All reviewswater busfirst floorjacuzzi bathgarden roomst marks squaregrand canalsuperior roomoverlooking venicevaporetto stoplovely hotelthe main streetpastriesthe hustle and bustlegran vialean upgradecold meatsvisiting venice
Reviewed 27 August 2008

Having read quite a few reviews on this hotel on this site, thought we should leave one ourselves.
We stayed here between August 15th - 18th, and everything about our trip was perfect. The hotel location , the rooms, the actual island of Lido, and the ease to which we got to and from Venice.
Our room was spacious, we had a lovely view, and breakfast at the hotel is just what you need, and there is a varied choice, of toast, cold meats, fruit, cereal, croissants, cakes etc etc and
reception were extremely helpful the whole time.
We read some reviews saying that the hotel was near a noisy area - we slept fine every night, or the rooms were small - they were of average size, but how much time do you want in a hotel room in Venice? and the breakfast was awful - if you dont like the food I've listed above, then yes, its awful
All in all our trip to Venice was one of the best weekends we have ever had, and Hotel Panorama definitely contributed to that.

• Stayed: August 2008, travelled as a couple
1  Thank DREWTORIA
Reviewed 21 July 2008

What a tiny room! And what a tiny bathroom as well! This hotel felt very claustrophobic, and not relaxing at all. After a long day sightseeing, you would just want to go back to a spacious relaxing retreat, but this was neither spacious nor relaxing! The desk was so close to the bed that you could hardly walk around the bed. The room did not even have a bath tub. The hotel was not near the main sights, you had to take the boat to the island with the main sights. The breakfast was pathetic. Just breads, jams, fruit, and yoghurt. Our room was next to the boat dock so you could hear it constantly. Not pleasant. Venice is really not my cup of tea, far too overrated and touristy. There is not much to see apart from a gondola, and a couple of islands.

• Stayed: October 2004, travelled as a couple
3  Thank aputty
Reviewed 16 July 2008

My Mom and I stayed at the Hotel Panorama for three nights - July 10-13, 2008 - while visiting Venice. I cannot fully express how wonderful our stay was!!! First off, we were originally concerned with whether not staying in actual Venice was a mistake, however, we quickly discovered that staying in Lido was definitely the way to go! Lido is a very short boat ride away from Venice (not to mention the water buses are right across the street from the hotel), and has a much more casual and less touristy feel. We found Venice to be sooooooooooo busy that it was great to get away from the crowds at the end of the day. Another nice thing about staying on Lido is that the food and especially the drinks (not just alcohol, but also soda) is considerably cheaper! In restaurants in Venice it is not uncommon for Cokes to cost 8 Euros! The hotel itself was very nice, and the breakfast (which was included) was wonderful! The staff at the hotel was exceptionally helpful. We were given a map, good directions, suggestions of places to eat, etc. Staying at the Hotel Panorama also allows access to the private beach in Lido. For 10 Euros, we were able to get access to the beach, our own umbrella and chairs reserved for the day, and beach towels. We really enjoyed the beach! Another plus of the hotel is the roof top terrace from which you can get views of Venice. Even though the hotel does not have a restaurant, there is one right next door that has good food for reasonable prices. The only complaint at all is that the room was not the biggest one we have ever stayed in, however, the furnishings were nice and the bed was comfortable. Also, the bathroom was spacious and nice. Overall a wonderful stay! If going to Venice again I would definitely stay in Lido, and at the Hotel Panorama!

• Stayed: July 2008, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank scmommy8
Reviewed 13 June 2008

In looking for a hotel in Venice, we originally wanted to stay on the main island, but when I found Hotel Panorama on hotels.com, saw the rating and reviews, we decided Lido might be worth a shot. It was maybe the most enjoyable three days we spent on our two-week trip through Europe. The hotel was clean and the staff couldn't have possibly been more courteous. And though I try to be respectful of the languages in foreign countries, I know no Italian, and the front desk attendant spoke excellent English. My girlfriend and I were led within two minutes of entering the lobby to the "Garden Room", which requires a short walk through the dining room and outside to an exterior door. Some people might find this inconvenient - we felt it added to the charm. Lido was beautiful, and we decided to just stay on the island for our first day. The sunset over Venice was majestic. When we returned the first night, the staff had already tidied our room. If - no, when - I return to Venice, I am checking up on this hotel first. Fantastic.

• Stayed: May 2008, travelled as a couple
1  Thank munkeemorello
Reviewed 9 June 2008

My parents and I stayed for three nights at the Panorama and loved it. We had booked a triple with and inside view, but because our room wasn't ready when we arrived, the staff kindly upgraded us to a triple with a view of the beautiful Venetian lagoon. The marble bathroom was clean and beautiful, and the decoration was simple but with everything that we needed. A few downsides are that it takes an extra 10-15 minutes to take the boat from the center of town to Lido, but the waterbuses run all night, and we didn't find it to be a problem. Bottom line is, compared to the exorbitant prices of hotels in Venice, I highly recommend the Panorama. One tip is that there appears to be two websites run by the hotel; we found a cheaper rate on the Italian version of the site (there's an English translation link on the site that will convert everything to English for you)

• Stayed: May 2008, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank efc607