We stayed four days in a junior suite which was nice. They brought us a crib for our infant and the room was clean and pretty nice and spacious. The breakfast was good. All in all, a good stay.Only complaints were; the TV... weird cable channel programming, hard to understand and they took our passports for an hour... note to hotel: people do not like giving their passports away for any period of time. Small complaints for a nice hotel.
Ok, as for the rest of the Lido, it was really nice, lots of places to eat and shop and once you get the hang of the water taxi, it's a breeze. My only real complaint about the entire trip to Venice and in particular, the Lido area was the condition of the beach on Lido. Maybe it was off season, but the amount of trash on the beach was disgusting. I'm from San Diego and it can get pretty dirty on the forth of July but it is generally cleaned up in few hours after the celebration.. and kept that way.
The hotel was great though.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Grande Albergo AUSONIA & HUGARIA is a historic residence in Venice with a one-of-a-kind atmosphere with a Thai SPA and wellness center. The hotel is just a few minutes from the dock where the "vaporetto", the local public water-bus transportation, leave every 10 minutes for Saint Mark's Square, the downtown of Venice. The suggestive boat trip is just 10 minutes long and takes you through the Saint Mark's basin.The hotel is a welcoming gem in Liberty style with period furniture, large frescoed halls, perfect for any type of event, a renowned restaurant and rooms with every comfort for a romantic and exclusive stay.Every year, many national and international stars select the Grande Albergo Ausonia & Hungaria for their stay in Lido during the Mostra Internazionale d’Arte Cinematografica (the Venice Film Festival) to appreciate the beauty and charm of the timeless structure and the superior service. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Agoda, Expedia, HotelQuickly, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, 5viajes2012 S.L., Ebookers, LateRooms, HotelsClick, Evoline ltd, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your Grande Albergo Ausonia & Hungaria reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Grande Albergo Ausonia And Hungaria Wellness & Spa On Venice Lido Hotel
- Grande Albergo Ausonia & Hungaria Province Of Venice, Italy