Upon arrival to the hotel on our honeymoon stay we were upgraded to a partial sea-view room, .which was overall a nice room with a good size. the hotel itself was huge! however...very quiet and most of the times boring! you'd be lucky if you caught a glimpse of another soul besides the staff members. staff was somewhat helpful. be careful when ordering from the room service menu, make sure to clarify your order because if they don't understand english they will overcharge you! we ordered fries one night and the lady misunderstood, i ordered 1 plate she sent 2, which cost us 25 euros!!! that's almost $50 just on fries! they refused to take it back... :|
anyhow, the buffet breakfast was good, the food was good, had a nice selection...
the hotel had an outdoor pool, but they said it operates in june when the weather gets a bit better. also b/c of the weather no one used the beach..so if you go before june, good luck..there's not much to do! all u get is a nice view and a the very helpful watertaxi to st. mark's!
OVERALL - our stay was nice b/c venice itself is beautiful, aside from the expensive prices. although we stayed away from the mainland, the lido wasn't so bad. there's some things you can do, such as rent a four-wheeler, walk to the shops and restaurants, and if you go there during good warm weather, then you can also use the beach!
However, id go back to this hotel, probably just when they are busier and the weather's nice, so i could take advantage of the outdoor pool & beach!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- With its unique beachfront location overlooking the sparkling Adriatic Sea, the five-star Hotel Excelsior Venice is uniquely positioned to offer guests a tranquil haven just 15-minutes from Venice on one of our courtesy boats. Located on the fashionable Venice Lido beach, Excelsior was built in 1908 and quickly became the ultimate destination for the world’s rich and famous. Today, Hotel Excelsior, with its unique Moorish architecture and enviable beach location, continues to offer guests the same five-star elegance and splendour that has been enjoyed for more than 100 years. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, TravelUp, LoveHolidays, Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Ebookers, HotelsClick, Cancelon, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, 5viajes2012 S.L. and getaroom.com so you can book your Hotel Excelsior Venice reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Westin Excelsior Venice Lido Hotel
- Westin Venice
- Venice Westin
- Hotel Excelsior Venice Province Of Venice, Italy