“Outstanding Motel” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Hailey
Ogden, Utah
“Outstanding Motel”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 June 2014

For the same price of lesser local motels, Wood River Inn is an outstanding experience. From Adam, at the front desk, to the spotless large room, comfortable bed, generous amenities, fresh hot continental breakfast, and extremely friendly staff, we had a wonderful two-night stay.

• 5 of 5 bubbles
sunvalleywine, Owner at Wood River Inn & Suites, responded to this review, 23 July 2014
Allan D,

Thank you for 5 star review! We are pleased that you had such a great experience with our staff and your room.

We can't wait to have you both back with us for another mini vacation!

Ryan

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (57)
Durham, North Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 June 2014

Our check in began on a very positive note with a complimentary room upgrade. The room was comfortable, and the staff were courteous and incredibly helpful with suggestions about restaurants and activities. We especially appreciated Lisa's advice and enjoyed our discussions with her. Go to CK's if you want to splurge - we had a great dinner there. Had some long walks around town and along the river and spent a day at the Craters of the Moon. A beautiful area with a nice hotel.

mid214,

Thank you for your 5 star review! We are so glad that your stay with us was outstanding and that you were able to experience some of the beautiful spots that our Valley has to offer! We look forward to accommodating you both on your next visit!

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 June 2014

Right in the middle of the town of Hailey, so we could walk around in the evening without driving. Price was low compared to other hotels in Jackson, but hotel was really nice and very clean. Pool and hot tub were clean and well kept. We even got a lovely breakfast for free. Staff in the evening and in the morning when checking out were very friendly and helpful. I would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
woodriverinn, Owner at Wood River Inn & Suites, responded to this review, 22 June 2014
Mary,
Thank you for your kind words. We really appreciate hearing from our guests. We pride ourselves in providing the best stay possible. We know there are options in the market and it means a lot to us that you would definitely stay with us during your future travels.
Boise, Idaho
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 June 2014

I had high hopes for this place and there is a lot to like, but I could not follow through and give 5 stars. Room is clean and quiet and Adam at the front desk was friendly and competent. But for the price paid it should have been better. We had the Jacuzzi suite and had some problem figuring it out. It does work, but instructions would help. The main problem was breakfast. Not a fan of putting the sausage in the gravy, let the meat be separate. The little round egg patties were not appetizing at all. The only fruit I saw was apples--you can do better. Pastries anyone??? This was a birthday celebration trip and another $30 for breakfast just put me in a bad mood. I won't go so far as to say don't stay here and I would most likely return myself, but I was not 100% happy.

• 4 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Winston_Orvis
Winston_Orvis,

Thank you for your feedback! We strive for 5 star reviews, so your comments are extremely helpful to us. Since your visit, we have now added muffins and donuts to our daily breakfast.

We are pleased that you will be staying with us again in the future.

Richardson, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 June 2014

Our short stay was perfect. Adam at the desk seemed to always be there. He was very helpful, responsive and accommodating. The room was clean and we had absolutely no issues. The location was central to many sites in the area.

Room Tip: The rooms in the back have a view of the mountains.
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Mike D,

Thank you for your outstanding 5 star review! We are glad that you had such great service and that you were able to enjoy a room with a view of the mountains!

We look forward to you staying with us on your next visit.
Cheers,
Boise, Idaho
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 May 2014

We've stayed here several times for golf trips and love it. It's super clean and quiet with a friendly and helpful staff. We enjoy soaking in the hot tub and the complimentary breakfast is convenient for on-the-go weekends. The central valley location makes it super convenient and Ketchum/Sun Valley is right near by.

Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
Denver, Colorado
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 May 2014

My husband and I spent a week traveling around Idaho for our anniversary and this was the best hotel we stayed at. I really wished we had been able to spend another night here.

The lady at the desk, I think her name was Lisa, was super friendly and helpful. I told her it was our anniversary and she gave us a free room upgrade (it was a Wednesday after ski season but before summer, so I think the hotel was pretty empty). She also let me pet and love on the manager's chi-weenie dog who hangs out behind the desk. A much needed dog-fix after leaving my own four-legged friend at home. I asked where a good place to eat was and she gave us a paper with a categorized listing of the Hailey-area restaurants and offered some suggestions based on what we said we were in the mood for. We went up to our room and when I first walked in, I thought the room upgrade was from the regular king room we had reserved to a suite, because there was a little living room area with a couch, desk, and tv, and then beyond that the room with the bed and another tv. Then we walked further into the room and discovered that there was a two-person jacuzzi in the room and his-and-her bathrobes. My jaw dropped. Having that room definitely made our anniversary trip that much more special.

After putting our suitcases in our room, we headed back out for supper. Lisa asked us where we had decided to go, and when we told her, she pulled out some coupons for the restaurant. I had the impression from the drawer she pulled them from that there were coupons for other restaurants, too, so make sure to ask!

The bed was incredibly comfortable, and the large and numerous pillows were greatly appreciated, especially as the place we had stayed the night before had pillows that were like little tiny marshmallows. My husband and I definitely took advantage of the jacuzzi and the bath salts provided. I also really appreciated how quiet the whole place was. I don't know if it's because of when we were there, but the hotel is right off a main street, and I didn't even notice any traffic noise.

In the morning, we enjoyed a standard but delicious breakfast, including biscuits and sausage gravy (I love sausage gravy!). There were a lot of options, and the coffee was pretty good, too. The staff were present to keep the breakfast area clean and stocked, and they were friendly and respectful. Check-out was easy, and the lady behind the desk was again friendly and helpful.

Bottom line, this was an absolutely wonderful place to spend a romantic night in a clean and quiet room, and if we ever go up to Idaho again, I will try to make sure that this is where we stay. I wish we would have spent our whole week here.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Also consider these accommodations in or near Hailey
BEST WESTERN Tyrolean Lodge
BEST WESTERN PLUS Kentwood Lodge
Knob Hill Inn
Knob Hill Inn
#1 of 10 in Ketchum

Been to Wood River Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!