“Thanks for the memories - Girls Getaway 2012”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Harrison
Red Horse Mountain Ranch
GreenLeadersSilver level
Montvale, NJ
“Thanks for the memories - Girls Getaway 2012”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 September 2013

It was a year ago today, my friend Helen and I left for Red Horse Mountain Ranch for the Girls Getaway week. What a blast, I think it might be one of the best vacations I ever went on. Met a bunch of great women from all over the country, had so much fun every day. You can ride as much or as little as you want. I tried things I never tried before, ziplining, kayaking, clay shooting, archery and karoke. The staff is great, friendly, helpful and always willing to join in the fun. Food was excellent. The location is beautiful, relaxing. There was always plenty to do, but you set your own pace, sign up only for what you want to do. Don't miss Monday morning when they corral the horses from the pasture, what a great experience that was. I loved everything about this vacation, it felt like a dream.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank CarolJoyAnn

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (63)
Naples, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 September 2013

So here's the funny part: our week's group was so congenial every one of us will recognize who wrote each review! :) After not finding a ranch that quite fit what we were looking for last year, I tried again & stumbled on Red Horse. When looking at all the 5-star reviews here on TA, my 1st reaction was "too good to be true". However, I was wrong! Red Horse is a wonderful place & created many happy memories in a week's time. The staff is incredible - Jeanie, Jess, Steph, Andy, Kyle...(I know I'm missing someone & I apologize), Kay at the bar, Jody in the office, Cory the owner/manager. No request was too small, nothing was overlooked & all was done with a smile. The food was plentiful and delicious. There were always fresh baked goods at the end of the buffet line to tempt you, and later, the few remaining cookies or brownies were placed out for snacking any time. We had the added pleasure of wine tasting each afternoon, mingling happily with fellow guests. On Thursday night, the staff provided an outstanding 5 course meal with wine pairings at each course, all served in the glow of kerosene lamps. Cabins are simple & comfortable. The horse picked for you is yours all week, giving you an opportunity to bond with these beautiful animals. Guests can choose scenic trail rides or test out for advanced riding opportunities, as well as some refresher or beginner lessons. I think my family enjoyed the riding most of all, but the other activities were also fun: kayaking, clays, archery, mountain biking, the zip line...Evening songs & stories at the campfire were also enjoyable, especially on a clear night with a bazillion stars overhead. If you have the chance, experience Red Horse - you won't regret it!

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
3 Thank Templetons911
Chattanooga, Tennessee
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 September 2013

What a spectacular vacation we had at RHMR! It is getting harder to find places that really understand hospitality, but the folks at Red Horse Mountain get it. The surroudings are gorgeous, and the food is fabulous, but it is the staff at the ranch that really make the experience. From the wranglers to the chefs, everyone seems determined to make sure you have a good time. You can ride as much as you want, or not at all, and you can participate in as many actvities as you can fit in - or just take it easy. There is something going on every evening (campfire, hanging out at the saloon), and everything is very well thought out. Head out to Harrison for a great vacation and some wonderful memories.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
Wattsburg, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 September 2013

Even if you are an experienced rider, you will appreciate the horseback program. Plenty of galloping, along with deep cedar and pine scented trails. My favorite stretch, Kyle and Ford called the rain forest. There we kicked up several grouse and saw fresh bear and elk tracks. They have 86 horses, all very well fed, shod, with comfortable tack.
The answer was never, "No" at this ranch. They said, "Yes" to everything I asked for. "Do you have Crown Royal and bitters?" " Yes", replied Kay. "Can I eat my tender slow cooked pulled pork lunch outside on the deck?" " Of course", said Jessi. "Can I still do the zip line after I ride in the afternoon?" "Yes". "Can I jump out of my kayak and swim around in the lake?" "Yes" replied Anna. "Can I shoot another round in the duck blind and pet the fainting goats?" " Sure" said Jeanie.
I stayed in the lodge room. The soap and shampoo smelled really pretty. The soft Terri cloth robes were a nice touch and came in handy when I would sneak out of my room to sit in the message chair at 2AM. All the guests this week were fabulous, and even though I traveled alone they treated me like a friend. (Thanks) All the workers are beautiful and the wranglers hot, including the managers. My favorite part was the horse riding and Tom Land the Cowboy poet. My least favorite was the trail from the arena to the lodge.

Room Tip: If you are lucky enough to get the Buckhorn lodge room, sleep on the right hand side of the bed.
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled solo
3 Thank Becky C
San Juan Capistrano, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 September 2013

FANTASTIC resort! Looking for a great dude ranch experience, don't hesitate - this is THE place to go. If you love the outdoors, horses, and fun things to do then this is THE place!. Staff is incredible, very customer focused. Great activities. Amazing! Top-notch fun, a lot to do!

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Steve28122
Livermore, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 September 2013

We were told for years how great this place is but it was even better than we expected. The staff is unbelievably accommodating, the food is very good with a good variety every day. So many fun activities to choose from for the whole family, every day. Plus fun activities every evening. You can do as much or as little as you want, and the ranch doesn't limit how many can enjoy any activity.
We were there for a family reunion, but it was also fun to meet and interact with people from all over, including the UK.
Can't say enough about how much we enjoyed our stay.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
South Plainfield, New Jersey
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 September 2013

This was a great place! Excellent food, very comfortable accommodations, lots of activities, and friendly and helpful staff. The other guests were great fun. I have no doubt that we will be talking about this vacation for years. My entire family agress that this was the best vacation ever!

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Harrison
BEST WESTERN PLUS Coeur d'Alene Inn
#7 of 22 in Coeur d'Alene
Lakeview Lodge
Lakeview Lodge
#2 of 6 in Harrison

Been to Red Horse Mountain Ranch? Share your experiences!