It was my first time to Venice so had no idea what was where etc etc. I chose this hotel because it looked good and was a reasonable price (for Venice). Got off at the Lido boat stop OK and walked up the pleasant street of cafes to the hotel. Very impressive frontage but once through the door it becomes very ordinary and in places a bit tatty. Small reception desk manned by very helpful staff who told us which boats to catch etc in perfect English. We were on the 4th floor and the room was OK apart from the shower. The shower cubicle had a hole in the corner so water would pour all over the floor. We had to use all the towels to mop up the puddles. It is also a power shower so beware, as when I got in the shower placed the head away from me and turned it on, the power is so great it swung round and sprayed me full in the face with cold water! The beds are great if you like them very very firm. Warning - close the window at night. We left it open and I was bitten 15 times by mosquitoes which are still healing 3 weeks on. Breakfast is disappointing with scrambled liquid egg and overdone bacon. Drinks are self service from a coffee machine and only with luke warm water. We had to beg for a pot of boiled water for some tea. Drinks outside in the evening on sofas by the outside bar were very pleasant. You get 15 mins free WiFi a day which is fine for checking emails etc but all the TV channels are in Italian. In summary it's a perfectly adequate hotel but If I returned to Venice I would probably stay near St Marks square.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Grande Albergo AUSONIA & HUGARIA is a historic residence in Venice with a one-of-a-kind atmosphere with a Thai SPA and wellness center. The hotel is just a few minutes from the dock where the "vaporetto", the local public water-bus transportation, leave every 10 minutes for Saint Mark's Square, the downtown of Venice. The suggestive boat trip is just 10 minutes long and takes you through the Saint Mark's basin.The hotel is a welcoming gem in Liberty style with period furniture, large frescoed halls, perfect for any type of event, a renowned restaurant and rooms with every comfort for a romantic and exclusive stay.Every year, many national and international stars select the Grande Albergo Ausonia & Hungaria for their stay in Lido during the Mostra Internazionale d’Arte Cinematografica (the Venice Film Festival) to appreciate the beauty and charm of the timeless structure and the superior service. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Odigeo, Priceline, Agoda, Ebookers, TravelUp, Traveltool, S.L.U., HRS and HotelQuickly so you can book your Grande Albergo Ausonia & Hungaria reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Grande Albergo Ausonia And Hungaria Wellness & Spa On Venice Lido Hotel
- Grande Albergo Ausonia & Hungaria Province Of Venice, Italy