We wanted to stay off the mainland to save a bit of money. I think Lido itself is really pretty and an excellent alternative to staying on the mainland. There's a lovely beach, lots of bars and restaurants and a bit more greenery than Venice. It's a short boat ride to Venice on the vaparetto - although do have a bit of a think about the best kind of ticket to buy as it's pretty expensive. We made the mistake of buying two 24 hour tickets instead of 48 hour tickets which would have saved us about €30!
Anyway, the hotel was nice enough. We arrived quite late at night and we were checked in very quickly. The room was clean and the bathroom was modern. Our only real gripe was that it was advertised as having a sea view/view of the hotel grounds, but only the latter was true; we couldn't see the sea at all. We only made it to breakfast once, but as we are vegan, hotel breakfasts aren't usually worth getting out of bed for as they are mostly made of ham and cheese >.< seemed OK to us though. There are a number of small bars lining the main street including a great bar on a bus which was about 5 mins down the road. The owner made me a vegetable sandwich, which was very nice of him. It's about a 15 min walk to the vaparetto station and nearby to the station are a number of shops, cafes, restaurants and gelaterias. There is also a supermarket called 'Billa' which doesn't look much like a supermarket from the outside as all the window displays surrounding it were all clothing...definitely a useful tip if you want to pick up snacks before you leave, buying food in Venice is really pricey.
All in all, a good deal for the price and nicely located.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A first class hotel that is an old style venetian building; all rooms are elegantly decorated and furnished. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Jet2Holidays , Booking.com, Expedia, LoveHolidays, Travel Republic (UK), Agoda, Hotels.com, Evoline ltd, Ebookers, HotelsClick, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com, 5viajes2012 S.L. and Cancelon so you can book your Venezia 2000 Hotel & Residence reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Venezia 2000 Hotel And Residence
- Venezia 2000 Hotel & Residence Province Of Venice, Italy
- Venezia 2000 Venice