“excellent location with clean rooms.”
Review of Reiter Hotel

Reiter Hotel
Ranked #31 of 33 Hotels in Lido di Venezia
Reviewed 20 May 2014

Couldn't believe how ideally placed this hotel was, right in the middle of the main street on the lido. The rooms were cleans and we got fresh towels every day aswell as the staff being pleasant and friendly. Just a walk up the road and you get to the little water taxi station which can take you direct to venice or to the other little islands and a walk up the road in the opposite direction takes you to the beach. The only small complaint i did have was the noise that was created by young europeans on the friday and saturday night, it woke us up in the middle of the night with them running around and shouting, all i could think about was the couple in the room opposite had two young children with them.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank emmmm2013

Reviewed 6 May 2014 via mobile

Ok, so this is not a 5 star hotel, but my rating is based on my expectations. I am here now having arrived 2 days ago. I booked a single room for 3 night total 150 euros. Having extensively looked into venice hotels I quickly realised that if I wanted a hotel I was accustomed to, venice would have sunk before I could afford it. As a female travelling solo I had massive worries about my personal safety. So:
Pros:
1) 10-15 mins by vaporetto for san Marco. Now, having walked in numerous circles on day one in venice centre this is much quicker than any of those walks!!
2) san Marco and the popular areas are rammed with tourists. It is fabulous to come away from that to the lido for some tranquility, or even the beach which is a leisurely 5 mins walk taking a left as you leave the hotel.
3) my single room has a bed, ample size wardrobe for one person, bathroom with toilet and shower and a tv. Everything is clean and in working order. I can't speak for the tv as I do not intend to turn it on. I'm in Venice for goodness sake!!!!
4) a supermarket 2 mins away (billa) turning right as you leave the hotel.
5) lido is cheaper to eat and drink than the main tourist areas.

Cons
1) no bar in the hotel. The owner told me he wasn't allowed to serve alcohol. I really fancied a glass of wine last night after returning from the opera. Easily got around by a trip to the supermarket *open until 11.30)
2) the toilet continues flushing and doesn't refill properly. I ALWAYS have this problem on the continent and therefore sort it manually.
3) I would have liked a double bed, but I did book a single room.

It is basic. But what do you expect for 150 euros? Before the trip I was apprehensive but I am very pleased and would return. Anyone staying here MUST by vaporetto passes for the period of the stay. My 72 hr paid for itself after 24 hrs.

2  Thank neechofish
Reviewed 14 April 2014

I was pleasantly surprise... for the price I paid. It was clean, quiet and safe. Lido was such a pleasant and quaint neighbourhood. I was glad I stayed in Lido instead of the main Venetion island near San Marco.
Wish the staff spoke better English.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 13 April 2014

The Hotel Rieter is a great value for money hotel for staying in Venice. We got the 30 minute water taxi from the bus station and it was a quick walk then to the hotel. Great welcome and staff were friendly and helpful. Room is basic but had everything we needed and hot water in shower. The rooms were cleaned and beds made and clean towels for each day of our stay. I liked being on the Lido as it felt like we were on a beach holiday (being a 5 minute walk to the beach) and great restaurants to chose from and also not the expensive prices for eating out as if we were staying in Venice yet we could jump on the water taxi and be in St Marks Square in no time. So yes it is 7 euros to travel on the waterbus to get anywhere but you save on eating out and a great value hotel price so I feel that it was still a good deal.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 7 April 2014

The Reiter Hotel is an ok cheap hotel in Lido. The rooms are scant but clean. The bathroom was extremely small. The beds are very uncomfortable, and the shower head was awful. We checked in around 8pm and the owner/sole worker (?) at the hotel wouldn't let us pay by credit card, as it was apparently too late. Additionally, if you come in past a certain time (it wasn't that late... maybe 11pm?), the outside door is locked and you have to wake him up in order for him to even let you in to the hotel. The same thing happens if you check out early enough in the morning (we had a relatively early flight to catch). They REALLY need more employees working there. Or should give a key to the main door to guests.

The best part about the hotel is the location - it's a quick 5 minute walk to the ferry terminal, with boats running 24 hours. If you are looking for anything to do in Lido though, don't get your hopes up. We found that most restaurants in the area were closed early so we couldn't even grab a late-ish dinner.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank Kristin L
Reviewed 26 February 2014

I have to say, reading some reviews before I stayed here i thought it would be a dump. Its completely fine. I was not expecting a single bed, haha but the room was clean. Closer to an hours ride on the vaporetto from the station, 20 minutes from saint marks square. Note the vaporetto is very expensive!! Easy to find, walk 200m down the main street. Sound insulation needs massive improvememt. Noise comes into the room like there is an open window. Very loud, and windows vibrate like crazy when the bus passes. Dont go to the restaurant next door, you do not get a discount like they say, and small meal sizes.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank CaitlinBailey190
Reviewed 28 January 2014

The Hotel was very clean and the staff was very nice (they even spoke some English). Although it was located on Lido Island, it was situated on the main street full of restaurants. It was very easy to find and much cheaper than the hotels in Venice directly. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple