“I can't stop thinking of all the wonderful memories!”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Harrison
Red Horse Mountain Ranch
GreenLeadersSilver level
“I can't stop thinking of all the wonderful memories!”
Reviewed 14 July 2013

Had a great time for my 50th birthday! If you go to the evening campfire, STAY! I left early and since then it's probably my best memory! The artists/musicians are fantastic! Not one bad thing to say!

• Stayed September 2012

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (69)
Nashville, Tennessee
Reviewed 11 July 2013

We just spent a week in Harrison, ID at Red Horse Mountain Ranch with Cory and the wonderful staff! What an experience!! Beginning with the drive to the ranch along the beautiful Lake Coeur d'Alene and continuing through our check out, the staff was extremely accommodating and overly friendly. Everything from the food to the after hours activities were meticulous! Our trail riding was wonderful and our group of 20 (ranging in age from 3-80) were all matched with wonderful, appropriate skill level horses. My wife and I had reservations about putting our 3 year old on a horse. Well, from the first moment she saw the herd, there was no turning back! She rode every day, as did our other two children. The additional activities at the ranch gave us all plenty of options when not riding! If you have never been to a dude ranch (which we hadn't), I highly recommend Red Horse Mountain Ranch. For the last week, my children have been asking, "when are we going back dad"? What an experience...Best family vacation we have ever had!!

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
Fort Lauderdale, Florida, United States
Reviewed 2 July 2013

I had the BEST time! My whole family was there and we took advantage of every activity every day and it was the best week of my life...I did more in a week than I generally do in a month at home and the food was awesome, the staff was awesome....ziplining, catwalk, archery, kayaking, horseback riding, learning to lasso (yeah Blake helped me do the lasso on my second try, thanks Blake you rock!)and he helped me with the clay shooting too...lol They have different activities every night as well, and Karaoke night was the BEST!!! I want to come back every year for the rest of my life...I actually cried when we had to go home because I was so sad to be leaving...

Room Tip: The hilltop house has its own jacuzzi....we loved the hilltop house...the room downstairs is really...
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 30 June 2013 via mobile

We just returned from a wonderful week on the ranch. The week exceeded our expectations. The ranch is in a beautiful location. The food was amazing. There are so many different activities to choose from each day and we enjoyed everything. I highly recommend this ranch. We never repeat vacations, but we've already booked for next year.

Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
Oregon
Reviewed 24 June 2013

This place is the best! They have the best staff of any resort we've stayed at. Wonderfully nice and engaging people. The food is outstanding. One evening they serve the adults a five course meal with wine pairings and on the last night, they put on a BBQ that is amazing. The ranch has a wide variety of activities for every age and interest. We went mainly for the horseback riding, but also really enjoyed the zip line into the pond. They will also do your laundry while you are there for the week. Be sure to catch the running of the herd on Monday morning. That was really neat to watch.

We stayed in the Old Post cabin which is great for two people. Amenities are very clean and comfortable. There's an order sheet in the room if you would like to have cold beverages awaiting your return from your daily activities. The room also had a fridge and coffee maker in it.

No matter how much we enjoy somewhere, we never go back because there are so many wonderful places to visit in this world. However, this may be the one exception as we're already talking about going back next year.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
Fairfax Station, Virginia
Reviewed 18 June 2013

We decided for a totally different kind of vacation by picking a dude ranch. What a great choice! We were a little concerned about being an adult group at a "family" type of setting but it was a non-issue. If it is of concern, please know that the kid and adult activities could be done separate or together - with the guest making the choice. There were daily adult rides and adult activities.
The wranglers were super friendly and helpful - especially for beginning riders like us. They made us very comfortable with the horses, and lessons were available - a big help for us. Opt for the all day ride - the view from the top of the mountain was spectacular - you could see Coeur D Alene! Our wrangler, Bucky, could even point out his mother's ranch!
Be warned that you will gain weight - three FULL meals per day plus snacks! Excellent food! The chef and kitchen staff work very hard and clearly aim to please. They did an amazing job with all of the meals, especially the 5 course wine dinner and the barbecue.
The cabins were very appropriate. We were in Star Garnet - great location - a duplex and we occupied both sides. Very comfy king sized beds with super soft comforters which were great for the cool nights.
Overall it was a great vacation - EXACTLY what we were hoping for. I was looking for a vacation where I didn't have to make any major decisions once we arrived - like Boys Scout camp! The biggest decisions were what fun activities to pick and what to drink for happy hour!
It was great - I would definitely recommend it - you won't find a nicer staff anywhere.

Room Tip: Star Garnet is great for two couples or a family - it's a duplex with a king bed on each side...
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
Dallas, Texas
Reviewed 18 June 2013

Red Horse Mountain Ranch is truly a gem! I wish it were possible to give it more than 5 stars! It has beautiful scenery, a genuinely friendly and caring staff, wonderfully delicious meals, and varied and fun activities for the entire family- from little kids to teenagers, and adults. Everyone at the ranch is focused on creating a memorable experience for each guest. Accommodations are charmingly rustic, yet very comfortable, well furnished and spotlessly clean. (If there had been any way to pack the bed into my suitcase to bring home, I would have done so! It was so comfortable!) Daily maid service and twice weekly laundry service is included (a very nice feature). By far, the Ranch has been our best ever vacation experience - we can't wait to return!!

Room Tip: Eagles Nest and Cutthroat cabins - very comfortable, private and quiet, with great backside views t...
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Harrison
SpringHill Suites Coeur d'Alene
Lakeview Lodge
Lakeview Lodge
#2 of 6 in Harrison
Coeur D'Alene Casino Resort Hotel

Been to Red Horse Mountain Ranch? Share your experiences!