All reviewswater busfirst floorjacuzzi bathgarden roomst marks squaregrand canalsuperior roomoverlooking venicevaporetto stoplovely hotelthe main streetpastriesthe hustle and bustlegran vialean upgradecold meatsvisiting venice
Reviewed 21 September 2008

Having never travelled to Venice, we wondered how easy this Hotel would be to find considering the main source of transportation is a "vaporetto" (water bus). We need not have worried, you come out of the airport and the signs to the waterbus are very clearly marked right to the stop. It's an hour ride to the Lido which is breathtaking to say the least and as we come into the lagoon the Hotel Panorama was lit up like a Christmas Tree - Beautiful!! It took two minutes to get off the waterbus and into the hotel lobby.
The staff here speak excellent English and are very friendly and helpful. My partner went down to the lobby to request an extra pillow and the Concierge got back to the room with pillow in hand before my partner did!! Our room was light, airy, spacious and immaculate with panoramic views over the lagoon and the bathroom all Italian marble and well lit with shower and bidet.
The breakfast buffet was a smorgesbord of hams, cheeses, pastries, pates, yoghurts, cereals, toast and fresh rolls to name just a few and free to guests. It was lovely to leave the wonderful chaos of Venice behind of an evening and head back across the lagoon to the Lido with all of it's shops and restaurants. Very, very romantic!
They are building a new "vapoertto" stop outside the hotel which would mean that if you stayed in a room on a lower floor, you would lose the view across the lagoon while the construction is in progress, but we had upgraded to a room on the second floor and our views over the lagoon were panoramic and un-obstructed. I think anyone with anything negative to say about this Hotel must be mistaken and of stayed somewhere else!!
This Hotel has it all and is excellent value for money. 10 out of 10 Hotel Panorama, We would not stay anywhere else!

• Stayed: September 2008, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Reviewed 20 September 2008

When my husband learned that he had a conference in Lido, and that we would be spending 6 nights on the island, he immediately began an extensive search into hotels there. Happily for us he chose Hotel Panorama. The hotel is wonderful. Outstanding staff members Eugenio and Sabrina made us feel at home, were extremely helpful with all of our questions and requests, and made each one of our interactions feel like conversations with old friends. They are great people. Our room was very clean and well appointed, with complimentary internet access. We had great views of Venice across the lagoon from our corner room vantage point; the breakfast was very good as well. The temporary work being done directly across the street did not bother us. I am extremely sensitive to noise, and for me the hotel was quiet and peaceful, with a great location, within half a block from the “vaporetti” boats to Venice, and also next to the center of town. Lido itself was a delightful surprise, and whenever we returned from the hustle and bustle of Venice, we felt like we were coming back to our oasis. We recommend Hotel Panorama most highly.

• Stayed: July 2008
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Reviewed 3 September 2008

We had a wonderful stay at this clean, beautiful hotel.
The staff were very friendly and realy cared that we were taken care of. They even took over the task of calling the airport every couple of hours to try to track our lost luggage. Location is excelent.

Stayed: August 2008
Reviewed 2 September 2008

My parents and I stayed at Hotel Panorama at the Venetian Lido for four nights in July 2008. We have already booked to stay five nights in July 2009. It is our first choice hotel for Venice.
My favourite view of Venice is that from the Lido across St Mark's Basin towards St Mark's Square. I am not aware of any hotel that can provide a better view of this than Hotel Panorama. The view from its 'superior' rooms and terrace is simply stunning, especially when there is a colourful sunset. In addition, it's interesting watching all the water-borne traffic on the Basin, ie waterbuses, watertaxis, private boats, ferries and cruise boats.
The Lido is only ten minutes away from St Mark's Square by waterbus. And Hotel Panorama is right beside the waterbus stop. Venice is a city where the mode of transportation is by boat. Accordingly, I like getting into the spirit of things by using the water-borne transportation.
To me, Venice is one of the most fascinating cities in the world. It is unique. Venice gives tourists the opportunity to enjoy history, culture, museums, historical buildings and churches, music and casinos. However, it can be very busy. After a day exploring Venice, it is nice to retreat to the Lido which is quieter to relax. Hotel Panorama also sells vouchers to a private beach. I think they were 10 euros.
The hotel rooms and bathrooms were spotlessly clean and very nicely decorated. My parents and I were very comfortable.
The hotel staff were excellent. Very professional but also very friendly and helpful.
My parents and I are very much looking forward to returning to Hotel Panorama next July.

• Stayed: July 2008, travelled with family
Reviewed 27 August 2008

Having read quite a few reviews on this hotel on this site, thought we should leave one ourselves.
We stayed here between August 15th - 18th, and everything about our trip was perfect. The hotel location , the rooms, the actual island of Lido, and the ease to which we got to and from Venice.
Our room was spacious, we had a lovely view, and breakfast at the hotel is just what you need, and there is a varied choice, of toast, cold meats, fruit, cereal, croissants, cakes etc etc and
reception were extremely helpful the whole time.
We read some reviews saying that the hotel was near a noisy area - we slept fine every night, or the rooms were small - they were of average size, but how much time do you want in a hotel room in Venice? and the breakfast was awful - if you dont like the food I've listed above, then yes, its awful
All in all our trip to Venice was one of the best weekends we have ever had, and Hotel Panorama definitely contributed to that.

• Stayed: August 2008, travelled as a couple