Celebrating our 25th wedding anniversary, we decided to treat ourselves to a little luxury in beautiful Venice. We arrived late (1am) due to a flight delay but the reception staff were efficient and friendly which was perfect after a stressful journey. The hotel porter showed us directly to our room and it was a relief to let someone else take the load. Room: Medium sized, very clean and good standard of decoration, we could not stretch to a premium room but the standard is good enough although lacking a view. Bathroom: excellent with all the usual amenities plus an excellent shower. A welcome bonus is the walk-in dressing room which offers plenty of accessible unpacking and dressing space. Overall, a good start as a base for exploring Venice.
The hotel is lovely and the staff friendly and helpful. Bar and restaurant prices similar to St Marc's Square, but you expect that with the level of comfort offered at this location. The beach is a little disappointing as it is currently covered with workmen erecting marquees for the coming Film Festival ( I should have read up on the dates before booking). But this has not otherwise detracted from the stay.
The hotel water shuttle service to St Marc's Sq is a fantastic bonus. Experience the history, excitement, romance and beauty and then, just as the tourist cattle market all starts to get a little hot, hectic and stressful, stroll up to the hotels own jetty right on the square and board your own private taxi direct to your hotel - what luxury! And what a journey! we still haven't tired of it.
The maid service is very efficient and friendly and worth a special mention. Our room is invariably fresh and clean whenever we return but they are never under your feet. Breakfast is also very good with a large selection of options to help start the day on the right foot.
Overall, we are addicted and already planning our return.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- With its unique beachfront location overlooking the sparkling Adriatic Sea, the five-star Hotel Excelsior Venice is uniquely positioned to offer guests a tranquil haven just 15-minutes from Venice on one of our courtesy boats. Located on the fashionable Venice Lido beach, Excelsior was built in 1908 and quickly became the ultimate destination for the world’s rich and famous. Today, Hotel Excelsior, with its unique Moorish architecture and enviable beach location, continues to offer guests the same five-star elegance and splendour that has been enjoyed for more than 100 years. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with LoveHolidays, TravelUp, Agoda, Travel Republic (UK), Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Ebookers, HotelsClick, Evoline ltd, Cancelon, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Hotel Excelsior Venice reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Westin Excelsior Venice Lido Hotel
- Westin Venice
- Venice Westin
- Hotel Excelsior Venice Province Of Venice, Italy