We booked this hotel some time before our trip as it was a good price, non-refundable. As the time got nearer we were a bit concerned by some of the reviews. As soon as we arrived however, we were pleased. The hotel has a lovely exterior and is much photographed by passers-by. The interior is nicer than indicated by some reviewers - it is an old building after all - reminiscent of old films. Our room was a standard one and was lovely. It had everything we needed: comfortable beds, good shower and even a safe - no complaints. Breakfast was served in a lovely sunny orangery at the back of the hotel and there was a hot option of scrambled eggs and bacon which was very enjoyable - it's lovely when you don't have to cook it yourself! The only comment I would make is that because the hotel is old the noise transfers easily when people walk along corridors. We were disturbed a couple of times by people coming in late, but it was not a big problem. The hotel is ideally situated on the 'strip' that runs from the water bus stop - to the beach - 5-10 mins in either direction. There are lots of shops and restaurants along the strip. We ate in a couple of the restaurants across the road from the hotel and the food was good - watch out for the service charge or cover charge - they always catch you out with one of them. Of particular note was an Asian restaurant which was on the same side as the hotel just a few yards down the road in the direction of the beach (can't remember the name) - we had an absolutely fabulous meal there - so fresh and tasty - it was delicious. On the final evening we ate in the hotel restaurant and the food was lovely and the bill cheaper than in some of the local restaurants (10% discount for hotel guests) - so that is recommended too. We spent an afternoon in the spa and wouldn't recommend that - expensive and tiny - the 'quiet' area is situated between the showers and the jacuzzi with no walls to deaden the noise - waste of space. Would happily go to this hotel again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Grande Albergo AUSONIA & HUGARIA is a historic residence in Venice with a one-of-a-kind atmosphere with a Thai SPA and wellness center. The hotel is just a few minutes from the dock where the "vaporetto", the local public water-bus transportation, leave every 10 minutes for Saint Mark's Square, the downtown of Venice. The suggestive boat trip is just 10 minutes long and takes you through the Saint Mark's basin.The hotel is a welcoming gem in Liberty style with period furniture, large frescoed halls, perfect for any type of event, a renowned restaurant and rooms with every comfort for a romantic and exclusive stay.Every year, many national and international stars select the Grande Albergo Ausonia & Hungaria for their stay in Lido during the Mostra Internazionale d’Arte Cinematografica (the Venice Film Festival) to appreciate the beauty and charm of the timeless structure and the superior service. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with 5viajes2012 S.L., Booking.com, Odigeo, Expedia, HotelQuickly, Agoda, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, LateRooms, HotelsClick, Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your Grande Albergo Ausonia & Hungaria reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Grande Albergo Ausonia And Hungaria Wellness & Spa On Venice Lido Hotel
- Grande Albergo Ausonia & Hungaria Province Of Venice, Italy