“Food average, service miserable”

Ristorante Gran Viale
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 18 August 2013

On the positive side, we had booked a table and it was available when we arrived despite them being very busy and turning people away. However the food was at best average and the service was extremely poor. The lady who served us went out of her way to avoid eye contact and just focus on what she wanted to do - no hint or acknowledgmnet that she recognised that we needed something. I had to ask 3 times for the bill whenever I was able to get anyones attention. If i had the exact money I would have left it and walked out but unfortunately i had to pay by card and that took another 20 minutes. I am not someone who doesn't enjoy a leisurely meal - but the slowness and the absence of anything which looked like a smile will mean that I never return here.

Reviewed 16 August 2013

I know this may sound like a cliche, but they really had some excellent pizzas, a lot of varienty on the menu. it was really good.

Reviewed 1 August 2013

We picked the Gran Viale as our final meal of a 5 day stay. The location and atmosphere is very good and the menu vast – which may be the issue. We found the starters and one of our main courses good – but the other three very disappointing. I would recommend this restaurant for a standard Italian meal – but nothing more than Pasta or Pizza’s.
This was the most expensive meal on our stay and the most disappointing.

Reviewed 10 July 2013

The food was very good , the staff were very friendly. The 2euro cover charge is clearly marked on the menu and compared to other places in venice is very cheap.we will be going back here again even if we are not staying on the lido .

Reviewed 30 June 2013

The waitress didn't make any fuss because we shared a pizza, which was really nice. The salad was just ok.