“Our stay at this hotel was a horrible experience, and it ruined our vacation.”
Review of Riviera Hotel

Riviera Hotel
Ranked #11 of 33 Hotels in Lido di Venezia
Reviewed 7 September 2009

I stayed in this hotel for two nights with my significant other. I am not a picky person when it comes to hotels. I like a clean room and a hotel that provides the amenities that are listed by hotwire and the hotel website. For starters the hotel is definitely not for couples wishing to get away for a romantic weekend. We had a room with two twin beds pushed together that would not stay together. The air conditioning was on high and the room would not drop below 80 degrees. Next, I went to use the internet and the Wi-Fi did not reach our room. Even if it did work I would say that the cost was too high at 6 Euros for a half an hour of use. After my shower in the morning I went to blow dry my hair with the hotel provided dryer and the hair dryer died after about two minutes. In the morning there was a nice breakfast provided, which is the only positive thing I have to say about this hotel. The hotel has a nice sign on their front desk that states “a free private ride and tour” on the island of Murano. All you have to do is tell the front desk what time you want to go. When we asked them about this offer they said that they could not get a hold of their boat company. (We waited for over an hour to get any sort of response from the front desk). After touring Venice all day we came back to the room for a rest and shower before dinner. There was a loud noise in the bathroom and I went in to check on it and the shower door had shattered without anyone in there. I went down to the front desk to tell them what happened so hopefully we could change rooms. They said that they would figure something out and take care of it. So, on that note we went out to dinner dirty, but hopeful that things would be worked out by the time we got back. When we returned we went to the front desk, and they blamed us for everything and it was “not their problem to give us another room.” I was mad at their lack of helping us but I asked at the very least could they send someone up to clean up the glass so it would be safe to go to the bathroom. Again their response was “It’s not our problem.” Unbelievable. I would never recommend this hotel to anyone. The staff is the worst.

• Stayed: August 2009, travelled as a couple
2  Thank brookeyboo09

Reviewed 27 July 2009

I stayed here for two night and most say that it was a nice and clean hotel. I totally HATED the shower as it was soooo small that I could barely fit in there. I am 5'2 and weight 115 lbs. I don't see how anyone else could fit there without bumping into walls. Other than that everything was fine. It included the breakfast which was great and the staff was friendly although they could have been friendlier.

• Stayed: April 2009, travelled with friends
1  Thank so_ready2go
Reviewed 27 July 2009

We stayed at Hotel Riviera for a week in July 2009 and really loved the hotel! We paid approximately 60 euros per night for a double room which was excellent value for money. We chose not to pay extra for the lagoon view but you could still see the sea from our room.

The rooms are not luxurious but very cozy and clean. The bathroom is big enough and also has a bathtub. Breakfast really exceeded our expectations because it had a lot of variety. There were plenty of fresh fruits, berries, pastries, yoghourts, cereals, cheese, ham, jams, cookies, juice, tea, coffee etc. I'd say one of the best hotel breakfasts I've had, definitely in a 3 star hotel.

The staff was very friendly and helpful and you could see that it's a small hotel because the same ladies who cleaned the rooms also worked as waitresses at breakfast. I noticed that in Venice people in customer service were quite often rude even though we tried to be friendly, which made us appreciate the hotel staff even more.

The location of hotel Riviera is really convenient, right next to the vaporetto stop. Personally I wouldn't have stayed in central Venice even though it had been cheaper because it was really crowded with tourists. Of course there were tourists in Lido as well but not nearly as much as in the centre. And in Lido you can also enjoy the beaches and the hotel has its own beach umbrellas which guests can use for free.

If we ever return to Venice we will definitely stay at Hotel Riviera!

• Stayed: July 2009, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Catlady29
Reviewed 21 July 2009

This hotel was good value for money and positioned overlooking the 'lagoon' and opposite a Vaporetto stop, which made transport into central Venice very easy. However, as we discovered on the last morning, the vaporetto can be quite slow and if you have a train to catch you will need to catch the boat 1.5 - 2hrs beforehand to be absolutely safe...

In retrospect it probably would have been better to pay the E10 extra to be located in central Venice for us. Lido is a little holiday suburb overlooking a sub-standard beach (by Australian standards). It does, however, appear to be a popular destination for international travellers. I would recommend it for people who want to stay in Venice long term cheaply, and don't want to be in central Venice.

I would not recommend it for people only visiting for two days.

The rooms and service and particularly the breakfast were all excellent. No complaints here.

• Stayed: July 2009, travelled as a couple
1  Thank AussieFemale35
Reviewed 17 July 2009

Hi, we stayed at the Riviera for two nights, a Friday and Saturday. The room was very nice, quite large (although the bathroom was quite compact), clean and tidy with a comfy bed. The view from the balcony over to Venice was lovely even though we had a small crane right in front of the window. The road is quite busy in front of the hotel, with water buses and buses coming in as well as a new quay they are building for the water buses. However our room was very quiet the the buidling work, which continued at the weekend. didn't bother us at all. The break fast was fine with a good selection of the standard continetal breakfast stuff. The Lido itself was nice, more peaceful than Venice, although we didn't spend much time there.

Stayed: July 2009, travelled as a couple
1  Thank GigCoyle
Reviewed 13 May 2009

Now, keep in mind that we paid $59/night including taxes for this so we are super-happy. Very good location in Lido - 15 min by waterbus to St Marco square in Venice. Good breakfast. Relatively quiet. Rooms had good decor and were a bit smallish, but so what? - this is Europe, not Texas :-) The staff was friendly and stored out luggage for the whole day on the date of departure.

Overall, awesome value for the money.

• Stayed: May 2009, travelled as a couple
2  Thank a786374534
Reviewed 5 October 2008

We recently stayed at this hotel for three nights and would recommend the Riviera to anyone looking to stay in Venice. The hotel is right across from the boat stop to either Venice or to Murano. Boat #1 stops at this location and is the boat to take to Venice, including the length of the Grand Canal. The room we had was a good size with a decent size bathroom as well. The room and bathroom were quite clean. We had a room, facing the lagoon, which was quite nice to view from. The hotel is in Lido on a main street with good restaurants and a ten minute walk to the beach.

• Stayed: September 2008
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank pickleheadCranston