Riviera Hotel
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Hotel Cristallo -- Lido(Lido di Venezia)
  • Breakfast included
Hotel Belvedere(Lido di Venezia)
View Hotel
Hotel Panorama(Lido di Venezia)
  • Breakfast included
Hotel Giardinetto(Lido di Venezia)
  • Breakfast included
Hotel Helvetia(Lido di Venezia)
  • Restaurant
Villa Laguna(Lido di Venezia)
  • Breakfast included
Le Boulevard Hotel(Lido di Venezia)
  • Breakfast included
Hotel Rigel(Lido di Venezia)
  • Breakfast included
Villa Delle Palme(Lido di Venezia)
  • Breakfast included
Villa Edera Hotel(Lido di Venezia)
  • Breakfast included
All reviewswater busexcellent locationpastriesfirst floorcontinental selectionsingle roomquaint hotelthe hotel staffgrand canalvenetian stylest marks squarevenice pricesvisited this hotelbus stationmain islandlocal supermarketdirectly across the street
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 10 November 2010

I have stayed at this hotel both times I was in Venice. It has been a really good experience both times. It is walking distance to lido beach. You just walk down the street for about 10 minutes and you arrive. It is also very close to the Lido stop. The service is great. They are always very helpful at the front desk. They answer any questions that may come up. The breakfast is good. The rooms are spacious. The bathroom are small. I dont have any complaints.

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled with friends
1  Thank ye38
Reviewed 4 November 2010

Everyone else has covered all the great points on this hotel so it leaves me little to say except that I endorse them. The hotel is sumptious in character and decoration. It makes a pleasant change from the minimalist decor in more modern hotels. The only flaw was the noise from the traffic. We had a superb room - with a view - on the second floor and although there are shutters on the windows, I must say the noise did distract. Other than that we really enjoyed our stay and the room was one of the better shaped/designed/laid out rooms we've ever stayed in. The local restaurants do offer good value and quite tasty food. We were astounded to buy a 1.5 litre of water in the local supermarket for the princely sum of twenty cent! I spelt it out lest you thought I made a typo!

• Stayed: November 2010, travelled with family
Reviewed 2 November 2010

My wife and I stayed at the Riviera on the Lido in Venice at the end of October. The hotel was easy to find, straight off the number 51 water bus, which you get right outside the train station. We stayed for 3 days so it cost us 33 Euro’s each for a 72 hour pass, however this was something that we were going to need anyway, so wasn’t really an inconvenience, but if you wasn’t planning on jumping on and off the water bus then you might want to add this cost in to the total cost of the hotel?
The hotel is very spacious, you receive a friendly welcome on arrival, and when we got to the room we were pleasantly surprised at the size of the room. As it was quite cold we didn’t make much use of the lagoon view I had paid for, however I can imagine it being fantastic in the summer. The only down side to having this view is that in-between the hotel and the water is a road and a bus station… and this is where the only down side for me was, the noise off of the buses and cars. This did disturb my sleep a little, however I am a very light sleeper and it wasn’t very noisy just a little back ground noise really, my wife didn’t really notice.
The pluses far out way this little negative, as the hotel is clean, tidy and the Lido offers some reasonably priced restaurants and bars near by. Breakfast is good (as good as continental breakfasts can be lol) There is a TV in each room if you need it… but being in Venice I don’t you will have time to watch it. Wi fi is available at a cost (if you need it) and there is a sauna.
I would definitely return to this hotel again.

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank jassyblue80
Reviewed 31 October 2010

We were looking for a hotel that was easy to get to Venice. The hotel was elegant... with an amazing breakfast to start the day. The front desk was very helpful most of the time. They offered a free tour of the glass factory on Murano which was actually a bit of a waste of time. The "tour" was actually a high end glass shop that offered overpriced glass (in the 100's and 1000's of Euros) we wasted our morning waiting for the water taxi that was supposed to pick us up at the lobby and so we ended up leaving at 11am and wasted a morning when we could have gotten on the water bus and went over ourselves. The vaporatto is right across the street so that was very nice and it was a short ride over to Venice. It was a quiet location and there were some good restaurants nearby. The family room was great and we were thrilled with that... and my other members of the family had a room with a view from the lagoon... it was also nicely appointed rooms.

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled with family
Reviewed 12 October 2010

We first stayed at the Hotel Riviera in June 2009, though friends who should have been with us were unable to come due to family circumstances. So, we returned to Venice this year with our friends and took along another couple for good measure. We had been impressed with the Riviera last year for a number of reasons (overall quality - location - the view across the lagoon of the Venice skyline - from our balcony, watching cruise liners as they eased through the lagoon approaching and leaving Venice), so we suggested staying there again this year. Though our friends were happy to take at face value what we said about the Riviera, we were nevertheless a little anxious that we might have oversold the hotel and that they (almost inevitably) would be disappointed. We hadn't - and they weren't.
We had three adjacent double rooms on the first floor each with its own terrace (that we had noticed last year) and after a hard hot day tramping around Venice or the Lido, it was a decadent pleasure to be able to sit out on our terrace and watch the sun set over Venice. Gin and tonic or Campari and tonic within easy reach. Natch. (Personally I prefer the Lido to Venice itself. Sacrelige, I know!)
What else is there to say! This is the best three star hotel I have ever stayed in and I can't imagine why it's classified as "only" three star. Breakfast is good and as substantial as you want. I should make clear that we never had an evening meal at the hotel, preferring to seek out a new restaurant to dine at each evening during our 10-day stay. Getting to Venice by water bus is a doddle (and an added pleasure), as the water bus landing stage is just across the street from the hotel. (It's a minor irritation that a new landing stage is being built just opposite the hotel but that's not the hotel's fault - and it doesn't block the view of the Venice skyline. Perhaps if the well appointed and maintained bedrooms were bigger or the TV larger (never had it on) the hotel might aspire to four star status. For what it's worth, in my opinion this is a four star hotel masquerading as a three star hotel. If you don't want to stay in Venice itself but instead want to feel a lagoon breeze on your face while getting to and from Venice then stay on The Lido - at the Riviera. One final pointer for culture vultures and beach lovers. As I've said, it's easy to get to and from Venice by water bus - but a short walk from the hotel also takes you to the shores of the Adriatic. The hotel "owns" two sunbeds with parasols on the private beach and these are available to guests at no charge. Enjoy a day on the beach - a day in Venice., but you do have to book early on the day you want the sunbeds to be sure of getting them.

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled with friends