“This is mexican? Far from it.”
Review of Palenque

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Palenque
Ranked #14 of 19 Restaurants in Grangeville
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed 30 June 2014

Service was efficient but not friendly. I guess server was having a bad night and not friendly at all. Never did get a straw for my drink.

Their idea of carnitas de rez is a sautéed steak cut in strips served like Fajitas. Meat was TOUGH but veggies were decent. No they do not have genuine pork Carnitas.

I got the chicken Flautas and got what I would call mini burritos filled with shredded spiced chicken and deep fried. NOT rolled up flautas looking like over sized taquitos.

Portions were HUGE and flavorable and tastey. But authenic? NO WAY! Oh well what do you expect for a one horse town in Idaho.

The restaurant is small and there ws a SCREAMING kid in one half. The servers put everyone in the half away from the kid but it was still ridiculous and the staff would not do anything to quiet the problem even after a couple of us asked her to.

Reviewed 5 March 2014

I enjoyed the prompt service and the good food here, the help is friendly and quick. Good experience here!

Reviewed 4 November 2013

I have to completely agree with the last reviewer- this is the best Arroz Con Pollo I have ever had! This place is fantastic! I had all but given up on trying to like Mexican food until I tried Palenque. I have had Mexican food in San Diego and San Antonio and other places, but THIS was absolutely fantastic. The service was great, the atmosphere was very nice, and the food was fantastic! I have been craving this meal since we were there a month ago. Last week I was in Miami and had arroz con pollo from a Spanish restaurant. It was very good, but nothing compared to Palenque. I loved Idaho, and the Dog Bark Park Inn, and this restaurant- I look forward to returning to the area. I wish I lived closer. This is a MUST try!!! YUMMMMMM!!!!

Reviewed 10 October 2013

Prices are typical for a Mexican Restaurant, and the food is great. After trying the Arroz Con Pollo here I will never order anything else, it is too good to pass up. I have tried ordering this dish at other restaurants and it is not the same. There is something about the sauce they use that is to die for. Great chips & salsa, cold drinks and excellent fast service every time.

Reviewed 22 September 2013

It was good and convenient for takeout, not amazing but not bad either. We had enchiladas and burritos with plenty of cheese!