We decided to stay at the Excelsior as it was excellent value for money and had it's own private water taxi shuttle to St Marks Square every 20 minutes.
The hotel itself has a lovely old glamourous atmosphere, and is situated on it's own private beach complete with cabanas. The pool area is very pleasant with lots of sunbeds and places to relax. The bedroom was a suite and extremely large, the only negative point in my opinion was the lack of tea and coffee making facilities.
Breakfast is an extravagant affair in the lovely bright ballroom, excellent choice of foods, cooked, continental etc and lots of gluten free choices, the Italians are very switched on regarding senze glutina :-) Cava was also served which was a decadent touch and the waiter service impeccable.
From the airport or cruise port the hotel is very easy to reach using the Alilaguna blue line and is a short taxi ride for the Lido S.M.E. We found this very easy with a 2 year old and luggage in tow as opposed to staying on Venice Island and having to carry luggage etc through the narrow streets and over bridges.
We would stay here again when we next visit Venice.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- With its unique beachfront location overlooking the sparkling Adriatic Sea, the five-star Hotel Excelsior Venice is uniquely positioned to offer guests a tranquil haven just 15-minutes from Venice on one of our courtesy boats. Located on the fashionable Venice Lido beach, Excelsior was built in 1908 and quickly became the ultimate destination for the world’s rich and famous. Today, Hotel Excelsior, with its unique Moorish architecture and enviable beach location, continues to offer guests the same five-star elegance and splendour that has been enjoyed for more than 100 years. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, TravelUp, Travel Republic (UK), Agoda, Hotels.com, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, Cancelon, 5viajes2012 S.L. and HotelQuickly so you can book your Hotel Excelsior Venice reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Westin Excelsior Venice Lido Hotel
- Westin Venice
- Venice Westin
- Hotel Excelsior Venice Province Of Venice, Italy