This hotel has mosaic art all over the front of it. It's a view all by itself. Our room was more like two rooms - a large bedroom with a king bed, two chairs and table with coffee pot, mini-bar, flat-screen TV, and a sitting room with a couch, end table and desk - very spacious and clean. It was on the top floor, front center/corner. I think this was the only hotel on our two-week tour with American TV news channels available, CNN and FoxNews. We were on a tour so I can't score the value since I don't know what it cost but it must be high - being in Venice and all. I told the desk clerk how much we enjoyed our room and were told "you must be in room 401, the junior suite." Like that must be the best of the house. How did we luck out with that? There is a patio bar at the front of the hotel surrounded by flowers and beautiful bushes. It's a great place to have a beer or glass of wine at the end of the day and suck in the luxury of this hotel. The only drawback is that it's on the island of Lido. Our tour bus had to take a ferry to get us to the hotel. Then water taxis are needed to get to the main area of Venice. But it's not as crowded on Lido as in Venice so the inconvenience was worth it. Loved this place. Hope we make it make again some day.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Grande Albergo AUSONIA & HUGARIA is a historic residence in Venice with a one-of-a-kind atmosphere with a Thai SPA and wellness center. The hotel is just a few minutes from the dock where the "vaporetto", the local public water-bus transportation, leave every 10 minutes for Saint Mark's Square, the downtown of Venice. The suggestive boat trip is just 10 minutes long and takes you through the Saint Mark's basin.The hotel is a welcoming gem in Liberty style with period furniture, large frescoed halls, perfect for any type of event, a renowned restaurant and rooms with every comfort for a romantic and exclusive stay.Every year, many national and international stars select the Grande Albergo Ausonia & Hungaria for their stay in Lido during the Mostra Internazionale d’Arte Cinematografica (the Venice Film Festival) to appreciate the beauty and charm of the timeless structure and the superior service. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, 5viajes2012 S.L., Expedia, HotelQuickly, Hotels.com, LateRooms, HotelsClick, Evoline ltd, Cancelon, Ebookers and getaroom.com so you can book your Grande Albergo Ausonia & Hungaria reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Grande Albergo Ausonia And Hungaria Wellness & Spa On Venice Lido Hotel
- Grande Albergo Ausonia & Hungaria Province Of Venice, Italy