I booked this hotel via a Travelzoo offer for three nights. It was part of a trip to take my 82 year old mother to see Venice; only her second time abroad in her life! I was a little worried about finding the Hotel by myself but it turned out to be very easy - we took one of the water taxis which take up to 12 people and that worked very well. When we turned up outside the hotel my mother couldn't believe it was the right place - it does look very grand! I had emailed the hotel previously and also arranged an upgraded room - this was very nice indeed and we have no complaints about the cleanliness, standards or décor. Perhaps the standard rooms are not so good? Breakfast was so superb every day we hardly needed to worry about lunch. We had dinner in the hotel on one night - this was very good although quite expensive but so is everything in Venice. There are lots of other restaurants nearby so you have good choice. The hotel is out on the Lido and not in the central bustle but this made it very peaceful and my mother loved having the scenic boatride each day.
I would love to return to Venice and would stay here again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Grande Albergo AUSONIA & HUGARIA is a historic residence in Venice with a one-of-a-kind atmosphere with a Thai SPA and wellness center. The hotel is just a few minutes from the dock where the "vaporetto", the local public water-bus transportation, leave every 10 minutes for Saint Mark's Square, the downtown of Venice. The suggestive boat trip is just 10 minutes long and takes you through the Saint Mark's basin.The hotel is a welcoming gem in Liberty style with period furniture, large frescoed halls, perfect for any type of event, a renowned restaurant and rooms with every comfort for a romantic and exclusive stay.Every year, many national and international stars select the Grande Albergo Ausonia & Hungaria for their stay in Lido during the Mostra Internazionale d’Arte Cinematografica (the Venice Film Festival) to appreciate the beauty and charm of the timeless structure and the superior service. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Odigeo, Agoda, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, Cancelon, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Grande Albergo Ausonia & Hungaria reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Grande Albergo Ausonia And Hungaria Wellness & Spa On Venice Lido Hotel
- Grande Albergo Ausonia & Hungaria Province Of Venice, Italy