I was pleasantly surprised upon arriving at this hotel, the hotel is in a fab location, just two minute walk from the main ferry stop, very easy to get from Marco Polo Airport. There is a supermarket selling virtually everything a few minutes walk away, and lots of coffee shops and cafes on your doorstep.
The entrance to the hotel is grander than the interior, which is very nice, but I wouldn’t say a 4*. Our room was very comfortable and had the space that we needed, very comfy beds. I stayed with my friend in a twin room. The rooms have SKY TV if needed, but I didn’t go to Venice to watch TV. The breakfast included was typical Italian, which I very much enjoy. Bread rolls, home-made cake, lots of jams and a hot buffet on offer. We did not eat at the hotel for dinner as there are so my lovely restaurants around San Marco Piazza and a lovely Pizzeria across the road from the hotel which served great food and which was very cheap! Expect to pay €8 for a delicious pizza.
Please note there is a tourist info office on the same side as the hotel nearer the ferry terminal which the reception at the hotel failed to inform us of, the lady at the tourist office was extremely helpful, and gave us lots of Italian chocolates too.
We did not use the spa as it seemed rather expensive €95 for a massage! But overall the hotel was fantastic I have no complaints. And if ever in Venice again which I'm sure I will be. I would definitely stay here again, well worth the money!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Grande Albergo AUSONIA & HUGARIA is a historic residence in Venice with a one-of-a-kind atmosphere with a Thai SPA and wellness center. The hotel is just a few minutes from the dock where the "vaporetto", the local public water-bus transportation, leave every 10 minutes for Saint Mark's Square, the downtown of Venice. The suggestive boat trip is just 10 minutes long and takes you through the Saint Mark's basin.The hotel is a welcoming gem in Liberty style with period furniture, large frescoed halls, perfect for any type of event, a renowned restaurant and rooms with every comfort for a romantic and exclusive stay.Every year, many national and international stars select the Grande Albergo Ausonia & Hungaria for their stay in Lido during the Mostra Internazionale d’Arte Cinematografica (the Venice Film Festival) to appreciate the beauty and charm of the timeless structure and the superior service. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Priceline, Ebookers, Agoda, Odigeo, TravelUp, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Grande Albergo Ausonia & Hungaria reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Grande Albergo Ausonia And Hungaria Wellness & Spa On Venice Lido Hotel
- Grande Albergo Ausonia & Hungaria Province Of Venice, Italy