“Decent value for the Price”
Review of Villa Parco Hotel

Villa Parco Hotel
Ranked #33 of 33 Hotels in Lido di Venezia
Cincinnati, Ohio
“Decent value for the Price”
Reviewed 26 July 2010

Villa Parco was clearly once a lovely hotel. Nowadays it's a bit frayed around the edges- a makeover would do wonders. But if you're okay with that, the value can't be beat.

The residential area of Lido is a bit off the beaten path for Venice, so it's a relief to get away from the crowds. I've stayed twice at Villa Parco, and the service was always reliable, as was the internet access, and the room and sheets were clean. Like most European hotels, there is no central AC, but the room is kept cool by keeping the shades drawn, and with a small AC unit when necessary. The bathroom was also small (possibly because the shower was added to the room in recent decades) but I'm okay with that, since I only spend minutes there a day. Breakfast is available, and there are several vaporetto stops within walking distance. One pleasant surprise: the bed I had was possibly the firmest mattress I've ever slept on.

Given the advantages of Lido and the great rate for the rooms, I wouldn't want to stay anywhere else in Venice.

• Stayed June 2010, travelled with friends
1 Thank Detroiticus

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
  • Polish first
Liverpool
Reviewed 16 May 2010

This hotel is about a 10-15 minute walk down the Lido, not as far as we anticipated having looked at a map, and a very easy walk down the main road. There is also a bus (free if you've got a Vaporetto ticket other than a single) service which runs very frequently and takes 2 minutes (3rd stop having left the Vaporetto stop).

The staff were very nice and helpful and the hotel was attractive from the outside and in the lobby. The room, however, was shabby (faded carpet, peeling walls) and a little on the small side, but with a big bathroom. The shower was a bit rubbish and the room staff seemed undecided on how many towels we should have each day! We only had one thin pillow each and my friend's was extremely lumpy. When we asked to change it, the staff were unsure if there were any more because the hotel was full but did eventually find her one.

The website advertises an internet cable in every room and I didn't see any obvious sign of this. I had asked before going if there was free wifi and was told there was, however we could not access this in our room as the router was down in the basement and only reached as far as the 1st floor (we just sat in the lobby instead).

There was breakfast available downstairs in the basement, but we only knew this by chance as there was no information about it in the rooms and we weren't told about it by staff. We went to a local 'bar' about 5 minutes away instead (Bar Bepi - very nice croissants!).

All in all, you get what you pay for. I would recommend staying on the Lido, but would perhaps pick a nicer hotel next time.

• Stayed May 2010, travelled with friends
2 Thank sm99uk
Expat in Germany
Reviewed 11 May 2009

This hotel is a superb value. I went to Venice for stage one of Giro d' Italia and expected to pay top dollar for lodging. To my surprise this room was only 80 euro a night. I was very skeptical but took the chance as I was here for the race and the location was perfect. I had a nice large room with a very firm bed and crisp linens. I also had three additional cots in the room and could still move around easily. The bathroom needed some minor updating but was functional except for the shower head that I had to hold as it didn't fit properly in the holder. The staff was very helpful. The 5 euro breakfast is adaquet with fresh pastry, coffee, juice and granola.

• Stayed May 2009, travelled with family
2 Thank Angela R
india
Reviewed 21 April 2009

I had booked this hotel but because of last minute change in plan I had to cancel my booking, but the hotel reception guy was not helpful at all and did not even speak comprehensible english

Stayed March 2009

Travellers are raving about these Lido di Venezia hotels

Boston
Reviewed 16 November 2008

I was excited to be staying at the Villa Parco until about 2 minutes after my arrival. I booked my room for four people 1 week in advance. A few friends, who wanted to stay at the same hotel as us, booked 2 rooms a few days after us.

When 2 of the 4 people arrived at the (beautiful looking) hotel to claim our room, we were informed that, despite our reservations, they had no room for us. Instead, they had a room at a "comparable" hotel which was closer to the dock. They explained it as if they were doing us a favour, by booking a hotel closer to the boat transport. So, after trekking via bus and by foot TO the hotel, we had to trek all the way back, to their "sister" hotel: Hotel Reiter.

Unfortunately for us, Hotel Reiter was in no way, shape or form comparable to the type of facilities which we were paying for at Villa Parco. It was a 2-star hotel, and they expected the same payment as a 3-star. Not only that, but they tried to charge our 2 would-be roommates for our room that we had apparently "refused".

Bottom line: they lied to both us and the rest of our party, they pulled a bait-and-switch, they demanded payment for subpar facilities at a different hotel, and they failed to contact us before hand about any changes to our reservation. Furthermore, our friends who were staying at the hotel who reserved rooms AFTER us ended up receiving a room.

PS: There are also 6-in long crickets. Have fun.

• Liked — Couldn't tell you, I got as far as the front door
  • Disliked — Awful hotel management, crickets, communication, honesty etc etc etc
  • Stayed October 2008, travelled with friends
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank stargirl0223
london
Reviewed 22 March 2007

I was dissapointed when i got to the hotel because of the facility. The facility in the hotel is quite useless because the bathroom was not properly cleaned and the bed was rough and hard which made it diffcult to sleep on. The Tv in our room was not working i told the staff over the counter but he was not really helpfull. Also in the morning you need to que to use the iron in the hotel because their's only one iron in the hotel and you need to go into the utility room to use the iron which i found wa a bit annoying and unbelievable. The sofa at the reception are old and worn out but if you the type that likes old furnitures with some design style then you'll find the furniture interesting. Saying that communiting from the hotel to Tresviso airport is quite easy from the Hotel. Overall i believe you can get more value for money with a different hotel

• Stayed March 2007, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
4 Thank danielfugo
dfsdffd
Reviewed 19 January 2007

We had such a nice time here. The staff were so lovely and helped whenever they could. Well situated and right on the sea front. Great value for money!

Stayed July 2006