Sitting in the sheltered Bar of this Hotel overlooking the Main Street on Venice Lido sipping a Campari Soda is a great way to relax after the hustle & bustle of a day sight seeing in nearby
Venice. After a short Water Bus voyage across the Lagoon the Ausonia is situated a less than
10 minute walk from the Quay side and for a short stay you will not be disappointed. True it's an old hotel but then nearly all the Hotels on the Lido are quite old, this one is clean & comfortable.
Bedroom more than adequate if a little dark with brown furnishings but the bathrooms are new &
well equipped. Breakfast, buffet style is taken in a bright modern room and was excellent with more than enough variety to satisfy even the hungriest appetite.
There is a very attractive if rather formal restaurant in the hotel and many more within yards
Outside the confines of the Hotel.
Staff were more than attentive and polite from the Receptionist,Porter to the Barman who was particularly efficient & knowledgeable.
If I was visiting Venice again and wanted the quieter surroundings of a the Lido from the bustle
of Venice proper I would definitely stay at the Ausonia again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Grande Albergo AUSONIA & HUGARIA is a historic residence in Venice with a one-of-a-kind atmosphere with a Thai SPA and wellness center. The hotel is just a few minutes from the dock where the "vaporetto", the local public water-bus transportation, leave every 10 minutes for Saint Mark's Square, the downtown of Venice. The suggestive boat trip is just 10 minutes long and takes you through the Saint Mark's basin.The hotel is a welcoming gem in Liberty style with period furniture, large frescoed halls, perfect for any type of event, a renowned restaurant and rooms with every comfort for a romantic and exclusive stay.Every year, many national and international stars select the Grande Albergo Ausonia & Hungaria for their stay in Lido during the Mostra Internazionale d’Arte Cinematografica (the Venice Film Festival) to appreciate the beauty and charm of the timeless structure and the superior service. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, 5viajes2012 S.L., Expedia, HotelQuickly, LateRooms, HotelsClick, Evoline ltd, Hotels.com, Cancelon, Ebookers and getaroom.com so you can book your Grande Albergo Ausonia & Hungaria reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Grande Albergo Ausonia And Hungaria Wellness & Spa On Venice Lido Hotel
- Grande Albergo Ausonia & Hungaria Province Of Venice, Italy