The hotel is located along the street that runs from the port of Lido and the beach, on the Adriatic side of the island. And the exterior of the hotel looks quite marvellous. You get the feeling of stepping back in time when you enter, and we were greeted by a very friendly staff at the front desk. Our room was spacious and clean with a large bathrom, including a bath tub. The breakfast had a buffet with a wide range of choices. It is recommended to try the spa, which is located in the basemen. You can book different treatments, and the thai massage was exquisite!
We had dinner at the hotel's restaurant one evening. That was the only thing we was not completely satisfied with, and that keeps me from giving the hotel a 'very good' instead of 'excellent'. Service was friendly, although a little slow. And the food was good, but not remarkably so. We had expected a little more.
However, this will not keep us from coming back here. As for food, there are restaurants along the street you can try instead. And, it's fantastic to have your nest out on the Lido di Venezia, instead of inside the crowded city.
And the smiling and friendly staff was something we really appreciated. They made us feel really welcome. Free wifi would have been nice, though.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Grande Albergo AUSONIA & HUGARIA is a historic residence in Venice with a one-of-a-kind atmosphere with a Thai SPA and wellness center. The hotel is just a few minutes from the dock where the "vaporetto", the local public water-bus transportation, leave every 10 minutes for Saint Mark's Square, the downtown of Venice. The suggestive boat trip is just 10 minutes long and takes you through the Saint Mark's basin.The hotel is a welcoming gem in Liberty style with period furniture, large frescoed halls, perfect for any type of event, a renowned restaurant and rooms with every comfort for a romantic and exclusive stay.Every year, many national and international stars select the Grande Albergo Ausonia & Hungaria for their stay in Lido during the Mostra Internazionale d’Arte Cinematografica (the Venice Film Festival) to appreciate the beauty and charm of the timeless structure and the superior service. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Agoda, Priceline, Hotels.com, Odigeo and TravelUp so you can book your Grande Albergo Ausonia & Hungaria reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Grande Albergo Ausonia And Hungaria Wellness & Spa On Venice Lido Hotel
- Grande Albergo Ausonia & Hungaria Province Of Venice, Italy