 16 August 2013

We have been to Whitebird Summit Lodge twice now and have loved both visits. Frank and Terri are very welcoming. My husband and daughter love horseback riding - it is not the typical nose to tail slow walk through the dust on broken down nags that you find at most places. The wildlife in the area is great. Take a walk and find deer almost every time. On this visit we had a tame deer walking right up to the door! They also have goats, pigs, chickens, rabbits, cats, dogs and they are very dog friendly - something we loved since we like to take our dog with us. Frank tells great stories and Terri is a terrific cook. They love their guests and let us feed some of the animals when we asked. It is a perfect place if you want to relax and be with nature and feel at home at the same time.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
Terrischmitz, Owner at Whitebird Summit Ranch, responded to this review, 17 August 2013
Ann Thankyou - we also had allot of laughs this past week with you guys. Glad you were able to get out and enjoy all the activities in the area to do - even though the zip line was a little bit of a drive it is all about an adventure and family time. Buddy was a sweet heart while he was here and his manners came out glowing - a sign of good owners. I am sure we wil see each other again. By the way we have added to the collection of animals once again. Frank went to Troy yesterday and got some pheasants I will be positng them on our website so watch for them. They are beautiful. Thanks again Terri