i encourage you to read the many reviews on Trip Advisor and then coe back and read this one. I will start by saying the TA reviewers generally did a nice job describing this hotel. People love it, people hate it but overall most people believe it is a viable option to staying in the center of Venice especially during the hot and crowded summer months.'
You will like:
--The timely and very cool boat into Venice which runs from the hotel every half hour from 9 am to midnight, Just walk on when you are ready and you'll be at San Marco in a fast 15 minutes.
--The cabanas. Overpriced of course but a great way to see how Italian families enjoy their beach vacations. There is a place to change and a nice day bed and loungers to view the Adriatic. The beach is clean and the water cool and crisp.
--The restaurant La Taverna right down the street
--The service and the staff
--The breakfasts (although you will be bored with the food after a few days).
--The view from your terrace (get an ocean front room on floor 6 or 7)
You will not like
--The food at the fancy restaurant. Not recommended--overpriced and not great.
--The bar (boring). The lack of a "scene" and the bad music.
--The fact that something will go wrong. We got locked in our room. The electronic key did not work and we were forced to move to another room. They did, however, handle it well and helped us move.
--The prices. Higher than they need to be but breakfast included.
In short, we havd a great relaxing time. The hotel is a bit remote but you are in Venice in a jiffy with the punctual boat. Very relaxing and an interesting way to see Venice. We spent about half the time at the hotel and half sighseeing in Venice. A great week.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- With its unique beachfront location overlooking the sparkling Adriatic Sea, the five-star Hotel Excelsior Venice is uniquely positioned to offer guests a tranquil haven just 15-minutes from Venice on one of our courtesy boats. Located on the fashionable Venice Lido beach, Excelsior was built in 1908 and quickly became the ultimate destination for the world’s rich and famous. Today, Hotel Excelsior, with its unique Moorish architecture and enviable beach location, continues to offer guests the same five-star elegance and splendour that has been enjoyed for more than 100 years. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, LoveHolidays, Agoda, TravelUp, Travel Republic (UK), Expedia, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, HotelsClick, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, Cancelon, HotelQuickly and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Hotel Excelsior Venice reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Westin Excelsior Venice Lido Hotel
- Westin Venice
- Venice Westin
- Hotel Excelsior Venice Province Of Venice, Italy