“Delightful”

Ranked #23 of 33 Hotels in Lido di Venezia
Greenwood, Missouri
“Delightful”
Reviewed 10 June 2013

After reading other reviews, I was wondering if I would like what I would find at the viktoria, boy did I like what I found ! The hotel was modern, quaint , beautiful, convenient, and the staff was wonderful. It is at the quiet end of the orange bus line therefore easily accessed. If I ever have the opportunity to visit venice again I will certainly choose the Viktoria Palace Hotel !

Room Tip: No pool. We stayed in room 11 which was a bit larger because it was a corner room...but it viewed th...
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Ferndown, United Kingdom
Reviewed 29 May 2013

Firstly I'd like to add that this hotel is clean and well up together and situated in a nice quiet part of town with great local transport connections with the bus stop right outside the door. I'm not sure why it has a 4 star rating as I'm not sure it is really.....no pool for example. The staff were friendly and helpful although the bar didn't have orange juice when I asked for vodka and orange or even pineapple juice or redbull. Petty? Maybe however if its a four star you'd expect it to serve juice. Anyway, the rooms are clean and well presented but a tad small. Beware the hotel has a rule that you're not supposed to eat or drink anything in your room that wasn't purchased in the hotel......don't know what that's all about but we ignored it! The hotel is a 20 min walk into town which is also very pleasant. There you will find the water bus terminal which I have to say all ran on time which is important if you have to make bus connections to the airport so we were really impressed.

Room Tip: When we arrived we were offered a room with a bath or shower. The shower room was apparently slightl...
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
Milaca, Minnesota
Reviewed 15 May 2013 via mobile

Afterc reading some of the reviews we arrived a little skeptic about this place but we found lovely staff, beautiful clean rooms and great views. This hotel is 10 minutes bus ride from Lido center where you can catch a water bus to town. For us the ride itself was fun too, and since we spent most of the day exploring that was not an issue at all. The included breakfast was surprisingly good. They served scrambled eggs with sausage, cereal, cheese and lunch meat, fruits, fresh croissant bread and rolls, fresh juice, coffee and much more. The room itself was very clean, nice shower and free wifi. The staff was very friendly told us about local restaurants and places to visit. They let us leave our luggage on the last day until the evening, that allowed us to visit the city one extra day. Bottom line - lovely place highly recommended.

Stayed March 2013, travelled as a couple
Widnes, United Kingdom
Reviewed 15 April 2013

We stayed in this Hotel last week, it was very pretty, typically Venetian with lots of Murano glass light fittings. Very clean, and the rooms were serviced each day, with plenty of lovely fresh towels. The room had a fridge & mini bar. We had a small balcony which overlooked Venice. The staff were polite & helpful. The hotel is a 5 minute bus ride from the ferry terminal, the ferries to Venice run every 15 minutes all day every day, we bought a 72 hour ACTV bus/ferry/train ticket at Marco Polo airport when we arrived, which gave us unlimited travel around Venice & its Islands. I would happily stay there again. Even though it isnt in the centre of Venice, it is too far away.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 10 April 2013

Many of the major aspects of this hotel are actually rather nice, but there are a lot of little annoyances that, taken together, make this hotel a bit lacklustre.

Of course, the main complaint is its location, near the end of Lido. It's about a 20 minute walk to the vaporetto stop that takes you to Venice. Luckliy, there's a bus stop across the way that cuts down this segment of the journey, but part of the time we were there, the buses were on strike. From reading other reviews, it seems this isn't an isolated incident.

The internet connection is really slow. Obviously you don't come to Venice to surf the web, but if you need it to plan your travel, it can be a bit of an annoyance.

Also, we booked a double room, but when we arrived were told that the room, although a double, was only for single use and that we needed to pay an extra €20/night supplement. That's not a huge amount, but it was a rather unpleasant surprise at check-in.

As an aside, the walls must be rather thin, as we could hear a couple in another room having passionate sex!

I suppose one problem might have been our expectations. This place is decent enough, but is certainly not the 4-star hotel it markets itself as, and which we were hoping it would be.

Room Tip: Room 30 is on the lagoon side and has a balcony.
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank DKroMau
Venice
Reviewed 8 April 2013

I stayed at this hotel for 2 days. Me and my friend were very pleased to stay there. Personnels were so helpful. Hotel is well designed and well furnitured. We spent 45 mins to reach at the hotel from city center by boat and bus. Distance was a little bit long but when we saw the hotel we thought it is worth

• Stayed April 2013, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

sheffield
Reviewed 25 March 2013

Stayed here for 3 night as a base for a work conference in Venice. I'd stayed here 2 years previously for the same reason and was happy to return. The hotel is good value, and the room is ok with a decent bathroom and shower. Bed is pretty comfortable.

The staff varied in terms of their helpfulness. I arrived earlier than check-in but phoned ahead and that wasn't a problem and they prioritised readying our room. Check-in was fine and the guy was informative. The workers on the public transport were under strike the day I arrived, and so the buses and vaparettos were very limited. I asked if any buses were running down to the Lido vaparetto stop (to save the 25min walk) and was told there'd be buses for a few hours from 3.30pm. I went down then to get the bus but was told it was actually 4.30, and so walked down to the vaparetto. I appreciate that the strike caused some problems but the misinformation was annoying. I was told also that the wifi was for one hour only, and then a different receptionist gave me a code for 1 day. On the second floor the connection was very weak and it wasn't worth trying to use. If you expect to have very strong wifi continuously then you might be disappointed. Also an extra pillow was too much to ask.

I didn't try the restaurant and the bar is tiny with only 2 bar stools so didn't try their either. Breakfast was continental and fine. When the buses and vaparetto are running normally then you can get from the hotel to St Mark's Square in 25mins, and Piazza di Roma in about 40mins. Personally I enjoy the boat trip to get to Venice.

The Lido is worth exploring near the Vaparetto stop, there are some nice restaurants and bars and it's a lot more relaxed than Venice.

The hotel also seemed popular with foreign school trips and so some noise at night and early wake-up calls may bother some, but I didn't have any real problems.

The hotel is fine if you get a good deal and aren't fussed about staying on Venice, however improving their customer service would quickly turn it into an good hotel.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled on business