We booked this hotel for a 5 day break to celebrate our silver wedding anniversary and were not at all disappointed. All the staff were very pleasant and helpful. Assistance was offered with our luggage but wasn't required. A complimentary bottle of Prosecco was placed in our room on arrival. The room & bathroom were very clean and serviced every day. The hairdryer in the bathroom was one of those wall mounted ones which aren't particularly efficient so I requested a better one from reception and was told I could keep it for the remainder of our stay. Breakfast was varied and plentiful.
Our intention was to spend most of our time in Central Venice so we purchased an Alilaguna waterbus pass before our trip on line which we collected at the boat departure pier at Marco Polo airport , a well signposted 7 minute walk from the airport terminal. We definitely had our money's worth with this pass as we used it every day travelling to and from San Marco and other stops.
After lots of walking and sightseeing in Venice we returned to Lido in the early evenings. The hotel bar & terrace enabled us to appreciate the beautiful exterior of the buliding whist relaxing with an Aperol Spritz.There are plenty of restaurants to choose from close to the hotel.
There's a bicycle hire shop approx 5 mins walk from the hotel, so we hired a surry on our last afternoon and had a lovely time cycling around the island with little effort as Lido is quite flat. We would love to visit Venice and Lido again and would recommend the Grande Albergo Ausonia & Hungaria to others.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Grande Albergo AUSONIA & HUGARIA is a historic residence in Venice with a one-of-a-kind atmosphere with a Thai SPA and wellness center. The hotel is just a few minutes from the dock where the "vaporetto", the local public water-bus transportation, leave every 10 minutes for Saint Mark's Square, the downtown of Venice. The suggestive boat trip is just 10 minutes long and takes you through the Saint Mark's basin.The hotel is a welcoming gem in Liberty style with period furniture, large frescoed halls, perfect for any type of event, a renowned restaurant and rooms with every comfort for a romantic and exclusive stay.Every year, many national and international stars select the Grande Albergo Ausonia & Hungaria for their stay in Lido during the Mostra Internazionale d’Arte Cinematografica (the Venice Film Festival) to appreciate the beauty and charm of the timeless structure and the superior service. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Ebookers, Priceline, TravelUp, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, Agoda, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Grande Albergo Ausonia & Hungaria reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Grande Albergo Ausonia And Hungaria Wellness & Spa On Venice Lido Hotel
- Grande Albergo Ausonia & Hungaria Province Of Venice, Italy