Venezia 2000 Hotel & Residence
US$160
Hotel Panorama(Lido di Venezia)
US$202
US$179
  • Breakfast included
Hotel Villa Mabapa(Lido di Venezia)
US$181
US$169
Agoda.com
Russo Palace Hotel(Lido di Venezia)(Great Value!)
US$206
Official Hotel Site
  • Breakfast included
Villa Laguna(Lido di Venezia)
US$201
US$171
  • Breakfast included
Hotel Villa Pannonia(Lido di Venezia)(Great Value!)
US$147
US$142
  • Bar/Lounge
US$448
US$315
  • Pool
Residence Le Ville del Lido(Lido di Venezia)(Great Value!)
US$218
US$164
Agoda.com
Riviera Hotel(Lido di Venezia)(Great Value!)
US$127
TripAdvisor
  • Restaurant
Hotel Sorriso(Lido di Venezia)(Great Value!)
All reviewsopposite the beachthe bussea viewstreet barlovely hotelfourth floormin walkaway from the hustle and bustlewould highly recommend this hoteltravel kettlestayed here for nightsquiet locationcleaned every daylido islandwater bussesair conditioningdecent size
Reviewed 6 June 2009

We chose this hotel mainly because it was very good value compared to what you'd get for the price in actual Venice itself. Getting to the island of Lido is no problem at all, when you arrive at Marco Polo airport, i strongly recommend you get a 2 or 3 day travel pass, they allow you to get as many buses and boats as you want, without the hassle of paying each time, ans also save you a lot of money. Get the number 5 ACTV bus just outside the teminal, its a 25 min journey into Venice. Then from there get the number 51 ACTV vaporetto(Boat) straight to the Lido. A word of warning, the map on the hotel's website shows where the car ferry lands at the Lido, NOT where this number 51 boat lands, which is what most likely you'll be on. To save yourself the stress of walking in the wrong direction, i recommend getting a taxi to the hotel when you first arrive, then you can see how to get from the hotel to the waterstop, because the hotel isn't that easy to find. The hotel itself is fairly nice, staff are helpful and the rooms are a good size and spotless. The walls are very thin and we had noisy people next door, we could hear everything. I found the beds uncomfortable too. The restaurant is pricey when all service charges and taxes are included, but then so is everywhere in Venice! Overall it's a good base for a short trip to Venice, and good value too.

• Stayed: March 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 January 2009

Having read the other reviews, I'll try to explain why some people had a less-than-ideal experience.

Location
The hotel is NOT near central Venice, which some people may find to be a drawback, but is in fact a benefit unless you are trying to see all of Venice in 2 days (which is crazy): by staying here you are away from the noise and the tourists. It is a quiet location, set back from street with very little traffic.

Transport to central Venice
Unless you are very elderly or very unfit, it will not take more than 12 minutes to walk from the hotel to the vaporetto (water-bus) stop. But there is a bus-stop DIRECTLY outside the hotel, with a bus every 20 minutes, that runs very punctually, so it is very easy to walk out of the hotel, wait a couple of minutes for the bus, and be at the vaporetto 5 mins later. The vaporetto service is also punctual, with several different routes to central Venice and other islands, so if you make a note of the timetables, you should never had to wait more than a few minutes. And if you do? Hey, you;re on vacation, take it easy and watch the locals going about their business!

Rooms
I visited with two friends -- we all had very nice rooms. They each had a view of the sea, I had a courtyard-facing room with a large balcony with a table, chairs, and sun-loungers. The decor was recent and in good condition throughout. My only complaint was that that I had noisy neighbours one night, and realised that the walls are too thin.

Staff
We found the reception staff to be helpful (for example they were happy to phone a restaurant for us, to make reservations in Italian).

Price
Whether or not you think this place is good value will depend on what you pay. I would strongly recommend visiting Venice out-of-season, when there are far fewer tourists, and absolute bargains can be had. The official room-rate was something like 260 Euros per night, but in late November we paid 35 Euros per night!

Restaurant and Breakfast
We did not eat in the restaurant in the evening, so I can't comment, but the breakfast was average or above-average, with a wide choice of croissants, breads, cold meats, fruit, yoghurt, cereals, etc.

• Stayed: November 2008, travelled with friends
3  Thank JdeP
Reviewed 2 November 2008

stayed here for 3 nights at end of October '08. easy to check in. helpful staff. clean room. large, comfy bed. Shower room was great, well above my expectations. we also had a large balcony. TV was mainly italian channels but a couple of Uk ones. mini bar was too tempting we had a mini bottle of bubbly and a beer for 8 euros.

Bus stop outside goes right into the main street and to vaporetto stop. you can walk, but we did enohgt of that around Venice.

Some okay places to eat along the main street, selling pizza/pasta /ice-creams etc also a supermarket and tourist shops. We ate in the hotel restuarant on our last night, we had bruchetta, lasagna, pizza and dessert. food was good/okay but the desserts were frozen/shop bought variety.

Buffet breakfast was again okay: croissants, ham, salami, cheese, bread rolls, cornflakes, coco-pops, fruit salad, boiled eggs. kept us going until lunch.

Husband used the internet once.

Overall I would say this is a good base and a lot cheaper than staying in Venice itself. It only took 10-15 mins to reach Venice by Vaporettto.

• Stayed: October 2008, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 9 October 2008

I chose this hotel for my 4 days stay in Venice after reading the good reviews it had in tripadvisor. My experience was not that good, although not too bad either. First of all, if you choose to walk from the vaporetto stop to the hotel, it's not 10 minutes, but a 20. It's true that you have a bus stop in front of the hotel, and you can take the bus every 20 minutes. It takes only about 3 minutes from the hotel to the vaporetto stop by bus.

When we arrived to the place, they gave me probably the worst room in the hotel, next to the parking lot! It looked terrible and we felt unsafe being outside. I had to complain and ask for another room. Fortunately, I could get another room that was quite ok.
We were there on September 15, 2008. Weather was not bad, but when the sun goes down it's cold in Venice. So when we arrived to our room, we felt it was cold there too. We tried to switch on the heater and it didn't work. We tried then with the air conditioning unit, but it had only the option for cold air. We went to the reception and the man there told us: "It's September. No heater. If you cold, use the blanket that's inside the closet". Great answer!
After that we tried to watch TV for a while. But there was no remote control. We had to
go again to the reception, where the man gave us the control.
I have to tell you, the staff is not what you could say "nice", but quite rude in general.
Breakfast was nothing special, though not really bad. The liquid that they say is orange juice was impossible to drink, it was worse than Tang and the coffee came out of a vending machine! Undrinkable. At least they had tea bags and milk.

The day we left the hotel, the clerk asked for the remote control, so we had to go back to the room to give it to him. What did he expect? That I was going to steal it or what? It wasn’t even a universal control that you could use everywhere. Then something happened that I think was unacceptable. The clerk asked me: Did you have something from the minibar? I said no. After that, in front of me, he called the cleaning lady and ask her in Italian to check the minibar. I could understand it perfectly because I have studied Italian for two years. So the maid returned and said: "Everything's there", and the clerk told to me: "Ok, have a nice trip". Very, very inappropriate.
So this is my experience. Did I have a bad time there? Not really. Could have been better? Yes, much better.

• Stayed: September 2008, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 16 August 2008

We stayed here for 5 nights. It was a nice hotel with big lounge, free internet and a solarium on the roof. The staff was very helpfull and kind (especially the cleaning ladies!). The desk-staff had a good knowledge of English.
Our room really appeared to be new : no scratch on the furniture or walls, very clean and fresh, airco, and a view over the sea. Nice, clean bathroom.
The breakfast was a bit poor, no variety. The spaghetti in the restaurant was delicous, but I won't recommend eating pizza there. The location was fantastic : in front of the beach and a 10 minutes walk away from the vaporetto stop (very easy to reach Venice). Venice itself was very crowded, so it was nice to relax afterwards on the Lido.
Would definitely go back to this hotel.

• Stayed: August 2008, travelled as a couple