“Absolutely Wonderful! Nice value!”
Review of Hotel Panorama

Hotel Panorama
Ranked #2 of 33 Hotels in Lido di Venezia
Reviewed 13 June 2009

My husband and I spent 2 nights at Hotel Panorama before we took a cruise to the Greek Isles and Croatia from Venice. The staff was very pleasant and helpful. Eugenio and Sabrina were both very nice. We got to know Sabrina more. She is a lovely person and is very helpful. (Note: I found that the staff was more helpful and friendly the more I talked to them. If I wasn't so chatty with them, I don't feel that I would have gotten to know them as much.) This was our first time in Europe so we were a little nervous about where to stay and the only language we know is English. We stayed here based on the price and recommendations of other reviews on Trip Advisor. The only person who didn't speak english was the maid (she also worked in the breakfast room). The hotel is VERY convenient- right across the street from the water buses. The bus system by the way was good and easy to follow. (Although on Friday (our only full day in Venice) the water buses were on strike. Thankfully there were still water buses going back and forth from Lido to San Marco so the strike really didn't impact our vacation.) I loved the water bus rides because everything around you is so picturesque and amazing (I would stand during the rides rather than sit below in the seats). My husband who doesn't like crowds and such was very happy that we stayed on Lido. The room size was fine. It seemed small at first but then once I got use to it it didn't seem as small. We stayed in a standard room with a view. We could have upgraded to a room with a view of St Marks but we didn't feel it was worth the extra 30 or 40 euros per night. Plus there was construction going on around the water bus/waterway in front of the hotel. Just a word of caution- there were some hotels that we saw near St Mark's square that had noisy construction going on. I would have been upset if I payed top dollar for a hotel in that area and there was noisy/ugly construction going on. On Saturday morning before we left to go to the cruise ship, we rode a 4 wheeled bicycle for two around Lido for only 10 euros per hour. It was so much fun! Lido is a beautiful area. My only disappointment with Lido was the fact that the beaches weren't open. You could still go to the beach but it was dirty and there was trash and such around. The beaches open in June. If I went again, I would go in June rather than May. As for restaurants, we ate at the Grand Viale and the Roxy. Both were good. The Grand Viale was better although the service was a bit better at the Roxy. The fettuccine carbonara was amazing! Had we stayed longer I would have like to have tried a few of the other restaurants that were recommended but weren't on the main road near the hotel. We had pizza at the Hotel Rialto (next to the Rialto Bridge) one afternoon- although a bit pricey, it was excellent. I could just go on and on about our stay.....I wish we had more time to explore Lido and Venice. I recommend at least 4 days.

1  Thank lmmNewHampshire

Reviewed 13 June 2009

This hotel did not disappoint -it was perfect . All the staff were very friendly and helpful . The hotel is spotlessly clean and the breakfasts are delicious . The whole area is lovely -much better than staying in venice proper ....will be back !

• Stayed: May 2009, travelled with family
Reviewed 7 June 2009

We had a Lagoon view room on the 3rd floor of this hotel. The room was in the eves and to see the view you had to climb up onto a small platform to see out of a small window.  The eves were so low that you banged your head getting out of the bed and in the bathroom you could not stand up to have a shower but had to sit on your knees.

2  Thank bluevcone
Reviewed 26 May 2009

We didn't book this until 4 days before we flew. I am 6 months pregnant and whilst we wanted a 'last holiday away together', we didn't want to travel too far. People had also warned me about going anywhere too hot as I would feel it more. So reputation and reccommendations were crucial (Tripadvisor was consulted at all times). We chose the Lido as it would be the best of both worlds - culture and beach. The Hotel Panorama was ideal and we couldn't believe it when we arrived into the Alilaguna stop to find our hotel straight in front of us! The hotel was ready for us a 2pm and whilst the room was smaller than we were used to, it was clean and nicely presented and had a nice view over the sea and the square. It has a pretty little terrace which is reallty nice to sit on and have drink in the early evening and you can see clearly over to the Campanile and Doge's Palace. The Vaporetto water buses go from the same stop and it is 10 mins over the main sites. There is a ticket booth and it reallt is easy to get around this area.
Breakfast was good - meats, cheese, cereals, toast etc and the dining room provides a view over to the main island.
The staff were pleasant and helpful and overall the hotel has a very relaxed but professional feel to it.
I would have no quarms in reccommendig this hotel - in fact we kept saying how lucky we were with our decision. The Lido offers a lovely public beach (the hotel one wasn't open until the end of May) and it costs 15 Euro for 2 sunbeds and an umbrella for all day (worth it though). The food on the Lido was more 'rustic' - pizza, pasta, salads but all the meals we had there were with good quality ingredients and freshly made. But it was also reasonably priced esp compared to the area around St Marks (we had a dreadful meal here - bland, v v expensive and shoddy service).
Overall it was a lovely break and was just what we needed. The temperature was about 33oC and pretty humid -I really felt it being pregnant but you couldn't really wish for nicer weather.

Reviewed 24 May 2009

My husband and I stayed in Hotel Panorama for two nights. It is located on the island of Lido, which is just across from the main center of Venice. While it's kind of a hike from the train station (take the #51 vaporetto - ~45 minutes), it was only a 5-10 minute vaporetto ride to San Marc's square and the rest of Venice. It was very quiet, and Lido is a cute little town - has a beach, and some more affordable shopping and restaurants.

The room was very spacious, as was the bathroom. Fairly modern and felt very clean. At first I was alarmed as the heavy drapes did not pull across the windows... I'm a light sleeper and wake with the earliest light - but then we realized staff had come in and shut the wooden shutters, which made the room very dark. :-) Quite a relief.

Over all the Hotel Panorama was a perfect find for our brief stay in Venice.

Reviewed 20 April 2009

I loved this hotel, mainly because of its location. It is on Lido Island and is a lovely distance from mainland Venice. Lido Island is a lovely place to escape to after looking around Venice all day. It has plenty of fine restaurants and shops. The boats run you across to venice or anywhere else in no time and it is a pleasureable experiecne, and all part of the fun I think!
There is also a lovely terrace in the hotel that one can sit on and look over across the water at Venice. The staff in the hotel are so nice, they really try to make you feel welcome and are so helpful with information, directions etc.
The room itself was a bit small but perfectly clean and comfortable. The air-con was difficult to get right though and that would be my only fault of the hotel. We stayed in april so this may have been worse if we had stayed in june. But perhaps it was a once off issue as they do have air-con and it did work a little just not enough for us.
The breakfast was excellent, lovely fresh fruit and cakes appealed to me! It was the usual continental breakfast but did the job and we were full most of the day.

• Stayed: April 2009, travelled as a couple
1  Thank bopps
Reviewed 14 April 2009

Returned this morning after a three night stay at the Panorama. I was travelling with my mother who's 78 (as my husband wanted to stay in Birmingham to go to watch his football team)!! Great location and so easy to find even after arriving on a late evening flight. We had superior lagoon view room 206 which is twin bedded and of ample size. However on the first morning due to the haze we couldn't see further than our noses never mind over to Venice. The second and third morning was perfect. The breakfast was good and set us up for the day and on Sunday they had lovely cakes and easter eggs there too. The staff were great - even took us outside of the hotel to show us where to go to a different boat stop which we needed to go to Burano. It worked out really good value to get return ticket on the airport water bus and then we purchased a 48hr ticket which could be used on all of the public transport boats. Murano the glass island is nice to go and see and, againe asy to get to - only having to change once. Wherever we wanted to go we just asked at Reception and they gave us maps and wrote down exactly how to get there. I would stay here again as it's lovely to get away from Venice Island at the end of the day and take a stroll. Not masses of restaurants on the main street on Lido but sufficient and was told that more opened up slightly later in the season - especially by the beach. At work typing this now - wish I was back there.

• Stayed: April 2009, travelled with friends