“Lovely hotel, good location, very affordable off-season”

Venezia 2000 Hotel & Residence
Ranked #6 of 33 Hotels in Lido di Venezia
Sofia
“Lovely hotel, good location, very affordable off-season”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 June 2009

We've been to this hotel in March 2009. I was really amazed to find something that cheap (55 EUR double room, internet rate) in Venice so expected something a bit crappy. I was surprised to find, however, a very clean, nice, excellently located hotel!

Spacious rooms (no terrace :( ), renovated bathroom, view to the sea! A bus stop just in front of the hotel. Car parking inside, nice garden. The so-called Lido island is accessible with their water transport, and ferry, we were 5 mins from the main square by water, and at a very good location to access all other popular islands. The staff was very polite, there was free internet in the lobby.

The restaurant was good, though didn't like the service so much.

If I go again to Venice off-season, would definitely stay in this hotel again. The prices during high season were announced to be 150 EUR though...which seems a bit high to me.

• Stayed March 2009, travelled with friends

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (68)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
london
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 June 2009

I was there with my girlfriend, the hotel is not on Venice city but on the island of Lido very closed to the beach. . We really appriciated the calm of the Lido after a day in the very crowded street of Venice ( the boat trip from venice to the lido take about 15min).
The hotel was very clean, we had a room with a private terrace wich was a good plus. The staff were very helpfull, specially Secondina .
I will definitly recommend this hotel to my friends.

• Stayed May 2009, travelled as a couple
London
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 June 2009

This hotel was a good base to explore Venice. About a 15 min boat trip to the major sights. The room was large and comfortable. The breakfast typical continental style of breads, cheeses and ham etc. You get what you pay for.

• Stayed March 2009, travelled with friends
Dublin, Ireland
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 June 2009

We chose this hotel mainly because it was very good value compared to what you'd get for the price in actual Venice itself. Getting to the island of Lido is no problem at all, when you arrive at Marco Polo airport, i strongly recommend you get a 2 or 3 day travel pass, they allow you to get as many buses and boats as you want, without the hassle of paying each time, ans also save you a lot of money. Get the number 5 ACTV bus just outside the teminal, its a 25 min journey into Venice. Then from there get the number 51 ACTV vaporetto(Boat) straight to the Lido. A word of warning, the map on the hotel's website shows where the car ferry lands at the Lido, NOT where this number 51 boat lands, which is what most likely you'll be on. To save yourself the stress of walking in the wrong direction, i recommend getting a taxi to the hotel when you first arrive, then you can see how to get from the hotel to the waterstop, because the hotel isn't that easy to find. The hotel itself is fairly nice, staff are helpful and the rooms are a good size and spotless. The walls are very thin and we had noisy people next door, we could hear everything. I found the beds uncomfortable too. The restaurant is pricey when all service charges and taxes are included, but then so is everywhere in Venice! Overall it's a good base for a short trip to Venice, and good value too.

• Stayed March 2009, travelled as a couple
London
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 January 2009

Having read the other reviews, I'll try to explain why some people had a less-than-ideal experience.

Location
The hotel is NOT near central Venice, which some people may find to be a drawback, but is in fact a benefit unless you are trying to see all of Venice in 2 days (which is crazy): by staying here you are away from the noise and the tourists. It is a quiet location, set back from street with very little traffic.

Transport to central Venice
Unless you are very elderly or very unfit, it will not take more than 12 minutes to walk from the hotel to the vaporetto (water-bus) stop. But there is a bus-stop DIRECTLY outside the hotel, with a bus every 20 minutes, that runs very punctually, so it is very easy to walk out of the hotel, wait a couple of minutes for the bus, and be at the vaporetto 5 mins later. The vaporetto service is also punctual, with several different routes to central Venice and other islands, so if you make a note of the timetables, you should never had to wait more than a few minutes. And if you do? Hey, you;re on vacation, take it easy and watch the locals going about their business!

Rooms
I visited with two friends -- we all had very nice rooms. They each had a view of the sea, I had a courtyard-facing room with a large balcony with a table, chairs, and sun-loungers. The decor was recent and in good condition throughout. My only complaint was that that I had noisy neighbours one night, and realised that the walls are too thin.

Staff
We found the reception staff to be helpful (for example they were happy to phone a restaurant for us, to make reservations in Italian).

Price
Whether or not you think this place is good value will depend on what you pay. I would strongly recommend visiting Venice out-of-season, when there are far fewer tourists, and absolute bargains can be had. The official room-rate was something like 260 Euros per night, but in late November we paid 35 Euros per night!

Restaurant and Breakfast
We did not eat in the restaurant in the evening, so I can't comment, but the breakfast was average or above-average, with a wide choice of croissants, breads, cold meats, fruit, yoghurt, cereals, etc.

• Liked — Price; value for money; big room
  • Disliked — Thin walls
  • Stayed November 2008, travelled with friends
3 Thank JdeP
RUTLAND
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 November 2008

stayed here for 3 nights at end of October '08. easy to check in. helpful staff. clean room. large, comfy bed. Shower room was great, well above my expectations. we also had a large balcony. TV was mainly italian channels but a couple of Uk ones. mini bar was too tempting we had a mini bottle of bubbly and a beer for 8 euros.

Bus stop outside goes right into the main street and to vaporetto stop. you can walk, but we did enohgt of that around Venice.

Some okay places to eat along the main street, selling pizza/pasta /ice-creams etc also a supermarket and tourist shops. We ate in the hotel restuarant on our last night, we had bruchetta, lasagna, pizza and dessert. food was good/okay but the desserts were frozen/shop bought variety.

Buffet breakfast was again okay: croissants, ham, salami, cheese, bread rolls, cornflakes, coco-pops, fruit salad, boiled eggs. kept us going until lunch.

Husband used the internet once.

Overall I would say this is a good base and a lot cheaper than staying in Venice itself. It only took 10-15 mins to reach Venice by Vaporettto.

• Liked — REASONABLE PRICE FOR LOCATION
  • Disliked — NOT WELL LIT AT NIGHTTIME ALONF THE LIDO
  • Stayed October 2008, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
London, United Kingdom
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 October 2008

I chose this hotel for my 4 days stay in Venice after reading the good reviews it had in tripadvisor. My experience was not that good, although not too bad either. First of all, if you choose to walk from the vaporetto stop to the hotel, it's not 10 minutes, but a 20. It's true that you have a bus stop in front of the hotel, and you can take the bus every 20 minutes. It takes only about 3 minutes from the hotel to the vaporetto stop by bus.

When we arrived to the place, they gave me probably the worst room in the hotel, next to the parking lot! It looked terrible and we felt unsafe being outside. I had to complain and ask for another room. Fortunately, I could get another room that was quite ok.
We were there on September 15, 2008. Weather was not bad, but when the sun goes down it's cold in Venice. So when we arrived to our room, we felt it was cold there too. We tried to switch on the heater and it didn't work. We tried then with the air conditioning unit, but it had only the option for cold air. We went to the reception and the man there told us: "It's September. No heater. If you cold, use the blanket that's inside the closet". Great answer!
After that we tried to watch TV for a while. But there was no remote control. We had to
go again to the reception, where the man gave us the control.
I have to tell you, the staff is not what you could say "nice", but quite rude in general.
Breakfast was nothing special, though not really bad. The liquid that they say is orange juice was impossible to drink, it was worse than Tang and the coffee came out of a vending machine! Undrinkable. At least they had tea bags and milk.

The day we left the hotel, the clerk asked for the remote control, so we had to go back to the room to give it to him. What did he expect? That I was going to steal it or what? It wasn’t even a universal control that you could use everywhere. Then something happened that I think was unacceptable. The clerk asked me: Did you have something from the minibar? I said no. After that, in front of me, he called the cleaning lady and ask her in Italian to check the minibar. I could understand it perfectly because I have studied Italian for two years. So the maid returned and said: "Everything's there", and the clerk told to me: "Ok, have a nice trip". Very, very inappropriate.
So this is my experience. Did I have a bad time there? Not really. Could have been better? Yes, much better.

• Stayed September 2008, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)