After enduring a water taxi ride from Venice,and a short 10 minute walk to the hotel i was met by what i can only describe as a photo from baroque France.The exterior reeked of the early french period with its ornamental protrusions.Inside it seemed the same old but smart.Reception was small but caters for the throng of people that attend here.The lift is old and tired but gets you to your floor.I found the rooms to be quite old fashioned,with the floor actually at a slope to the building.The bathroom was again showing its age ,and the basics were to be had.The bed was large compared to the size of the room but did not have any luxury facilities.The dining room could cater for a small crowd and the breakfast was basic to say the least.The only downside was that as the flooring was wood it became noisy when people walked along the corridor.Any noise drifted.Nearby the hotel is the main street,bordered with a good variety of eating houses.The prices of the food varied according to the nationality and dish being ordered.Some prices for similar food varied within shops close to each other.Not far was the main beach for the island.It has a long beachfront and a gentle slope for swimming.On beachfront is a hall and eating facility.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Grande Albergo AUSONIA & HUGARIA is a historic residence in Venice with a one-of-a-kind atmosphere with a Thai SPA and wellness center. The hotel is just a few minutes from the dock where the "vaporetto", the local public water-bus transportation, leave every 10 minutes for Saint Mark's Square, the downtown of Venice. The suggestive boat trip is just 10 minutes long and takes you through the Saint Mark's basin.The hotel is a welcoming gem in Liberty style with period furniture, large frescoed halls, perfect for any type of event, a renowned restaurant and rooms with every comfort for a romantic and exclusive stay.Every year, many national and international stars select the Grande Albergo Ausonia & Hungaria for their stay in Lido during the Mostra Internazionale d’Arte Cinematografica (the Venice Film Festival) to appreciate the beauty and charm of the timeless structure and the superior service. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, Travel Republic (UK), Nozio Netplan srl, TripOnline SA, Expedia, 5viajes2012 S.L., Hotels.com, HotelsClick, Ebookers, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Grande Albergo Ausonia & Hungaria reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Grande Albergo Ausonia And Hungaria Wellness & Spa On Venice Lido Hotel
- Grande Albergo Ausonia & Hungaria Province Of Venice, Italy