Can only agree with previous reviewers – a mixed bag describes it perfectly. I have stayed in much better and I have stayed in much worse Hotels. For a 5 star Hotel it remarkably lacking in facilities. No Spa facilities (Hot Tub, Sauna Jacuzzi), No Trouser Press, Iron & Ironing Board, Coffee / Tea tray in Room, Bath Gel, Bath Foam in a room with a shower?? No evening atmosphere at all. The room (not to everyone’s taste apparently) was great – bordering on huge with a side sea view and the quietest Air Con I have ever come across, floor to ceiling mirrors which were polished every day and a very Moorish feel. Mini Bar prices are basically Venice Canal side prices – Euro 7.00 for a soft drink / water. Breakfast was good and served in a vaulted lower ground floor room next to the beach – excellent Smoked Salmon & Prosecco. Dinner – personally I wouldn’t bother. I could have a field day here but won’t needless to say with being overcharged by Euro 38.00 and having a meal presented with mouldy fruit with little or no apology is not 5 star in my opinion – plus you end up spending as much as nights accommodation – my advice skip dinner and stay another night. The Hotel also caters for Weddings and Conferences which is obviously a large part of their income as there was a Wedding (pool closed for this), Volvo Car Launch and American & Italian political conference. Positives – fabulous building and Moorish Courtyard, fabulous pool and pool area with very good Pool Staff, beach location, short journey into Venice, friendly Bar Staff, excellent Concierge & Reception Staff, free private transfers and the Lido itself is a pleasure to walk around. Did we enjoy our stay? Yes. Would we stay again? If in Venice for any length of time probably yes – just to get away from the hustle and bustle. As a standalone return visit just to go to this Hotel probably not.
For a very good meal and reasonably priced come out of the Hotel, turn right and the first left past the Tobacconists and the Restaurant is on your left. Excellent Scallop Ravioli with King Prawns. For lunch / pre dinner drink (with the locals) continue past the Restaurant and at the junction turn right and walk maybe 5-10 minutes towards the town and you will find Bar Bepi. A truly Italian bruschetta and a beer – perfect on a sunny afternoon.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- With its unique beachfront location overlooking the sparkling Adriatic Sea, the five-star Hotel Excelsior Venice is uniquely positioned to offer guests a tranquil haven just 15-minutes from Venice on one of our courtesy boats. Located on the fashionable Venice Lido beach, Excelsior was built in 1908 and quickly became the ultimate destination for the world’s rich and famous. Today, Hotel Excelsior, with its unique Moorish architecture and enviable beach location, continues to offer guests the same five-star elegance and splendour that has been enjoyed for more than 100 years. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Agoda, LoveHolidays, Ebookers, getaroom.com, Evoline ltd, 5viajes2012 S.L., HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Hotel Excelsior Venice reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Westin Excelsior Venice Lido Hotel
- Westin Venice
- Venice Westin
- Hotel Excelsior Venice Province Of Venice, Italy