“4-50-TD tour”

The Inn at Ellsworth Estate
Ranked #2 of 3 Hailey B&B and Inns
Reviewed 12 July 2013

I was excited to be able to stay at the Inn at Ellsworth Estate, I was very dissappointed. The pictures on the web page are deceiving, The grounds have not been kept, the grass was brown and weedy. It was hot that day there was no glasses, or water or anything when we arrived. The manger was not on the property the entire time we were there. We were not asked about the time for breakfast but informed it would be at 9:00am. That is a late time for travelers. The manager finally came about 9:00am for us to pay her. She was not able to give us a receipt and it took 4 days to get it by e mail, I finally had to call and ask for the receipt. The Inn was very dirty, cobwebs and dust everywhere. The breakfast was store purchased mini muffins, a breafast casserole, and juice. This was not what was expected.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank Debbie C

Reviewed 28 May 2013

We stayed at the Ellsworth Inn over Memorial Day weekend. The room itself was clean and comfortable and met expectations. However, I chose Ellsworth Inn specifically for the "gourmet" breakfasts described by other reviewers and as shown on photos. I understand the Inn has recently changed management, and the food was far from gourmet. Instead, we were offered grocery-store cinnamon bread french toast, grocery-store sweet rolls, a few strawberries, and Sunny Delight or milk to drink. What a disappointment! At $130 per night, it also seemed overpriced for a standard, nothing-special B&B. Management was friendly and, like I said, room quality and cleanliness met expectations, but the food and the price did not.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with friends
4  Thank jskad
Reviewed 23 February 2013

This is the first time I had ever stayed at a Bed and breakfast. I was with 3 of my business associates and we stayed 2 nights at the Inn at Ellsworth and we all thoroughly enjoyed it. Gabriella immediately welcomed us at the door and gave us a tour of this home. It was built in 1906 and has a very warm and comfortable feel to it. Each room has its own name and unique decor. The beds were very comfortable. We had the entire B&B to ourselves which was awesome as we were able to kick back and relax, whether it was watching TV, or sitting by a warm fire. Gabriela really went above and beyond to make us not only feel welcome, but she fed us like kings. Breakfast was amazing on both days, and she went so far as to bake us a home made peach cobbler with ice cream. She provided excellent recommendations on places to eat for dinner and even hand wrote a note to the owner of the Belly Deli to take good care of us for lunch. I would highly recommend this place for anyone looking for a warm, comfortable, and relaxing Bed and Breakfast with staff that go above and beyond to ensure your stay is perfect. It was my very first bed and breakfast stay, but what a nice change of pace from the corporate hotel scene. Check it out, you will be happy you did.

Stayed: February 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 15 February 2013

We stayed 4 nights at the Inn at Ellsworth Estates in the Hemingway room. The bed was very comfortable and the room itself was small, but was fine for the time we spent in the room. The only issue was that the tub in the bathroom was very slippery and could use a mat in the bottom to prevent someone from falling. The house itself was beautiful and the living area, dinning room, and kitchen were exceptional. The breakfast was prepared by our hostess and the food was quite good. It was fairly gourmet and there were several items I have not tried before. Ronnie managed the inn and was very knowledgable about the area and things to see and places to eat. Our plan is to get back to Hailey and we plan to stay at the Inn at Ellsworth Estates!

Room Tip: No swimming pool and fitness center that I could see. It was winter!
  • Stayed: January 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 5 October 2012

My husband and I are so glad we stayed at The Inn at Ellsworth Estate for our 36th wedding anniversary. Roni is the best innkeeper with her great smile, amamzing gormet breakfasts every morning during the week we were there in August. She deserved to have the award for the Best B&B in 2012!
The Inn is so cozy, clean with lots of guest rooms, each with a private bath and close to dining and shopping along Main St. The bike paths there are 2 blocks behind the Inn, so we were able to leave our car parked at the Inn and walk or ride our bikes.
Roni, we cannot thank you enough for all you did for us during our stay in August! You are remembered and appreciated!
Lynda and Lyle Powers

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank LyndaPowers
Reviewed 20 June 2011

spent 1 night here and found the hosts great to chat to and walking into the kitchen to smell home made cookies, coffee and tea on tap was wonderful especially after a long days drive.

Shame our timetable didn't allow us to stay longer.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 2 August 2010

The new Innkeepers at the Inn at Ellsworth Estate are fabulous. They have been there since March of 2010. They have made a huge change to this bed and breakfast. It is like staying with your most treasured friends.

The breakfast is a 3 course gourmet meal, even the jams and danish are homemade. We stayed 3 nights and every breakfast was different, but all is all fabulous. The warm homemade cookies and muffins are so yummy.

The rooms are beautiful. The beds are sooo comfortable! Everthing was wonderful. My party had 4 rooms and they were all fantastic.. The views are nice. It is very quiet and serene. Everything smelled wonderful. I couldn't have enjoyed it any more than I did. I can't wait to go back and stay longer.

I recommend this Inn to everyone I know and even people I don't know. It is the best for business stays, romantic weekends and everything in between.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled on business