“1,000,000 stars!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Red Horse Mountain Ranch

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Harrison
Red Horse Mountain Ranch
GreenLeadersSilver level
Blacksburg, Virginia
“1,000,000 stars!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 June 2013

Amazing!!! Great place for a family vacation! The parents and kids enjoyed the wide variety of activities and events! The campfires, karaoke, amazing race and cookout were all great ideas! The employees were wonderful and know how to do their jobs! The kids' horses were very friendly and the scenic rides were great! The ride into the mountains had a beautiful view and ahhhhs and oohhhhs were all that could be heard. The kids almost died when they heard that they got one free ice cream a day from the gift shop. The vacation was a great way for everyone to get to know each other and by the end of the week we were all one big family. It was a great family vacation and you can bet you'll see me there next year!

• 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (63)
Zionsville, Indiana, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 June 2013

Have NEVER been to a Dude ranch before and I must say this was the most rewarding and wonderful experience I've had! Took our family so our group was 9. 7 adults and 2 children. I really had no idea what to expect, but was SO totally excited and happy with the results. The staff was outstanding, as well as the accommodations, food, entertainment, and the horses and the trails. I can not speak highly enough for the ranch. I would, in a heart beat, recommend this ranch as a vacation spot to all my friends! So many activities to choose from that catered to all the age groups of the families that were there with us! We had OUTSTANDING weather(I know, I know. Something we CAN NOT control) but still we really lucked out! We would most definitely go back to the ranch!

Room Tip: We had the HILL TOP house and it was wonderful!!! Very spacious, clean, accommodating, and had a GRE...
Clovis, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 June 2013

Wow, wow, wow. This place checks every box and is a must go. Food, check. An amazing chef, after day one you will come to realize you need to have a strategy for what to eat, or else you may explode from over-indulgence.

Location, check. This place is stunning and is truly a slice of heaven.

Activities, check. They literally have everything, but the horse back riding steals the show. I took a lesson, which took me from a basic rider who can follow along on a trail, to a rider that was galloping as fast as the horse could go with control, where else would do that for you, and what a rush. Not to mention all the other fun stuff like a challenge course, mountain biking excellent and trustworthy kids program.

Staff- the staff are truly what make this place special. It is clear that every single person there is there to make sure you have fun. They have a rule that they do everything they can to not say no, and I found that was the case. They do so many things that must require an amazing amount of work in order to give you a cool experience. For example, ride your horse to dinner night and then hang out and eat another phenomenal meal in a meadow.

Also, this is the place to go to reconnect with your family/kids. Especially thinking those teenagers who don't want to be seen with their parents. Everyone will have fun and enjoy this place.

We don't like to "repeat" vacations, however, this was our second time here and we plan to return many, many more times.

Make your reservation now, you will not regret it!

Room Tip: We have stayed in the Syringa cabin and Garnet. Syringa has the best view as you can see the horse...
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 June 2013

Outstanding family vacation! Accommodations clean and comfortable, maintained daily. Staff is supportive with daily activities planned minimizing any downtime unless that is your choosing. Our seven year old boy went to bed tired and a little tearful every night and woke up the next morning after a good night sleep with a smile on his face. Thank you RHMR Crew, see you next year!

• Stayed June 2013
Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 January 2013

Stayed here a couple of years back for an early summer getaway with my teenage daughter. I cannot think of enough superlatives to describe our experience. My daughter (a teenager, mind you) still refers to this as her best vacation ever. Horseback riding, skeet shooting, mountain biking, and archery, topped off with fantastic food and amazing staff. From the time we got picked up at the airport, to the cook to each of the ranch hands, we were treated with respect, kindness and just the right amount of familiarity. The scenery was gorgeous, we tried all kinds of new activities and got a great massage on top of it all. This is definitely the perfect combination of the Ritz Carlton + City Slickers.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank 2tough2please
Saint Louis, Missouri
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 December 2012

A friend had always dreamed of spending time at a guest ranch. I had been to another ranch several years back and had a wonderful time with my husband. So we launched a "girl's giddyup getaway week" at Red Horse. There is not enough time to tell how far this ranch exceeded my expectations. The staff was wonderful. The food was out of this world, and I can write with all honesty that this was one of the best trips of my life. We challenged ourselves doing outdoor activities, we danced, sang, ate, drank, and laughed ourselves silly. Even the horses were beautifully matched to everyone's ability. I've rode for 20 years, and expected a plug, instead I was given a lively little mare that I really enjoyed riding. The scenery is beautiful, everything well planned and orchestrated, and the staff does all they can to insure your stay is spot on. Do not plan on dieting while you are here, the food still makes my mouth water, ( can't forget the maple scones.) I loved Red Horse Mountain Ranch so much, that I hope to return and bring my family along for this experience.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled with friends
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank Donna G
Priest River, Idaho
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 November 2012

A beautiful place, excellent service, cozy and private accommodation.

It amazed us how in such a remote setting within the Coeur D'Alene national forest mountains, you could experience such culinary exuberance with not just one chef but several including a pastry chef who provided personal attention especially to those with dietary needs. The wine selection was exquisite, ensuring a vast variety of local vintages to satisfy a varied clientel.

The varied offered activities besides the daily basic to advanced horseback riding were fun and at times challenging and all the more enjoyable in the beautiful setting.

The evening bonfire get-togethers with the local cowboy poet/singer was an unforgettable experience, especially since the multi-talented staff joined in with their musical contribution.

It was hard to leave the warm and cozy comfort of the plush bed but we made it to Amanda's morning yoga/stretch sessions to get us ready for the full day's activities.

Room Tip: It depends on what you want: some cabins are more private than others. Ours was a room in a multi-r...
  • Stayed October 2012, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Also consider these accommodations in or near Harrison
Hampton Inn & Suites Coeur d'Alene
#2 of 10 in Coeur d'Alene
The Roosevelt Inn
The Roosevelt Inn
#1 of 10 in Coeur d'Alene

Been to Red Horse Mountain Ranch? Share your experiences!